South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 06:44 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Last Weekend Chat for 2012

-13ºC/3ºF - that means cold, whatever system you use. We are also supposed to get snow for the next three days but it hasn't started yet. We really don't need any more snow or a while.

Not sure what the day will bring. I am invited to an Open House this afternoon but the folks live down by the mighty St Lawrence where the wind certainly whips the snow around. I may just make my excuses and spend quality time here at home with the dogs.

Time for another coffee with Paul and then I'll get on with it - whatever "it" is today. I sure don't want to cook or shop although I do have gift cards. Maybe I'll sit down and figure out how to use my e-reader so I can load it with books for Cuba mid-January.

It's the fifth day of Christmas and my true love is sending me five golden rings. I must look up the price of gold in case I decide to cash them in.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:52 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

It's a flashback thread I know the feeling though, where does the time go?

Wow Ruth, that's cold It's in the low teens here and I don't want to go out. We are awaiting another storm. Good thing I want to snowshoe this year. Guess if we are going to have a winter I should try to enjoy it. For now I'll plan my shopping and cooking for a cozy day inside.

Last edited by CyndiM; 12-29-2012 at 06:54 AM.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I guess it's morning if you say so. It's still pitch black out without a glimmer of light right now, and it's supposed to be snowing. I suppose I could tell if I turn on the porch light.

I'm going to put some Fireside White Bean Soup in the crockpot, and make a pot of turkey stew for Jake, then spend the rest of the day curled up in my favorite spot on the sofa and treat myself to a lazy day of reading and dozing all day.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:06 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

Cyndi, I knew you'd catch me in writing 2011. Actually I am still not accustomed to writing 2012 on cheques. Guess I'd better go through the chequebooks and write in the year until I get used to it.

More coffee needed. Raising my mug at Cottage who introduced me to the joys of Keurig.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:37 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

work calls!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 12-29-2012, 07:44 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, ladies. Heading to bed, but I did manage to make it to the gym this morning. Getting back on track, come **** or high water!!!
Old 12-29-2012, 08:07 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 256/227/160

Height: 5'-6"

Good Morning! Up comparatively early and doing laundry. I had great plans at the start of this vacation to do a ton of cleaning, weeding out and getting rid of stuff; starting to get a little depressed at how much of that I didn't do, but ... I still have four days. I shouldn't feel too bad - it was at the expense of getting some new routines in place for when I start work again.

Cyndi, I wonder if that storm you're expecting is the same one we're about to get here in Rhode Island? When I went to bed last night, the forecast was uncertain; somewhere between 3 and 10 inches. Now they're saying 6 over the course of the day. I just saw that the storm is named "Freyr." Really? Freyr?

Ruth, I thought I was the only one who had problems writing the date as 2012! Still! I don't know what it is - the beginning and end with the number 2? I like your check book idea; I'm going to borrow that.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:26 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Hey ladies! Quick fly by - I didn't look (the hubbie is my weatherforecaster!) and there's another 4" of snow out there, so I just shoveled to get my van out and not pack it all down. I work 9-2 (I expect some cancellations), and since it's still snowing and looks like it will for awhile, I guess I have to shovel later too! I don't mind, it's great exercise and "light" snow.

And, if the roads aren't bad, I might be buying a keurig later!
Old 12-29-2012, 09:22 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning. Snow coming this way again too. I looked in the mirror yesterday and said to myself you look like crap (nice of me but true lol). Went to bed before 10 and slept until almost 9 with one middle of the night potty interruption. This years strain of the flu seems worse than previous years so I am trying to avoid getting it. My sisters have been sick for almost two weeks. So we postponed Christmas again.

