Old 12-28-2012, 07:43 PM   #1  

Default New Today!

I am new to Metabolic Weight Loss today. I went and and signed up to lose 90pounds. I pray that this works for me. I have a lapband but my dietary habits have caused my weight loss to come to a complete standstill. I started out at 310. I am now 232 and stalled out.

If anyone has helpful hints....I am open to your suggestions. I want to make this a success. I think the additional support of this forum will be helpful for me. Thanks in advance.
Mommy1558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:26 AM   #2  
Not giving up!

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

Height: 5'8"

Hey there and !

I'm not positive I know what a lapband is, but I know the protein drinks that you have to buy and use on the MRC program are the same gelatin based ones that other sites sell for people who are on very calorie restricted diets due to gastric bypass surgery for instance, so it should be a good fit for you.

The menu is very specific, which actually made it easier for me. Less to think about. I highly recommend taking advantage of the Connections classes your center should offer. Be prepared for lots of sales pitches at your weigh-ins. Decide ahead of time if you are comfortable taking all the herbal and vitamin supplements they will try to sell you. They are not all required.

Come on here as often as you like for questions or just to vent or get kudos. I suspect the forum will be picking up in pace with all the inevitable New Years resolutions for weight loss. Should be fun!
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 340/205/190ish

Height: 5'9"

Welcome and good luck to you! If you follow the plan...it will work.

My tip:
my center gives out those rubber braclets that represent your weight loss. Like a 10,20,50, etc....I wear a gold 100 and a white 10 as a constant reminder that I'm on plan. In three more pounds I will switch my white 10lb braclet with the green 20lb braclet...it works for me. Everytime I look at my braclets, I think about how far I've come and I don't want to cheat. I haven't cheated but I hear it can slow down your loss or stall it for a bit.
Keylani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 192.5/175/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keylani View Post
Welcome and good luck to you! If you follow the plan...it will work.

My tip:
my center gives out those rubber braclets that represent your weight loss. Like a 10,20,50, etc....I wear a gold 100 and a white 10 as a constant reminder that I'm on plan. In three more pounds I will switch my white 10lb braclet with the green 20lb braclet...it works for me. Everytime I look at my braclets, I think about how far I've come and I don't want to cheat. I haven't cheated but I hear it can slow down your loss or stall it for a bit.
What a great idea Keylani! My center gives out little tokens with the numbers painted on them for pounds lost - I think the bracelets are a much better idea since you can use them as a constant reminder. It obviously works for you - you weight loss is inspiring. You look fabulous!
faerychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:36 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8.5"

I'm not on MRC but noticed we started at almost the same weight and are now at almost the same weight!

I wish you all success.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:41 PM   #6  
Not giving up!

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

I like the bracelets too. Was so disappointed after getting a 10 and a 20 to find out they don't have them for each decade. I like to stack them up my arm when I'm doing my workouts or when I'm stuck around the house for the day.

I hate those tokens they give out and throw them in the garbage as soon as I get home. At my center the tokens are bags of flat marbles from the dollar store that they hand write a number on with a Sharpie and present to you as if it were so special. They call them diamonds. Are you kidding me? I'm embarrassed for them. Even my 10 year old when she saw my first one was like "Wow, they give really cheap prizes there."!

I really like having my measurements done. That's something I wouldn't have taken the time to do myself. They do it when you first start then two weeks later then every 30 days (approximately). It's fun seeing the inches add up!
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:07 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 340/205/190ish

Height: 5'9"

LOLOLOL Going4Fit I've never seen the tokens haha!!!! You're funny! I will think of you if they ever try to give me one though.

I use to stack my braclets too for the numbers I didn't have..I wear them everywhere I go. My daughter and I were talking today about my weight loss..in three more pounds I will have lost what she weighs hahaha
Keylani is offline   Reply With Quote