Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 05:18 PM   #1  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Default Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 8

Welcome to the Vol. 7 home of Fabulous at Fifty + !!
started by DanafromAustin

This is the place to share our thoughts, ideas, challenges, frustrations, and most importantly our joy of being 50+
LOVIN' LIFE and on IP. Welcome everyone!

Old 12-26-2012, 05:19 PM   #2  
Feed Your Freedom

yikes the other thread is over 500 posts...so it was time for a new one
Old 12-26-2012, 05:20 PM   #3  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post

Molly: Your Santa cookies are adorable. No baking at my house this year but I certainly admire anyone who can face it (and all the subsequent baked goods in the house) on this plan. I just don't want to tempt it...(and I never made a cookie that adorable, either!)
i am with you lisa.....i think of molly and scorbett and all that baking and i think i am a WHIMP b/c i don't think i have that much willpower to bake it in the house. its hard enough to resist when around others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
OMG - I laughed right out loud!

Hello! The storm kicked our butts here in northern MI. We've been without power since Thursday evening, and yesterday we lost cell phone service as well. (No land line for us.) So the generator has been turned on periodically to keep the fridge going and turn the blower on the heater once in a while. I did make it to work yesterday (2 hours late), and no internet service here then either. Anyway, we're doing OK, and I'll check back in later!
yikes!!!! glad we went to vermont and not northern michigan. sorry you are having to deal with that but it sure soulds like you are uber prepared!!! so impressed!! hope your holidays were fab!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
WI this morning. Lost 1.8. I didn't expect that as I was short on water this week and my meats were a bit more fatty than usual. I'll take it.

On our way to the Christmas party. Beautiful, but chilly day here.

Molly
MOLLY!!!!! what a great loss this week!!! you are truly a steady ip'er and one that just sets such amazing examples to follow!! hope you had a grand time at your party!!!!!!!!! we are having a blast!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Hi All!

It's a SNOWY DAY here in Syracuse!! I just took a walk to the entrance of the woods. Everything is blanketed in soft white powder! Beautiful!

I'm having a great time visiting my daughter, SIL, 4 yr old granddaughter and 2 week old Elijah!

Merry Christmas to all!

I'm doing this dance too!!!!
hope you had a merry christmas too!!!!!!!!

so thrilled you have enjoying time with your family for the holidays!!! keep snow dancing!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post

Well I'm just waiting on DH to get ready for Xmas party, talk to you all later and let you know what I win for the door drawing, I always win a prize every party even though I've only been to one so far ha!
hope you have a blast at your party and win a great prize!!!!

Quote:
Thanks Molly. You might check out the Mackinac Bridge webcam too. And the Snowman cam in Gaylord. I know those aren't your areas, but they can get interesting.

Congrats on the nearly 2 lbs gone forever! That's great

Still no power - 48 hours and counting. At least my phone is working most of the time now. Just made a Big Mac in a bowl for dinner (had burger already cooked and in the freezer). Need to go turn the generator off, but that will leave me in the dark again and oh so bored. VIP left this morning for IN to work for the weekend. Oh, and to top it all off, I slipped and fell at work this morning, sprained my knee. Grrrrr - when it rains, it pours. Or when it snows, it blizzards in this case!

Have a good night all...
ooooo so very sorry to hear about your knee. gosh you have had a rough week too it seems!! things will get better!!!! soon i hope!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I'm hanging around the house this weekend with this nasty cold. I don't want to share.
My chicken soup is gone (I weighed the meat...1 lb so it was 2 servings...Thurs & Fri dinners)
I'm still pushing the fluids & sometimes I'm hot & sometimes I'm cold.
Yuck

See why I'm a snow Scrooge? Snow & ice is just problematic!
i need some of your chicken soup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mrs scrooge!!!! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaNurse View Post
Back at ya but keep the snow up there!!
i hear ya!!! more snow coming in tonight...might have to stay an extra day or 2....drats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
You can always keep your buns warm by the fire!
yes yes yes good idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Hi everyone, well were already back from our Xmas party and its only 930 guess we are just not the party animals I remember? Anyway it was very nice stayed op only about 2 Tlbs spoons of gravy on the turkey other than no problems, danced about 4 xs, didn't win a door prize, but left with my prize DH.

Rainbow be careful out there and hope your having a blast.

Oh yea I got a new to me car yesterday, a kia sorento, love it! It's been a long month sharing a vehicle w my son and DH since my wreck. So remember to drive safe and watch out I'm back on the road! Ha!
awwww sorry you didn't win a prize!!!! DH won his prize in YOU!!! yes we are having a blast....not enough snow for some things though, no snowmobile and dog sledding was cancelled due to family emergency....but we did get to do the sleigh ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonS View Post
Rainbow, maybe you packed your undies and your DH took them OUT of the suitcase! ; ) That is HIS Christmas present, LOL!

Glad you are having a great time and got there safely! I had, shall we say, an "interesting" drive, but am now here and enjoying the holiday! So far no problems staying on program, even though I was dismayed at the amount of stuff I had to pack to bring along. I even made some cookies for my dad, didn't even lick my fingers.

Hope everyone is having a healthy and happy holiday!
alison....dh said HE LOVES THE WAY YOU THINK!!! and not licking your fingers while making cookies, oh i am totally in awe gf!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
Just catching up a bit and stopping by to say hi! I'm glad that those of you who love snow are getting it, and I hope it disappears soon for those of you who don't! I'm one of those in the latter group and am thankfully sitting on a patio, looking out at the ocean under a bright blue sky with soft Caribbean breezes swaying the palm trees.

My DH thought I was nuts, but the first thing I did yesterday when we landed was head to the island warehouse store (it's just like a Costco - they even have Kirkland products) to pick up a scale. It's the same Weight Watchers digital scale I have at home so I won't miss a beat in monitoring things for the next couple of weeks. (Yes, I'm one of those daily weighers ... just can't kick the habit.)

Stay safe, everyone!! (And Rainbow, funny true story: My grandmother used to travel all around the world. She proudly told every one all of her tips for how she was able to keep her packing to a minimum. One thing she always told everyone was that she only traveled with one set of undies and washed them in the sink every night. )
i am truly enjoying the cold and snow and fresh fresh mountain air!!!! but....i miss my scale. i am feeling so naughty and i just know i will have weeks of make up exams for flunking this semester of ip....but c'est la vie!!
yeah, um...too funny!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Hey All! I've missed you. I went to see my folks, had a nice visit there. Got lots of "WOW" comments every time I saw a family member or relative. So I guess the weight loss shows :-) I got some strange questions - "are you going all the way with this diet?" I'm not sure were that question was coming from.... maybe they are just starting to believe this will work for me? I've had the comment in that general wording from a couple people now.

I picked up some smaller size clothing from my sister's donation stash (long story but she had gone thru her items and had a lot to clear from her wardrobe). LOL she gave the donations for my mom to take to the donation place, and my mother stored them - long before I started IP. It's like my own private stash of smaller clothing - though I think I've brought home the smallest sizes now. After these I'll be buying clothing. I have pants to last me into size thru size 16 now, and tops down thru ladies size XL. I was wearing size 18 or larger in high school, so it will feel good to fit into them - even if vanity sizing occurred in between high school and now.

DH and I are going out to see a movie this morning. Not sure if it's going to be the James Bond movie or The Hobbit. I haven't been to a theater in years. Last time I remember the seats not fitting me well at all. Then we are going to buy Christmas dinner makings: rib roast (may be a bit higher in fat but we're not getting "prime" so I'm going to be just enjoying me some of that - and not worrying), asparagus, salad, and some carby stuff for the guys. Celery and pickles for snacking. Hmmm I like those pickled peppers too, I may have to get some of those.

I've gotten back to my knitting. I had stopped for a few years, only toying with it now and again. Anyway I've finished a hat, a shawl, and I've started a cardigan called "Tea Leaves". I found all the yarn for these in my stash, so it feels very good to be using up some of that. https://www.google.com/search?q=tea+...w=1366&bih=612 If you have Ravelry access you can see the photos of it. I am modifying it though, to add buttons all the way down, and to make the neck opening a bit smaller for me. I am also knitting the pattern 4 inches smaller than I currently wear right now - as I want it to be something I can wear for a while when I'm done. I have a few friends also knitting the same sweater starting last week, so it's a "knit along".... I suppose when we think about it, all of us are on a "weight loss along"

Rainbow you made me laugh... I know it was supposed to be a romantic trip, but wow, you go all out girlfriend! Go Rainbow!
it was not intended!! hahahaha but so glad i could be the "butt" of the jokes! and make you laugh!!! hahaha

couldn't see the pictures but i'm sure its gorgeous!!

"are you going all the way with this diet?" SERIOUSLY!!! i don't get some peoples questions!! haha one of my favorites so far was my mom ragging me about not being able to eat carrots.

so glad you are getting more new clothes to you!!!! so proud of you and how wonderful you have done. i love my gray sweater!!!!!

so did you go see the hobbit? i wanted to treat nigel to the hobbit for christmas day but the movies were too far away from our wilderness locale!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Halfagain,

I am a fairly "new " knitter, just the last couple of years. I love that sweater, I have been making fingerless gloves in several patterns for nieces and my daughter. Keep knitting, it keeps your hands busy in the evening when I used to snack. lol.
do you make those fingerless gloves to sell???? i love fingerless gloves, they help my arthritis!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Merry Christmas Eve Day to everyone!

Glad to report that I'm finally feeling much more like myself. That bug really hangs on... and on..... I'm so thankful that it's pretty much gone, so that I won't be coughing or nose-blowing continuously at our family get together on the 28th. There's a 1yr old grandniece who will be there, and I'd so hate to pass a bug on to her.

Things are going well in P3. I'm a little sad to see that I've gained a couple of pounds back, but they do warn us to expect it so it wasn't a surprise. I've also definitely noticed, now that I'm on my 10th day of P3 and no longer in ketosis, that cravings are more noticeable. So far so good. I'm enjoying my first fun day on the 28th (in moderation). In fact, it's been so long since I've eaten anything with much sugar in it, that I'm a bit concerned re how my body will adapt to a sugary dessert. For sure, I'll be just indulging in a small portion.

Happy Holidays to everyone. I wish everyone a safe and merry Christmas.
hi evepet....i am pretty sure i am out of ketosis this week. i was not ip compliant and now my cravings are up and i pray i can get right back on track when get home.

Quote:

Unfortunately, my cravings came back too, once I got out of ketosis. Really having trouble not giving in to them. After New Years Day I think I'm going to do a solid week of P1 to get back on track. Beginning maintenance just before Christmas is kicking my butt. Should have just stayed on P1 until after the holidays - would have been a lot easier :/

Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas! Enjoy the time with your families.
this is not good news!! lets hope the new year gets all of us off track back on track!!!!

Quote:
Merry x mass all you fab 50 chicks, you are all so wonderful and I want to thank all of you for sharing our new way of life journey, it's so nice to all be doing this together!
merry christmas beautiful this is a great group of ladies and i can't wait for the new year to come and all of us meeting out goals!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 12-29-2012 at 03:04 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:21 PM   #4  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
H A P P Y H O L I D A Y S 50+ers

Have a great holiday season.

I am, also, like yesmyqueen, so thankful for all of you. This is the best family. Since we can't be together physically, we can be together in spirit.

Love,
Molly
i love u molly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
You look so excited. Now for a moose. Maybe you'll see one. So happy for you. Hope Santa comes and treats you.

Up really late. DH and I had just gone to bed to discover the cat had chased the water slosh sound in the waterbed and punctured 5 holes. Had to get up and patch them and then unload the guest room bed to have somewhere to sleep, but now we're wide awake. Sure glad it's a holiday tomorrow so no critical timing.

