South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-03-2013, 10:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/276/190

Height: 5'7

Post New to South Beach need advice

Hello everyone! I am new to the South Beach Diet, just started it the first of the year. I am doing well but having trouble eating all the darn beans Does anyone have suggestions or can you substitute anything for the beans?
Thanks for any help
weight losing mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:58 AM   #2  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

I don't think you are required to eat beans! They are high in fiber and filling, so they are great if you like them, but I don't think you have to force yourself to eat them if you don't like them. I often don't have beans...

BUT if you do want to eat more beans, experiment with different kinds ... like red lentils that dissolve when you cook them in soups. Or garbanzo beans/chickpeas that you can make into a delicious salad (look in the recipes for "mock tuna salad" - here it is: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sala...chickpeas.html - I waited a long time to try that because I thought it sounded weird, but it is so good!) or hummus (there are many flavors - I love roasted garlic and spicy red pepper) as a dip for veggies. Or some of the bean cakes/muffins (also sounds quite weird but many people love them). White beans are quite mild in flavor and make a great base for an Italian white bean salad (w/ or w/out tuna) or a soup (kale and white bean soup, for example).

Have fun experimenting!

Last edited by EmmaD; 01-03-2013 at 11:13 AM. Reason: typo
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:09 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 280/276/190

Height: 5'7

Thanks for the advice. I have not read the book yet so I wasn't sure if they were required or not. I apreciate the help.
weight losing mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:45 PM   #4  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I also love the http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/snac...hick-peas.html recipe!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote