Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 12-01-2012, 10:49 AM   #1  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

Default December Binge Free Challenge!

Here we go! It's a re month and a new chane to get it right! Lets see how many of us can get through December with no (or minimal) binges!
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:50 AM   #2  
Jessica

Starting today feeling pretty great and pretty capable of setting some new binge-free records for myself! hope everyone has a great and in control holiday season!
Old 12-01-2012, 11:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 138/136/110s

I'm no longer worried about bingeing this month, but my goal is to have a little restraint at meals and be eating-until-uncomfortably-full-free! ..except once a week on my indulgence day (;
mottainai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:24 PM   #4  

Height: 5'1

So I gave in and binged during the week, first time since August! Determined to get back on track and make it even longer than 3 months. BUT, one day at a time
Dreamer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

17 1/2 hours in and doing ok. Just started outpatient treatment for binge eating disorder this week, and they make you focus on eating regularly to break the binge cycle and not on weight loss, so I'm really uncomfortable with eating more calories. They make lunch for you on Saturdays and it was a lot more food, especially carbs, than I would normally eat. I have gone nearly six days without binging and hope that this program will help me and that I can at least maintain my current weight...
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:43 PM   #6  

I would love to join you guys. I just googled binge free and found this thread, so I signed up. My personal goal is to be binge free in December. Overeating is alright (to a certain extend), but no binges. I am suffering of BED for a long time now and hope that one day I can stop bingeing and also overeating. But one step at a time.

I am still trying to lose weight as well, which is hard. Dieting and bingeing seems to be connected for me.

Today was day one, I ate 3 meals and 2 snacks. The snacks were more than planned and I ate more than I needed, but it was hard to stop. I am happy though. Did not drive to the store and pick up junk food and sticked to my plan.

How did you guys do?
Freebie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:34 PM   #7  

S/C/G: HW:280 CW:? GW:150

Height: 5 foot 5

I am up for this! This will be month 3 if I make it through, which is the longest I can ever remember going so to everyone here....

A for encouragement
And a for when we make it through the month!
tubolard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:42 PM   #8  

Tubolard wow congratulations. How did u get so far? Any certain things u did?
Freebie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:08 AM   #9  
Jessica

Tubolard- great to see you still doing so well! It's very encouraging!

Freebie- welcome! I'm glad you found this site! the support here is so incredible- I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Kittykatfan- keep us piste on how treatment goes. I've been considering it for a while but am always too afraid. I don't know how it all works but I am betting that if you trust the process and follow your program you'll do just fine- good lck and keep us posted!

Mottainai- SO impressed by you every day... Thanks for still checking in

I felt really good today- better than I have in a few weeks. Very calm and in control. I hope this feeling continues!!
Old 12-02-2012, 07:18 AM   #10  

Height: 5'4

I'm in! November was a really gnarly month for me, but also a good one. Earlier in the month after a really REALLY awful 2-Day binge I finally 'came out' to my husband and some friends and started talking to a therapist... not about my relapse of BED specifically but just life issues in general.

I did very well after that until Thanksgiving. I didn't binge on that day, but definitely overate which continued on into the weekend. Not huge rapid binges per say, but overeating for sure with bingey moments if that makes sense.

So, my goals are in my signature but I think I'm okay for this month in terms of actual binges. I have one or two big meals planned, but I'm super focused and being able to vocalize my concerns and plans to people in real life is so helpful!
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:05 AM   #11  
Jessica

failed today. miserably. :'( its always after I start feeling confident.... here comes tomorrow....
Old 12-03-2012, 10:27 AM   #12  
Jessica

I committed to weighing in every day to try stopping the "I don't care" thoughts that seem to accompany my binges. Well- 4.8 lbs ups this morning and then most I have weighed in two years. I want to cry. This. Has. To. Stop. I just have no idea how.... I feel like something will work for 5-10 days and I think that maybe I've found a solution or at least an improvement... Only to binge again. Feeling a little like a failure this morning- I can't wait until spring comes. Life is just better in the spring. Well- I'm off to get a good workout in- I'm sure that will help me feel marginally better...

If you made it through that, you are amazing- I hope everyone else is happier and healthier than me!
Old 12-03-2012, 10:54 AM   #13  

Height: 5'4

Danzingurl - I'm sorry if you're having to repeat yourself by answering this, but what sorts of things have you tried?

I see a lot of ladies having success after reading "Brain over Binge", talking to a therapist, 'coming clean' to friends and family, etc.

Don't give up just because you gave in. Keep trying things!
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:31 AM   #14  
Jessica

Joss- I do want to get my hands on that book- it's actually on my list of things to do today! But as far as things I have tried... Told my DH (but I don't think he really understands completely), journaling, low carb, high carb, coming here, stopping counting calories, meditation, goal setting.... Some things work better than others- I just need to find the right combination maybe...

Anyways thanks for the support Joss!
Old 12-03-2012, 05:03 PM   #15  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

danzigurl- i feel for you. maybe you should take some break from everything, like relaxing day in spa or something with your hubby so you can completely forget about food and exercise ...i think we are all overwhelmed with informations, worrying about every calorie every bite, hours of exercise and figuring how to burn excess calories...it's not normal anymore.
i've been thinking a lot about that and i feel we are missing so much in life, at least i am. i could be doing millions of others things instead of worrying how to loose these damned 20 pounds and avoiding so many events, even moving away just because i feel like a failure for gaining back half of the weight i lost with so much devotion and effort. it has to stop.
i have suffered a great deal for the last two months, but i pushed myself and reached my goals even though i binged all that time to soothe my nerves because i didn't want to bother anyone with my problems. i have finally moved into a new appartment, clean and ok roommates and i got a scolarship and i even stated missing my crazy family. i speak with my mom on a regular basis and can't wait to go home for christmas. life is beautiful now and it all happened in a course of a few days. i told myself that once i reach those goals i will stop binging and start trying to focus on healthy eating instead of eating a bag of cookies for lunch and dinner. the time has finally come. last month i gained about 5-7 pounds and i hope it's mostly water.
tubolard- i wish to have soem of your will power this month you're doing great
november hit us all pretty hard, well at least most of us. i hope december will be kinder to us.
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote