Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 06:01 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #29

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #29

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous lbs Down Friday We get to crow about loss or ask for help
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

CURRENT CHALLENGE IS UNTIL DECEMBER 31ST. TO LOSE 30 LBS BY THEN.

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.
Old 09-24-2003, 06:05 AM   #2  

WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's woes. What is messing you up, making you mad, or causing you sadness?

My woe is that the dog a few days ago stepped on my left breast in bed and now there is a worrisome knot and soreness. It is getting smaller but it sure is sore.

I have 20 menus done now. Yeah! I ran out of recipes and need to get some more and finish one more week.

Will post later when you are all up and around.

Faye
Old 09-24-2003, 07:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Good morning ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Faye, so sorry to hear bout the knot in your left breast. I am glad that it is getting smaller! Wish that I had some mircale for the soreness. All that I can say is to make sure that you wear a bra that has excellent support. For me that is always the key. Thank GOD there are playtex bras.

Woe for today is an on going woe. I guess that I am getting to the point where I am ready for a change of sencery and would love to leave where I am living at but I know that this is a good place to raise my son. That and the fact that I am so unhappy at my first job. I am trying to make my second job full time but it is one of those where I have to wait and see.

Time to checkout some other threads and mail before work. Here's to a BLESSED DAY to all

sandy
Old 09-24-2003, 08:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 198/ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Good morning girls!

Faye take care of that knot. I know how bad that can hurt because my toddler seems to love to elbow me in the chest, but dont they all?

No woes here So far its a sunny day (but rain on the way shortly) All the kids off to school, freshly washed, dressed and fed, except my baby who is still asleep.

Last Monday was his 4th birthday. They sure do grow up fast.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. I am going to have a cup of coffee and watch the rest GMA... for the first time- uninterrupted in years!

hugs!
Old 09-24-2003, 09:00 AM   #5  

Good Morning Ladies!

Well, I wasn't going to exercise yesterday.....but Mother Nature had other ideas! We had what I guessed to be the remnants of the recent hurricane---lots of wind and raining buckets. I just happened to go into the garage after dinner, and the rain was quickly seeping into the garage ! There was a largish puddle about two inches away from a huge stack of cardboard boxes which contain our most beloved books I was so worried about ruining the books that I grabbed a towel to stop the stream and then tore apart the stack to get the bottom row off the ground! There really wasn't anywhere else to put the things, so I just put some plastic bins on the bottom row and then restacked the boxes on top.

All in all, it was about 30 minutes of heavy lifting. So, I guess I got 4 points yesterday in spite of myself I'm so relieved that nothing got damaged!

Wednesday woes are few today....I have to finally come to grips with the fact that our cat (who has been missing for over a week) probably got eaten by a coyote or a fisher. These woods are just full of predators and she was an outdoor cat who loved to hunt. I guess it was a fitting end after all the hundreds of things she killed mutilated and left on my pillow! Still, I miss her terribly. She was the only pet we could keep when we moved (had to say goodbye to a whole flock of sheep!). But, I think it's finally time to put her little bowl away and accept reality. At least I didn't have to watch her get sick and die slowly.

The other thing I'm concerned about today is our vehicles. I have an awesome huge conversion van which is perfect for our family. I bought it four years ago for only $3000. It has a new engine and a new transmission.....purrs like a kitten......but it has a good bit of rust on the outside. I've tried to get it inspected twice now, and each different garage says there's something else wrong with it. I can't help feeling like I'm being taken advantage of! Like, "you have to pay us several hundred dollars...or several thousand....or you won't be able to drive this vehicle". I HATE CAR BOYS!! I can and do alot of my own auto repair....right down to my own brakes! But EVERY time I take a car anywhere I am patronized and treated like an idiot! If I give the car to my dh and have him take it in, there is never any problem. Even though he knows SQUAHT about cars. PISSES me off!

So, today I'm taking the van to a third garage, in hopes that they will be more reasonable. This one is owned by a woman, and run by a woman........I can't wait to see if there is any difference in how I'm treated! I've searched long and hard for woman owned garages, and they are few and far between. But we happen to have one just down the road.......I sure hope they are reasonable! Remember when an inspection meant that you headlights and wipers had to work and that's all they cared about???? I think they make the laws here just so the mechanics can try to suck you for as much money as they think you've got!

Anyway, that's my gripe for today. We have three other vehicles, all of which need inspections as well......and none of which are in near as good a condition as the van. I think I almost have dh convinced that we need to suck it up and buy a NEW car. He's so focused on getting out of debt that the thought of a car payment just makes him crazy.....but this whole summer has been one freakin' car hassle after another, and the stress just isn't worth it! He tried to take his car in yesterday and they wanted him to pay $1400 to get shocks, brake calipers, and ball joints replaced! Now, I'm sorry, but that is a TAD excessive for a state inspection!!!!

Anyhoo, I'm going in at 10, so I'll let you know how it turns out. I'm pretty stressed out, but hey....I haven't binged! I'm so glad we're all figuring out our "triggers" and how to control them.

Hope everyone has a super day!