So today I am going to undecorate (I know very early) and get my house back in shape for the new year. I need my spare bedroom this week to prep for work next week. I have to get my uniforms in order, polish my boots (how exciting), organize my patrol bag, check my equipment and get my girlie stuff in order file my locker lol. I haven't been on patrol in two years so I want to make certain everything I need is perfect considering my life may depend on it. This can't happen until the Christmas decorations and wrapping supplies get moved to the attic lol

Dropped three pounds of water weight since last week so I am at goal yippee. Going for 5 in January as I want to be where my ticker says I am. I am extremely hot today I lowered the heat to 68 yesterday. Not sure if this is an incredibly long hot flash or possible a fever. Dare I say I am "glowing" this might be another good way to shed some water weight lol

Tammy hope you get your Keurig today!!!
Old 12-29-2012, 10:55 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Goodmorning, triplestep, and I don't think I've properly D you yet! I believe this is the same storm that is covering the entire eastern coast, so a lot of us are getting it. So far we've only had some ho-hum snow pellets, although now it seems to be coming down with a bit more enthusiasm.

I know you're just going to LOVE your Keurig, Tammy, and wonder why it's taken you so long to get one, LOL! Seriously, if mine ever breaks, I'm rushing right out and replacing it pronto!

Debbie, Natasha, and Jennifer!

I made a quick run to Giant for a few things for Mom & Dad, and you couldn't even find a parking space! Jake ended up driving around the lot while I quickly dashed in, got what I needed, and luckily got through cashier line quickly. Everyone was wanting to get out and get their shopping done before the snow, LOL!
It does seem to be coming down steadily now and the ground is already covered, so I'm in for the rest of the day. I had Jake help me take down the exhaust fan in the bathroom and we gave it a good cleaning, then I took down and washed all the ceiling lights, so I AM being a teeny bit productive today. Now I can sit and relax with no guilt.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:04 PM   #11  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Hello everyone!

The bells just tolled noon, so good afternoon! We were supposed to have snow, but it's just rain. (I write that with apologies to all of the people who've been unhappily stuck in a blizzard for several days.) I'm down a pound! I hope to lose many more in 2013.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:51 PM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Well, the snow seems to have forgotten how to stop! We don't have as much as we got on Thursday but it's planning to keep going through the night. If my car gets snowed in, I can walk to Church tomorrow - the last service will be very sad but I must be there. The good news is that I had a perfectly valid excuse for skipping the Open House. The hostess tells me that several of the invitees turned back after setting out.

A good afternoon and evening to just cozy in with the furries, a pot of tea and a months supply of The New Yorker.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:08 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Bah, I wish we'd get snow!!! Maybe in January or February. They were predicting some light snowfall for New Years Day but that has since been changed to rain. That's the night my shift is having our annual shift party (this year it's at my house) and I'm hoping the weather will hold up so we can keep the party in the backyard w/ a nice fire going. I don't have a whole lot of room inside (not for 10 people, at least) but I've got a nice sized backyard. *fingers crossed*

Anyway, busy night at work, so off I go!!!
Old 12-29-2012, 10:02 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

We made it to Banner Elk, there is wifi in the condo so I will be able to stop by for a few times this week.

Some scary roads to get here since it was snowing but it is very beautiful and lots of snow so we shall have a good time skiing this week and the condo is nice and big with a fireplace that is on

Enjoy your weekend
Old 12-30-2012, 04:55 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Pearlrose glad you made it safely. Have a wonderful time!!

Good morning Natasha, you are not the only one working tonight lol. It is my last shift in communications. Back to patrol next week which I am really looking forward to. Even better my uniform pants are nice and baggy!!! I had to move the buckle on my gun belt in two notches Yeah baby!!

Productive day. All decorations packed away until next year. House clean (ok downstairs only) Laundry caught up. Cycling DVDs borrowed from John copied. Shoveled, twice! Had no choice because of work. Just a dusting covers the driveway.Hopefully the sun, if we get any today, will take care of it before I get home.

Tomorrow my car is getting two much needed tires and an oil change. Still need to get a few things from the grocery store for NYE dinner. We are having surf and turf with mashed cauliflower. I have never made lobster or cauliflower so this should be interesting. Joe gets lobster I'll have grilled shrimp with my filet.

Oh well 2 hours done 14 to go, what was I thinking. I should be home sleeping!!!

At least thanks to McD's Paul Newman started my day. Oh Ruth I still do not have a Keurig lol. I am still holding out.
Closed Thread