Happy holidays, all.
Molly

omg....can't wait to have time to tell you all about the trip!!! NO moose....alas....a run in with border patrol and a blue light!! hahaha narcotics anyone??? no snowmobile, no dog sled!!! egads!!! but we are still having a fabulous time!!!!!!!!! I LOVE VERMONT!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Just popping in to wish all of you a Very Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU DANA!!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Merry Christmas to all of you FABULOUS ladies!

Our big family event was yesterday. I think I have a food hangover. Cheat days on maintenance may be overrated!
hi lizzy!!!!!!!!!!!!! from vermont!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebRover View Post
Delurking to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and thank everyone for all of your postings that helped me to decide "to IP".
delurking!! thats a funny term....love it!! welcome!!!

Quote:
[COLOR="DarkGreen"]

Susan - what are the goggles for??? Glad to see the snow found you and hope you found some moose!
they were for the dog sledding that got cancelled!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Rainbow, you look so beautiful! I'm proud of your weight loss!

Question (as I reboot): Is there an easy way to get a downloadable version of your recipes?

Any help, from anyone,m is much appreciated!
Chloe
aww thank you Chloe!!! so glad molly gave you the links...i am on holiday in vermont so have not had much computer time.

Quote:
Hi Chloe,

I have actually put all of Rainbow's recipes into 2 PDF "books." One is her original (mostly IP products and then a few alternatives). After she got nasty emails about including alternatives, though she put disclaimers into each recipe, she closed that thread and I ended the book. She has since opened an alternative recipe thread and I started a new book for that thread. I have them out on Google Docs so using the links, which never change, will always take you to the updated version. Being PDF, you can download and print what you want.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwW...TY2TXA5b2VNMGc
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwW...URKU1JkMkdIMFk

Enjoy,
Molly
THANK YOU LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath View Post
Hi Friends!!!!
I have been away, but I am back! Things got a little busy once school got into full swing. I want you all to know that I will forever be in your debt for getting me through all of the phases and in to a very comfortable MAINTENANCE!!!!!! I have been maintaining with ease, since the end of October. I will spend time later today checking you all out!!! I can't wait to read up on the latest. I pray that you all have been well. I am heading out to get some groceries as the weather is supposed to get nasty. (I need veges and water after my "fun" days of Christmas. Hugs-Julie
I will also try to get a most recent pic up here as well!
WELCOME BACK PRETTY LADY!!! i waved to you when i came through hartford and will do so again on the return trip home!! loving vermont!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 12-29-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:21 PM   #5  
Feed Your Freedom

whew...sorry if i missed someone!!!

MUCH LOVE TO YOU ALL!! having a grand time....had some snow, not enough for the snowmobile trip....and the dog sled trip got canceled TWICE!!! we did get to do the sleigh ride with the belgian horses....loads of fun!!...over the river and through the woods...

MORE SNOW coming tonight....extending trip MAYBE...as we were due to go home in the am. we shall see.

got stopped by canadian border patrol today and blue lighted!!! we slowed down and pulled to the side of the road for a photo of the welcome to vermont sign, up in NORTON VT...and then out of the blue, here comes the border patrol and his blue light special....kept us roadside over 15 mins...suspected narcotics runners!! AS IF!!!!!!!!!!!! can u imagine that!!!!!!!!!!! seriously!!! i was cracking up and about to start video taping and nigel was getting irate and i said, ok, officer, either you have to charge us with something or let us go, you can't just hold us captive on the side if the road without warrant, i am a US CITIZEN!!! so then he comes back again and says, have a good day and happy new year!! HAHAHAHAHhahahahahah SHEEEESH!!!!

oh yeah....the water here at this amazing establishment is CONTAMINATED and we have to boil all our water for use and can only drink bottled water!! egads!!! what a vacation!! oh and the boot on the jeep liberty is frozen shut every day!!! its been a crazy crazy holiday!!

BUT I STILL LOVE VERMONT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 12-26-2012 at 07:52 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:00 PM   #6  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Thanks, Rainbow, for the new thread.

