South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 02:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default SBD Christmas Chat Tuesday December 25

HO HO HO Merry Christmas!! Hopefully the chicks are all tucked in dreaming of mmmmmm coffee lol

So far this is turning out to be a white Christmas for my area. May everyone be surrounded by those they love. If your loved ones can't be with you today I'm sure they miss you as much as you miss them.

Uneventful night thus far at work which is always appreciated. Counting down the hours until I can go home to my comfy bed. DS and I enjoyed our few days together. On Saturday we will celebrate Christmas with my sisters.

Even if you don't celebrate Christmas, I hope today is just as special for you too. I think we all can agree, with the tragedies we have seen lately (including another on Christmas Eve) we cannot take even the littlest things for granted. Life is too precious and so are those we share our lives with.
Old 12-25-2012, 03:12 AM   #2  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi all!

While I have no little ones (but like kids, we opened gifts at midnight), I am up at 3a watching A Christmas Story for the bajillionth time. Things these days are bleak work-wise but I am enjoying the holiday and getting with the Christmas spirit. We will have lunch/dinner out and then I need to plan for dinner - probably just snacks (ph 1 approved).

Jennifer - couldn't agree more. Happy holidays. I hope it's not too white out there for you!
Old 12-25-2012, 04:57 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks, Jennifer, for getting us started this morning with a very heartfelt message. I hope you are home and snuggly before long.

Jenn, I don't think I have ever watched The Christmas Story...perhaps someday.

Best wishes today, and always, to my wonderful friends here at the beach. Your loving support is the foundation of my lifestyle change which gives me personal strength and physical energy to take the ups and downs in my life one day at a time.

It is snowing quite heavily right now and all is quiet except for the snowplows in the distance as they cruise up and down I-70. My mom will come over for brunch and gifting at 9 then we'll have a simple day filled with naps (I hope).

Old 12-25-2012, 06:56 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning and Merry Christmas to those who celebrate I am off to NY for dinner with the folks, so up early even without kiddos around. DD is spending the day with friends, all in the medical field, because they all had to work yesterday and tomorrow so no travel time and my DB is back in VA until he finds a job up here, so a quiet day.

Jennifer - We have a tiny dusting of snow on the ground, just enough to be pretty. I'm sure there will be lots more as we drive through NY.

Jenn- Happy dreams Hope you and your wife have a perfect day together.

Debbie - Enjoy those naps. Don't think I mention enough just how much I enjoy seeing your name and hearing from you every morning. Hugs to you and DH

I'm with Jennifer, this year has been filled with reminders of just how precious each day is. Don't sweat the little stuff, gifts, food, weather are all just the details. Make the most of the time with the people who really matter. to my Beachy family
Old 12-25-2012, 06:57 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, ladies...Merry Christmas!!! It's been a while since I've checked in. I stayed busy ALL WEEKEND doing Christmas shopping, getting ready for our get-together on Sunday, and then entertaining on Sunday. It was a great weekend, though, even though it went by far too fast. AND I got an AWESOME pair of pumps from my bestfriend. I may break my neck trying to wear them out...but man are they gorgeous and just my style (I should emphasize that b/c some of you will probably find them hideous, LOL). Ready???

Please ignore the track pants...I wasn't about to change just to have something cute on w/ them for the photo, LOL

Anyway, worked last night and will be working again tonight. I'm pretty much used to it after 12 years in public safety, though. I'm sure jekel can relate. I have to say, though, I know everyone is reeling still from Sandy Hook, but the 2 firefighters that were ambushed and killed in NYC has hit me much harder than Sandy Hook did. That one hit too close to home. I just can't imagine. *smh*

Enough depressing stuff. I hope everyone has a lovely day spent w/ their family (or work family, as the case may be).
Old 12-25-2012, 06:58 AM   #6  

Oh, and also ignore my swollen feet. They don't swell like they used to, but man do they still let me know it when I'm on them for far too long, LOL
Old 12-25-2012, 08:01 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Those are awesome shoes!

