Old 11-29-2012, 03:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 340/205/190ish

Height: 5'9"

Default New to 3 fat chicks...doing MRC

Hi everyone,

I'm new to 3 fat chicks. Looks like a nice site. I've tried all types of programs over many years. On June 1, 2012 I started MRC. My life is changing daily. I love this program and here to say that it works for me!! I suffered severe migraines until the day I started MRC. I haven't had a headache or migraine at all. The center I go to is tickled pink with my progress. They say I'm their biggest loser in such a short time frame. I always tell them...it's easy, I just follow the program and the weight falls off. I will hopefully be starting a maintaince program soon.

Thanks for all the great reads in this forum....hope to chat with you all often. Good luck to everyone trying to be a healthier person!!!

Last edited by Keylani; 11-29-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Keylani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 205/194.6/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keylani View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm new to 3 fat chicks. Looks like a nice site. I've tried all types of programs over many years. On June 1, 2012 I started MRC. My life is changing daily. I love this program and here to say that it works for me!! I suffered severe migraines until the day I started MRC. I haven't had a headache or migraine at all. The center I go to is tickled pink with my progress. They say I'm their biggest loser in such a short time frame. I always tell them...it's easy, I just follow the program and the weight falls off. I will hopefully be starting a maintaince program soon.

Thanks for all the great reads in this forum....hope to chat with you all often. Good luck to everyone trying to be a healthier person!!!
How much weight have you lost? Congratulations and thanks for the encouragement - I just started MRC this month!
msalice72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:12 AM   #3  

I started June 1, 2012 at 337.2lbs. Today's weight is 230.4lbs. I've lost 106.8lbs so far. My next weigh-in will be Dec 7, 2012. I've lost a total of 52 inches from neck to ankles.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 185.5/175/142

Height: 5'6

Keylani,

Wow.. you are an inspiration!
cmarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 189.5 / 145.5 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

That's wonderful keylani! MRC is a great program. I just wish it wasn't so expensive. I certainly don't regret it, but wish it was more affordable.

Keep up the good work!
rwquilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:57 PM   #6  

Thank you very much!! I weighed in today and I'm down another 2.6lbs...so my total is 109.4lbs...yippie skippy!!!!

Lately I'm noticing extra hair loss. I have hypothyroidism already and that's one of the side effects...but I think the lack of fat is making it a little worse. I spoke to the center today. She said it could be the low fat but I'm close to my goal and it should get better on maintenance. I also take MSM and biotin...any helpful advice would be appreciated. Thank goodness I have thick hair to begin with.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:08 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 180/140/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Thank you very much!! I weighed in today and I'm down another 2.6lbs...so my total is 109.4lbs...yippie skippy!!!!

Lately I'm noticing extra hair loss. I have hypothyroidism already and that's one of the side effects...but I think the lack of fat is making it a little worse. I spoke to the center today. She said it could be the low fat but I'm close to my goal and it should get better on maintenance. I also take MSM and biotin...any helpful advice would be appreciated. Thank goodness I have thick hair to begin with.
Hi Keylani! My doctor recommended Vitamin E oil while on MRC. Not sure if it will help hair loss or not. However, a couple of years ago I was on beta-blockers (for migraines) and my hair fell out all the time. Handfuls in the shower. I just thought that was normal, until I went off the beta-blockers and it stopped. I had the same thing with Topamax (for migraines). I'm not taking any migraine prophylaxis now, and no hair loss. Thought I'd throw this out there, just in case it is relevant for you.

You are doing great! Keep up the good work!
JanitaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:30 PM   #8  

Every fall or early winter I have a lot of hair loss. I think it is my normal "shedding" time! I did it again this year, it lasted a few weeks, and now back to normal. I don't think it had anything to do with my weight loss, but never know.
JodiH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:17 AM   #9  

Thanks Jodi I usually shed hair too...this just seemed excessive and makes me nervous. I'm glad I have a ton of hair lol!!
Old 12-23-2012, 01:10 AM   #10  

Hi all,

I hope you can help.

I started meta-slim 3 weeks ago. Under 200 pound menu. The first week I lost 6 pounds, but suffered from low blood sugars, extreme hunger, and constant tiredness.

These last 2 weeks I have only lost 2 pounds a week. I am still exhausted and HUNGRY all of the time. I explained that I workout...a lot...45 minutes of cardio 3 times a week and lift heavy weights (30-40 pounds ) 3 times a week. I really think I should be on the meta balance menu. Nobody seems to think so.

What do you all think? Is anyone on the Meta-balance plan and having any luck with it? I really appreciate and advice. Thank you.
Tired of being tired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:28 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 192.5/175/160

Height: 5'8"

I did the metabalance plan. I was hungry all the time on metaslim and getting migraines. Metabalance helped with the hunger (which helped with the migraines) I was told to expect a slower loss - 2 pounds per week (but I wasn't losing much on metaslim either and starving) It took me a long time to lose 30 pounds and I tried all the pills and creams they suggested.

With all the exercise you are doing I would think that your counselor would put you on metabalance. I was only doing a 30 minute boot camp class 3 times a week and walking.
faerychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:32 PM   #12  

[QUOTE=Keylani;4550646]Thank you very much!! I weighed in today and I'm down another 2.6lbs...so my total is 109.4lbs...yippie skippy!!!!

QUOTE]

Somehow I missed this thread (I follow all of them via "new posts") and just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS! 109.4lbs (and probably more by now) is absolutely amazing!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:21 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by faerychic View Post
I did the metabalance plan. I was hungry all the time on metaslim and getting migraines. Metabalance helped with the hunger (which helped with the migraines) I was told to expect a slower loss - 2 pounds per week (but I wasn't losing much on metaslim either and starving) It took me a long time to lose 30 pounds and I tried all the pills and creams they suggested.

With all the exercise you are doing I would think that your counselor would put you on metabalance. I was only doing a 30 minute boot camp class 3 times a week and walking.
Thank you so much for your reply. I am ALWAYS hungry. On weight lifting days I wonder if I'm going to starve to death, lol. The lady I speak with suggests that I don't exercise as much. I don't want to just be thin I want to be healthy and strong, too. I am lucky if I lose 2 pounds a week on Slim. I would really like to try Balance, but because since I haven't plateaued yet the coach doesn't want to switch me. Can anyone tell me the difference between the balance and slim menus?

Thanks again.
Tired of being tired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:13 PM   #14  

[QUOTE=elvislover324;4563439]
Quote:

QUOTE]

Somehow I missed this thread (I follow all of them via "new posts") and just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS! 109.4lbs (and probably more by now) is absolutely amazing!!
Thank you very much!! Yes, it's more now....I'm down 114lbs...new measurements are 61.5 inches lost from neck to ankle...hip hip hooray!!! I posted my pictures on another thread.