Glad to hear things are going okay even with the disappointments. Be careful with the storm coming your way. We had lots of rain and it's in the 30s now. Actually saw some snow flurries on our way into town.

Back to work tomorrow for my final two days. It's getting more and more scary, but I'm not going to back out.

Molly

P.S. Julie, good to hear from you.

Last edited by WingnutandMe; 12-26-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:08 PM   #7  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Dang today is horrible craving wise. I am sure it's stress, but probably the old "reward me for being so good on Christmas - and with all the carb stuff still laying around the house" feelings. I could (if I gave in -which I won't) eat 4 restricted bars.... I'm tempted to pass up meat tonight and have a hot chocolate and a chocolate cake packet instead.. AND my restricted for my snack. Knitting group got cancelled tonight, maybe I better get that next book I was wanting on the Kindle.

Nope, we didn't make it to the Hobbit. It's not my DH's kind of movie. We really didn't see anything that we felt we couldn't wait for as a rental. So we ended up just going shopping for groceries and a sweat shirt for my exercise start up with the new year.

Last edited by Halfagain; 12-26-2012 at 06:12 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:34 PM   #8  

RAINBOW - glad you had such a wonderful Vermont vacation...at lest we now know the drug route to Canada!! My vacation has been interesting and I AM now seeing signs of healing....Today is my first day without prescription drugs!!! ok, I'll use them at bedtime but not before then.
So sorry for yall who took off from IP over vacation or got the cravings again...because of all the meds etc Ive had the opposite issue - metal mouth, sticky mouth and no appetite. hopefully some appetite will resurface now that I'm off pain killers
Old 12-26-2012, 06:51 PM   #9  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

S/C/G: 250/119/124

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday! I had a nice time visiting my family and was glad I had a little longer to be there this year! The drive home today was horrible, but I made it safely, so no complaints!

I'm having a "hungry" day, but am consoling myself with the thought of making tomorrow a tomato day!

I baked one thing over the holiday, some cookies for my dad for his birthday. I didn't eat any, but honestly, they did not appeal to me anyway. He likes cherry so I used a cherry chip cake mix and made cake mix cookies. He and my mom scarfed them down, though!
Old 12-26-2012, 07:17 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Rainbow,
I love reading your posts! Thanks for all of your enthusiasm, it comes through and is motivating!

Old 12-26-2012, 09:14 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Hi everyone, I here some of you on having the hungaries, WI tommrow, beefed up the water today to help even out the illegal tastes and licks from the last two days, hoping to at least stay the same as last week, we shall see.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:44 PM   #12  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Hi everyone, I here some of you on having the hungaries, WI tommrow, beefed up the water today to help even out the illegal tastes and licks from the last two days, hoping to at least stay the same as last week, we shall see.
LOVE your new avatar photo!!!! you are so beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-26-2012, 09:53 PM   #13  
Feed Your Freedom

sending you all some
SNOW LOVE FROM VERMONT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-27-2012, 08:09 AM   #14  
IPA

S/C/G: 255.4/251.2/180

Height: 5'5"

Morning everyone! Snow flurries in Chicago yesterday, gone today though. It wasn't a White Christmas. The snow can now stay away until next year at this time.

Taking the train downtown with my daughter to see the Nutcracker with the Joffrey Ballet this afternoon, should be a lot of fun.

Baking this year, I made 12 doz choc.chip cookies, 2 double batches of fudge, 10 doz brownie/mint cookies and 6 doz shortbread....came away with only eating 1 shortbread cookie. Last year I would have made myself sick from raw cookie dough. I haven't been drinking as much water this week so we shall see what tomorrow brings with WI. Heading to CA to go back with my daughter on Saturday for the New Year and to clean out her apt of "JUNK" while she's at work. Nothing like a good Mom cleaning. Taking the laptop so I'll be checking in. Have a great week, stay safe and warm.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:02 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Hello all, I just got home from WI and I'm so happy I had a 1.6 loss, couldn't wait to hop on here and tell you all!
Closed Thread