South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-03-2013, 01:11 AM   #1  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Height: 5'2"

Default So glad I took the time to pop back to 3fc ...

I've been lurking for a week or so, feeling a bit embarrassed about returning to 3fc again after all these years (I first joined in Oct 2001, and last posted in Nov 2011)

When I first joined, it was the run-up to my 40th birthday and I was adamant that I wasn't going to be 'fat & forty'! When I last posted, it was the run-up to my 50th birthday and I was adamant that I wasn't going to be 'fat & fifty'! However, you can probably all guess what happened during the years in between, so I won't bore you with the details!

Now, here I am again, already turned fifty and still fat! I'm so sick of the way I feel and look! I feel like I've wasted the last 20 years of my life inside someone else's body! I used to be slim and felt attractive, then I got married and had kids (still happily!), but my body went downhill from there!

Anyway, after having a little lurk around the boards for a few days, I've noticed a few 'old-time-returnees', so I don't feel quite so embarrassed about returning after all this time.

I've spent the past few days reading up on the SBD plan again to refresh my memory (it's been a while!) and I'm really looking forward to getting started again. I'm clearing the kitchen cupboards of all the holiday goodies that I want rid off, and I'm off to re-stock them this weekend with all the food I can eat on Phase 1.

I have no idea how much I weigh right now (my tracker still shows my stats from 2011!), but I suspect I'm well into the 200's I'll be weighing-in on Monday for the first time in over a year and I'll alter my tracker then.

Looking forward to getting back on the beach and hopefully spending the majority of my 50's in my own body rather than the one that's smothered me for the past 20 years!

Last edited by Fat in Hong Kong; 01-03-2013 at 01:14 AM.
Fat in Hong Kong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:35 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome back, Nicola. Yes, some of the old timers are still here! I'm still struggling along but have been losing the battle lately. It's nice to get a brand new year and another burst of "I can do this" enthusiasm.
On we go!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Welcome Back, Nicola! Yes, a lot of old-timers are still here, but we stumble and fall just like everyone else. You must never feel embarrassed to come back, life happens and we all just do the best we can, But We Never Give Up!
Hang in there, and remember we're all in this together and here for each other.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:43 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Welcome back Nichola Yup, I maintained for 4 years then put 20 lbs back on this fall when life went kind of crazy. It never gets easier, guess we just have to keep on keeping on. I did hear an interview yesterday and the researcher said the good news is that we remember habits and can pick them back up again (hoping this is true for me and exercise). The bad news is the same
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:55 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Welcome back. You are not alone in your struggles and history.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:59 AM   #6  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Height: 5'2"

Thanks everyone for the welcome back! I can't wait to get started ... once I've stocked up on Phase 1 foods! The only thing that I'm going to struggle with is the eggs, eggs, eggs for breakfast! I'm frantically searching for no-egg Phase 1 friendly breakfast recipes as we speak!
Fat in Hong Kong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:53 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

back, Nichola!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:46 AM   #8  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat in Hong Kong View Post
The only thing that I'm going to struggle with is the eggs, eggs, eggs for breakfast! I'm frantically searching for no-egg Phase 1 friendly breakfast recipes as we speak!
Yogurt smoothies saved me in Phase 1! Especially if you can get Greek yogurt there, it is very high in protein. I used a recipe similar to the "Chocolate Cheesecake Smoothie" and added spinach - gross color, but it tastes great. I also make a version using silken tofu.

Also I often make variations of protein pancakes - there are several recipes in the Phase 1 Breakfast recipes. You can add grated zucchini or cauliflower (I steam the cauliflower a bit before adding to pancakes to ensure that it is soft) to boost the veggie content with very little noticeable flavor.

And - I love tofu scramble! Check out this recipe: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/brea...bled-tofu.html. I always add veggies - kale, broccoli, red peppers...

Good luck to you!
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:14 PM   #9  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

back! No need to be embarrassed!! There are many of us who come and go and come and go and...well, come and go!

Lots of recipes in the recipe section to check out. I have no issue with eggs but remember to think outside the typical breakfast food box
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote