Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 01:29 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Monday, 12/31/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
Old 12-31-2012, 06:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

Good Morning everyone, feeling a bit bloated. will have to control my emotions.

Holly - saw your post about your coach wanting to lose a few more. You mentioned you were worried she might be wanting to make a few $s.
Your ideal weight, you will know. On the coach - think about how has she treated you on the entire journey? has she been consistent? has she been supportive? did she ever push IP products on you? just something to think about.

i need to journal. my gosh i need to journal.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:34 AM   #3  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone! Wow, I had a bad dream this morning - and it was about eating! First one of those. A friend was opening a restaurant and gave me a sample of a lot of foods. I was trying to eat just the lighter things, but looked down at my plate and saw I had eaten *everything*! Then I remembered I wasn't supposed to eat anything not OP and should have turned the whole plate away. I can't remember feeling so awful in a dream in years.

Winds are up today but not too bad so it looks like it's another dive day. We're hoping to find my DH's GoPro and [expensive] video light he dropped yesterday while trying to help a new diver who was having trouble in the surface current getting back to the boat. Wish us luck!
Old 12-31-2012, 06:46 AM   #4  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

bubbleblower....dreams can sure seem REAL!!! i had food dreams early on, but thankfully no longer do they haunt my sleeping mind! hahaha

still reeling from being sick. i am such a wimp when it comes to being sick! oooh sickness be gone!!! i need the color back in my rainbow!!
Old 12-31-2012, 06:58 AM   #5  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Hope you feel better really soon, Rainbow! No fun being sick!

And yeah, in the dream it was just amazing how disgusted and upset I was for myself for screwing up! Definitely can't let them happen in real life!
Old 12-31-2012, 07:20 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Religious on IP this entire weekend and no results on the scale....not feeling it today
Old 12-31-2012, 07:26 AM   #7  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
Religious on IP this entire weekend and no results on the scale....not feeling it today
eh....it happens....STAY TRUE TO PLAN and then have fun WAITING FOR THE WHOOOOSH!!!! you got this!
Old 12-31-2012, 07:56 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

i am having a hard time being 100% op, have a big old party at my home tonight. going to plan ahead.

my nemesis is cashews. my coach has told me they are high in carbs and fats.
why cant i stay away. i am not allowing any more cashews in my home.

i have done that with icecream and other goodies, gotta get cashews out, out of here!
Old 12-31-2012, 08:05 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 340/333/225

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
Hope you feel better really soon, Rainbow! No fun being sick!

And yeah, in the dream it was just amazing how disgusted and upset I was for myself for screwing up! Definitely can't let them happen in real life!
I had a food dream last night too and was so upset with myself for going hog wild! At least that is affirmation to me how bad I want this and a reminder of what cheating would feel like!
Old 12-31-2012, 08:14 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
eh....it happens....STAY TRUE TO PLAN and then have fun WAITING FOR THE WHOOOOSH!!!! you got this!
Thanks. Don't worry, I'm not giving up on this. I'm just frustrated because I see everyone else loosing faster. I want to see the WHOOOOSH....LOL
Old 12-31-2012, 08:16 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 273.5/251/245

LizRRR, sorry that your son is ill. My friends son managed to throw up all over like that, even managing to get vomit [I]under[/B] his mattress!!

Sonyainva, hope you are able to journal soon and great job for planning ahead with your emotional control.

Had a rough day with my food choices yesterday. I ended up having an emotional time (missing my dad) while celebrating Christmas with my step-mom and brother yesterday. I did not prepare for it as I did not expect those feelings at all. The food plan I had was not sufficient for the very off plan hors d'oeuvres she (unexpectedly) served. This was followed by ordering a chicken meal that was to have "minimal breading" on it that I assumed I could pull off. I am not sure how one possibly could put more bread and coating on a little chicken tender. Now I am putting it behind me, saying "Oh, well!" and planning my food around the menu for the party I will be at tonight.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:17 AM   #12  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:
Amen! Also weighing everyday is a trap for disappointment for most people. I can be up for four days and then on weigh in day, I'm down 3 pounds. I try to stay off the scale during the week.

Sorry you're not feeling well, Rainbow!!! Get better, sweetie!

Weighed in yesterday and I lost 4 pounds! Yay! 6 pounds to goal, but I'm going to lower it by at least 10 pounds, but for now, it's great to say "6 pounds to goal!"

Snowy and not so cold here in Santa Fe today. Happy New Year's Eve, Everyone!
Old 12-31-2012, 08:20 AM   #13  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyainva View Post
i am having a hard time being 100% op, have a big old party at my home tonight. going to plan ahead.

my nemesis is cashews. my coach has told me they are high in carbs and fats.
why cant i stay away. i am not allowing any more cashews in my home.

i have done that with icecream and other goodies, gotta get cashews out, out of here!
Good luck, Sonya! You can do this!

I was at a get together yesterday and there was lots of Mexican food, which I love, but oh, boy, I was eyeing the chocolate cupcakes. I didn't eat them. I didn't really want them, but the old addiction did. I had some celery and water and walked away.

I live by myself, so when I started IP, I just got rid of everything I knew I wouldn't be eating for a long time. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to have sweet junkie things in my home. They just call my name with such a sweet siren song.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:33 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
bubbleblower....dreams can sure seem REAL!!! i had food dreams early on, but thankfully no longer do they haunt my sleeping mind! hahaha

still reeling from being sick. i am such a wimp when it comes to being sick! oooh sickness be gone!!! i need the color back in my rainbow!!
Good morning Rainbow,
Sorry you're not feeling well. Sending you healing thoughts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
You will be getting a big whoosh soon! It really happens! Stay OP and positive! (Plus there are no healthy alternatives, the best thing you can do is push on and trust.)
Old 12-31-2012, 08:53 AM   #15  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
Sorry you're not feeling well, Rainbow!!! Get better, sweetie!

Weighed in yesterday and I lost 4 pounds! Yay! 6 pounds to goal, but I'm going to lower it by at least 10 pounds, but for now, it's great to say "6 pounds to goal!"

Snowy and not so cold here in Santa Fe today. Happy New Year's Eve, Everyone!

thanks starshine!! WOW...LOOK AT YOU so close to goal!!! awesome!!!!!!!!! it must just feel A.W.E.S.O.M.E.!!!
way to go on losing 4 more pounds too!! that is a LOT when you are so close to your goal!! woohoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Good morning Rainbow,
Sorry you're not feeling well. Sending you healing thoughts!
thank you chloe....i need my color!!! hahaha being a sick puppy is not something i handle well....poor pitiful me! hahaha thank goodness i do not have to work and can sleep it off as much as possible.

hot tea chicken soup and sleep will surely bring the color back into my rainbow!!
Closed Thread