Julie
Old 09-24-2003, 09:31 AM   #6  

Julie: Boy can I identify with car problems. Until we bought the Grand Marquis a year ago we had not had a new car in 20 years and we have pretty much had to have anything and everything replaced. We have inspection here too, with the main focus being emissions. Right before our inspection this year our engine light came on. Jack took it in and the machine said it was an emissions problem, but out car book said it could be other stuff like bad gas or a loose gas cap. Anyway, a friend of Jack's said to disconnect the battery to reset the computer and if it stayed off it was nothing. Well it did, but a week later came back on. Jack took it in to be inspected and it passed with a 98% and 100% and they can't find anything wrong with the car other than check engine light on and they don't know why it came on now in the first place! Jack's old car is in the garage kaput because it has a wiring problem and it is not a diagnostic machine "show what's wrong" kind of problem. They have to follow the wiring out in the car and they charge us by the hour to do that! So right now until I get a job it is going to sit there. The title for it which is clear is in Indiana and we have had 3 years of trouble getting them to give it to us so we can't sell it to anybody! Hope the ladys' garage can give you a fair price and assessment what is wrong. We have a leaky garage and brother what a mess. To fix the problem is gonna cost big bucks because the garage has shifted and so the poured concrete around the outside has cracked etc and the door doesn't fit tight at the bottom and that all has to be replaced. I need to check and see if that is the association responsibility since it is the outside of the garage.

I only have to vacuum and than I am done with the upstairs so I am going to drag the trash and dirty hand towels etc downstairs and then get finished up here so I can decide about exercise this morning. I have to get my toenails repainted too and get my clothes and stuff laid out to pack tonight so I better get back to work!

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 09-24-2003 at 09:34 AM.
Old 09-24-2003, 12:09 PM   #7  
I Can and I Will

Hello AGAIN Lovely Ladies... lets see if this works this time... this computer froze right as i hit post reply... and i had a real long post... gggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Any whoooooo... Yesterday i only got points for h2o... no exercise and overate... i have been in a funk these past few days
even my head feels like its in the clouds or something... must have caught a bug... luck duck! My parents gave me a cd of my bother... he was a dj and an extrememly talented man... he had the gift of mimic... he could and did most eveyone... I listened to it yesterday with my hubby... the thing i realize most is that i adore his laughter... and i miss it immensly. I laughed and i cried but mostly it made me happy. Happy to know i have him forever in my heart and i have his voice with me now.
Julie, i am in the same boat as you are with the cat... my Franklin has been missing for a week. He too is an outside hunter...lol and has brought many a "gift" to us. We went to the Humane Society to look for him there yesterday and no luck... Someone either took him(whick i doubt... cuz if he didnt get to go out he was good at making problems...lol) or something happened to him. I just dont think we are going to see him again... And Salem, our other cat is at a loss as well. HE misses his brother... he even walks with us while we are calling for Franklin...lol both of them loved going for walks with us... like a dog would... just trotting along behind or along side us...
I sooo agree with what Pam wrote... I printed it out and am going to read it everyday , in the mirror, til it is in my head permanently. Maybe that will help me get going... Its going to be a long hard road but i sooooooo need to and sooooo want to be successful. With your help i know i can do this ...

Well ladies... its almost time for DS to go to school... so i will check back here later...
Take Care of U!!! Love you all....

Sandy
Old 09-24-2003, 12:12 PM   #8  

I "borrowed" this from another thread but I know Kat won't mind. You need inspiration, go here and look what this woman accomplished!

http://www.darleneelizabeth.com/openingpage.htm

Julie: YOU GET A: for points

SandyB: YOU GET A: for points. It is understandable to be blue getting the gift you did. Your parents are wonderful people to think of you in that way. Go take a look at darlene's website and I guarantee you she will spur you on!

I GOT A: for points.

Somebody and I can't for the life of me remember who, ask me about my menus. I am including one day's menu here so you can see what I did. This is based on 1800/410 cal and fat. Almost all of the dinner recipes are from 3fc. I think I have one that is WW and a couple that are just a meat and pot kind of thing.

MENU 2

BREAKFAST: 1 carton egg beaters with 1 slice toast with all fruit jam 150/10

SNACK: 16 oz spicy bloody mary mix with 1 cup lowfat popcorn and 1tsp peanuts 190/ 80

LUNCH: WW frozen meal 400 cal less 80 fat cal or less
Carton sugar free jello and 1 tbl ff cool whip 50

SNACK: slimfast snack bar 125 /30

DINNER: Peppered Pork Chops (see recipe) 2 servings 334/72
Baked Potato with 2 tbl low fat margarine 320/100
1 cup cooked broccoli 50
health start ice cream bar 80

SNACK: chocolate grahams (14) 130/25

Have a great day ladies!

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 09-24-2003 at 02:27 PM.
Old 09-24-2003, 02:25 PM   #9  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi gals,

FAYE - I just looked at that link Wow! She has truly inspired me! Doesn't she look amazing? That will be us sometime soon - we will look that good!

