Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-03-2013, 05:45 PM   #1  

Default I need a huge kick up the butt!

I started to diet 3 years ago and went from 224lbs to 154lbs in under a year... im 5ft4 so not very tall and when I got to 154 people started to say "ohh you're getting too skinny, you're going to far, you're going to make yourself ill" so I quit.. managed to keep my weight within 7lb of 154, up and down until I gave up smoking 8 months ago... I knew I had put on weight, clothes got a bit tight so I went up into clothes which had been too big for me... but was too scared to get on the scales, got xmas and new years out the way and braved the scales, nearly cried when I saw I was back up to 196lbs.

Now my boyfriend is talking about getting married, he hasn't asked me yet but he is in the Army and he is getting posted away in September, the Army does not care about girlfriends, you have to be a wife to be taken into account, so although we would get married at some point, he keeps saying he wants me to go with him, but that I would have to marry him first, gaging my reaction I think haha, we are probably going to be forced to make it happen sooner rather then later so I want to get this weight off once and for all, so Im not a big fat bride who has to hide her wedding photos.

Im so frustrated that I am losing the same pounds again... after I did so well but if I did it once I can do it again I guess...

Need a very hard kick up the butt to keep me motivated, I won't give up this time, no matter what anyone says... my first goal is 144lb so that gets me into the healthy weight bracket for my height, then I will see how I feel and how I look before deciding a final goal.
SammyE13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:58 PM   #2  
Empress/Queen

Hi, good for you for your determination.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:13 PM   #3  

Low carb and calorie counting, me and carbs don't get on, but I love them, so staying clear of bread, pasta, rice and potatoes.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:16 PM   #4  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

You took that first, and hardest step... you faced the scale! Now what. Here's your kick! Do you have a plan? Calorie counting? Weight Watchers? Some other named diet? Do you exercise? Do you plan to? I count calories, weigh and measure my food, and use Bodybugg. I also like Weight Watchers. My best tool, the thing that really motivates me and keeps me on track, is I weigh myself every day.

Last edited by twinieten; 01-03-2013 at 06:17 PM.
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:05 PM   #5  

My plan is to stick to around 1200 net calories a day, but all from fruit, veg and chicken/fish. Cutting out all tea/coffee/cola etc and just drink green tea and water. Ive got my exercise bike back out... well I removed all the things I had hung over it lol so I'm going to do 20mins on that every night for the next 10 days, then up it to 30mins for 10 days and so on until I'm up to a hour and doing 25k with ease, then start using the cross trainer once I build my knee up a bit, had a 180 degree dislocation to my knee so I have to build it up slowly, esp when Im heavier.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:08 PM   #6  

People say that you are too thin because they are jealous. Don't ever listen to them! If you are within a normal range for your height, you are fine.
nomorejellybeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:23 PM   #7  

I was 10lbs away from being in the healthy weight bracket for my height! I guess people just see the weight falling off and think its due to starvation because so often people diet and you don't see a change in them but I lost 70lbs in under a year so it was a very noticeable change.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:24 PM   #8  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorejellybeans View Post
People say that you are too thin because they are jealous. Don't ever listen to them! If you are within a normal range for your height, you are fine.
Seriously, I agree with jellybeans...people told me the same thing. Don't stop until you are ready to stop. If you must explain, then explain that you are working towards a normal weight by medical standards. And so you know, I'm sitting at near goal and people are still saying the exact same thing. I need to stop, I'll get too thin...but no one is saying I've lost too much weight, or that I look too thin. The fact that I'm working on the last 10-15 pounds is not going to come up as a topic, though. As far as they are concerned, I'm done.

You've dusted off your collector's item (the place where things collect)! Good for you!! Good luck! Even 10 minutes in your PJs when you just don't have time is better than nothing at all!
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:36 PM   #9  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Welcome and good luck on your journey!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:12 PM   #10  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

I love low carb, it helps me drop the weight fast for the first bit then reliable losses after that. Especially if I incorporate exercise.

You've come far once, you can do it again! This is my second time losing, gained some back the first time then got pregnant and gained more than I ever have.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:03 PM   #11  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

I think the first step is accepting personal responsibility. Your post is littered with excuses and finger pointing when you and you alone are the keeper of your body and what goes into it.

(You asked for a butt kicking ... that was the best I've got)

Obviously you know how to lose weight and it appears you're young so it shouldn't be too difficult to lose it, again.

Since you love carbs what you should consider is learning something that many people have a very tough time with. Moderation. Portion size.

As an alternative you can do what I do because I don't like portion control. I will eat very little for a period of time so I can eat more for a period of time. For me it is weekdays vs weekends. I keep it tight during the week so I can relax and eat more over the weekends.

I also never eat breakfast. This means I can eat more food later in the day.

Ultimately - as people will say repeatedly - you have to find a way that works for you. I'm just throwing a couple ideas at you to consider.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:30 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 174/145.6/130-117

Height: 5feet1

Gaining it back is far too easy to do. In 2010 I went to an all time high really fast. I was afraid to step on the scale too. I think only self butt kicking is really gonna work. But don't hurt your knee doing it! You need to be able to ride that bike! You know what worked before. You know what didn't. Do the losing the same and the maintaining differently!
Fluffypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:48 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 171/130/108

Height: 5'0

means u need to lose 52lbs for your goal? and how long you plan to do it?
making some small goal and plan per week will really help you tracking your weight loss
START now!
nasu27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:12 PM   #14  
Committed

S/C/G: 166 / 160 / 145

Height: 65"

I motivate myself by weighing every morning. I also record my weight on my iPhone in an app call "Fitter." It is a great tool so you can track your progress, you can do a bunch of other things on this app but I just use the weight tracker.
lmmuzquiz is offline   Reply With Quote