What happened to my living room!?!? LOL...most of the wrapping paper is cleaned up, and the kids are busily putting together their new lego sets. I am a proud owner of a smoker, time to get the chicken out...YUMMMMM!!!

Have a Merry Christmas y'all!! (the diet starts...tomorrow??!)

Last edited by TwynnB; 12-25-2012 at 08:02 AM.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:09 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Darlings. Anybody want some champagne? I have tons of leftovers and sure wish I had some OJ to make mimosas. We had a lovely Church service last night and my house was bulging with people by 9 P.M. The last person left at 2 and there were two very tired dogs by then. My kitchen is still a horrorshow and I have lots of food to pitch but it was a fun night.

I have presents to open before I tackle the kitchen and some shovelling to do before I go over to Cowley's later. We have a winter wonderland out there - just the way it should be at Christmas.

May your day be merry and bright!
Old 12-25-2012, 08:33 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Merry, merry!

We are heading over to MIL's for lunch with a few random in-laws joining us. We are doing carry-out Chinese and I am going to order something "least unhealthy" just for me! I've been fighting a cold since Monday, which is fortunately not too horrible, but just enough to make me wish I could stay home not have to socialize. Bah humbug. Sigh.

We just have a few gifts under the tree - two for DS2 and two from DS2. We did all our stocking stuffers last week over skype with DS1. DH and I once again decided not to buy other gifts for each other since we have a big trip coming up this year.

Have a wonderful day, whatever holiday you celebrate.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:58 AM   #10  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Merry Christmas! I'll echo Karen: Have a wonderful day, whatever holiday you celebrate.

It's a bright, sunshiney day here. I envy you with snow, but I have friends in England who woke up to another very serious flood warning. So for the sunshine and dry ground, as well as a dozen other creature-comfort things, I feel very lucky, and hope you all do as well.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:30 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Merry Christmas, Xan! Merry Christmas, SBDers! I have lost 10lbs, on Phase 1. U am adding, back, one fruit for a week. I will weigh, on 1/1/2013, to see how the tangerine/orange, affected my weight loss!

Last edited by BellaLucia; 12-25-2012 at 01:19 PM.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:42 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Just woke up from my long winter's nap lol. Natasha, I LOVE LOVE your new pumps!!! I don't think I could even stand up in them, but man are they hot!!

Bella great job!!! I hope you are proud of yourself especially starting this time of year. Amazing!!

Yes Tammy tomorrow we start, again lol

Enjoy chicks hugs to all
Old 12-25-2012, 08:38 PM   #13  

Ruth - Champagne sounds GREAT!!! I had a Venetian Sunset when I got home from work this morning. For those of you that have never had one, it's half pineapple juice, half Asti Spumante, and a shot of grenadine. Delicious!!!

I feel absolutely frigging disgusting b/c of all this holiday eating. Every year I say "remember how crappy you felt LAST year??? Don't do it again!!!" and every year I don't listen to myself. I feel bloated and gross (this could have to do w/ TOM as well, though). So yeah, starting first thing tomorrow it's back to Phase I. I foresee a week of mostly salads and chicken, LOL

Xan - I don't believe I've had the pleasure of meeting you before. Welcome back!!!

jekel - Thanks!!! I got one on and decided I needed to sit down before attempting to put the 2nd one on. I can actually walk pretty well in them. I want to wear them out on the 5th when we celebrate my bestfriend's birthday, but I'm going to have to take a change of shoes w/ me, LOL I think they'll look super cute w/ jeans.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:26 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Natasha, I'm with you....feeling gross! Even though I didn't eat nearly as poorly as my "previous life", I really need to change back the eating habits. I haven't planned for phase I, but I am pretty good at winging it after all these years.

Hmmm, we'll see how ambitious I am in the AM!!
Closed Thread