PAM - I think you deserve a WTG!! for your realisation. I know exactly what you mean. When I started this diet I realised that I am not 'terminally fat' - I can lose this weight and I do not have to stay trapped in this fat body which makes me so unhappy. For too long I have seen being slim as some unattainable 'holy grail' that I cannot reach. Then I realised that there is absolutely no reason and no excuse in the world that means I have to stay fat. It may take a little time and some hard work but it is so worth it. I am worth a little hard work and so are you! (and all of us!).

I'd just like to share something that has really helped me so far on my weightloss journey. It's to do with reasons why we want to lose weight. I have written a list of promises to myself. An example is:- 'in a year or so from now I will get married in a size 10 or 12 wedding dress and will enjoy being the centre of attention'. I have found it important to write 'I will' rather than 'I want to' as it makes it more real. I WANT to win the lottery but I have no control over that happening, whereas I WILL get married in a size 10 or 12 dress - I am completely in control of that!. It is a promise list and not a wish list! I enjoy reading it regularly and it fills me with excitement when I think I will achieve my promises to myself!

Anyway -just thought I'd share that with you all, maybe it might help someone.

Yesterday I got 4 points!

Love Amanda xx
Old 09-24-2003, 02:34 PM   #10  

Amanda: YOU GET A: for points. I am going to keep what you did in mind for maybe a future Mission Monday or better yet a Target Tues. What a great thing to do!

She looks absolutely incredible doesn't she? I am going to be almost that size by next year when my ds gets married if I have to hack it off! She really inspired me to do my very best!

Faye
Old 09-24-2003, 03:25 PM   #11  
Soon-to-be Sexy Lady

Hey girls...2 points for yesterday for me...
Old 09-24-2003, 03:48 PM   #12  

Good day ladies!

I got 2 points for yesterday

Faye: Hope the soreness goes away and wow you have lots of menus- way to go Oh and great website thanks.

gigglez: Hope things get better at your first job or that you can go full time on your secong job. I get fed up at my job too at times, but it pays good and God knows I have to many bills right now so I can't quit the job.

Honeyrose- glad to hear your having a sunny day and hope you enjoyed watching the rest of GMA

Julie-good luck with the car inspection. It drives me crazy too when men think just because we're female we have no clue about cars or handy work. How wrong they are huh...I know a few guys I could dance circles around with handy work

Sandybrat: Awwww the missing cat saddens me a lot I just hate thinking of an animal in distress. The way i see it the worst 3 things are a child, elder(very old I mean), or animal in distress because they are pretty much defenseless.

Amanda: I agree with you mini goals and such help us along this journey.

As for me I am pretty happy today...called in sick to work. Just relaxing a bit I needed a break.

Have a wonderful rest of the day!
Old 09-24-2003, 09:46 PM   #13  
I Can and I Will

Hello again ladies... well whta do u think of this?? I have been eating all day.... munch munch munch... and yet i dont even have 2000 calories for the day... I had a light bulb moment!! Its whta i am eating... more so than the how much!! I had apples and cheese, tea, 2 spoonfulls of peanut butter(i love it that way) half of an acorn squash with a bit of butter and brown sugar baked with it... i mean i am FULL. I only had squash for dinner!
I am truley amazed... i guess i need to see the calorie count to believe it.
Yes Faye, i was so happy to get the cd of my brother. The amazing thing is that his friend made it... and will send anyone who wants one a copy... just because he knew and loved my brother. I wish that my brother knew just how much he was loved while he was here with us. He touched alot of peoples hearts.... I have cousins and aunts and uncles all getting this cd... Which is good... cuz Scott is up there laughing right along with us... I am off to play some cards while i wait for DH to get home so i can feed him...lol Sleep well everyone!! Sweet Dreams

Sandy
Old 09-24-2003, 10:05 PM   #14  

Evening,

pts for yesterday: 2 pts for program, 1pt for exercise and 1 pt for water.

Faye, I had already seen the pics of Darleen, WOW!!! I saved it under my favorites so I could look at it daily for inspiration. She is truly amazing. I want to send her an email too.

Sandy, what you wrote about your brother is very touching. I know he will always be with you, in your thoughts and in your heart.

Happy Dance Dot, you should be doing the happy dance, you are really doing well, keep up the great work

Amanda, I KNOW YOU WILL DO IT, YOU WILL FIT INTO THAT SIZE 10-12 WEDDING DRESS! AND OF COURSE WE ALL WANT TO SEE PICTURES!! YOU WILL BE A MOST BEAUTIFUL BRIDE!

Gigglez, Mirabelly, and Honeyrose, you chickies stay and I will be thinking of all of you!! you girls are just the best!!
Old 09-25-2003, 03:11 AM   #15  

THURSDAY: Time for Us Thursday. Try and remember how important YOU are and take just a litle bit of time for yourself today.

2 pointers for Wednesday are:

MISSY
Dorothy

4 pointer for Wednesday is:

PAM

Girls I am not sure whether I will get time to come back and post today but if I don't please take care of each other while I am gone, be sweet to any newbies as I know you will be and I will post when I get back home either Monday night or Tues morning.

Faye
Closed Thread