Old 12-28-2012, 09:26 PM   #202
merilung
dirty labour daughter

S/C/G: 299/299/145

Height: 5'10"

NAME: Ariel

BIRTHDAY: June 29th

MARITAL STATUS: Married

TOP WEIGHT: 280+ (lost over 100 pounds at age 15, but obviously gained a lot back eventually!)

CURRENT WEIGHT: 272.2

GOAL WEIGHT: 135

EYE COLOR: Green

HAIR COLOR: Brown, though I've had MANY colours in the past, I'm kind of over dying my hair for now. Interested in dreads after my hair grows out some more!

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: midwifery, adoption, herbalism, paleo/primal lifestyle, yoga, meditation, attachment parenting,role playing games, public health, feminism, anti-racism...on and on.

PETS: amazing rescue dog, Watson!

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Saint Louis, Missouri, USA

FAVORITE COLOR: I don't know that I have a strong favourite, but I tend to gravitate towards green and red.

FAVORITE FOODS: KALE! - also lamb, cashew butter, peppered bacon, blueberries, collard greens, kerrygold butter, creme fraiche and a ton of stuff I don't eat anymore like brioche, steel cut oats, creme brulee, etc.

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Yoga, hiking, walking the dog - still working on finding more activities I love! I had a love/hate relationship with crossfit, but I can't work it into my schedule/budget as easily as the other things. I'm very interested in being a runner but I'm never quite sure how to start!

FAVORITE BOOK(S): A Canticle for Leibowitz, Ender's Game, The House of Leaves

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Bladerunner (final cut only), The Wickerman (original 1973 film only, and NOT the American cut!), Melancholia, The Dreamers, The Proposition, The Five Obstructions, There Will Be Blood, My Neighbor Tortoro, any Werner Herzog documentary

FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): Mad Men, Rome, Penn & Teller's Bullshit, Father Ted, Batman the Animated Series, Wolverine and the X-men, Twin Peaks, The Twilight Zone

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Gil Scott Heron, Kurt Weill, Jethro Tull, The Decemberists, Django Reinhardt

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Staying on the wagon when life gets really difficult, and getting back on quickly when I fall off!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Husband and I are hoping to apply to adopt at the end of 2013 or beginning of 2014, so I really want to work out my problems with my weight to free myself up to be the best, least inhibited mother and wife I can be.

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: exercise, paleo whole foods diet - keeping a food journal and anything else that I figure out helps me along the way!

RELIGION: Atheist, on the anti-theist side of things, though I appreciate the importance of mythology and ritual and both my husband and I have meditational/devotional altars (his is to the Norse pantheon, mine is to the Virgin Mary)

POLITICS: anarcho-communist

PIERCINGS: only ears at the moment, but I've had nose, labret, and septum in the past.

TATTOOS: Chronicles of Narnia tattoo on left upper arm, Eve tattoo on lower right arm, House of Leaves tattoo on upper back, cameo tattoo on lower left leg

merilung is offline   Reply With Quote