Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 12-19-2012, 01:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 224/not quite sure/135

Height: 5'11

Default Medifast, need some tips, don't know how much longer I can do this.

First, it's been 3 weeks and I've only lost 4 lbs. This is because I wasn't eating all the required meals so my metabolism shut down. However, I can't do this. The food I find disgusting. I douse the soups with so many spices, salt, pepper, hot sauce so that I can't taste the paper mache flavor.
I have never had such intense cravings for other foods before. People say that this is a craving free diet and that's just not true. I am forcing myself to stay completely on plan, so I am chasing my food with soda. I need tips on how everyone else achieved such a great weight loss and also how do you get over the cravings.
brinnJusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 234/183/155

Height: 5'6.75

Hey BrinnJusty, sorry you're having such a bad time with MF. It is a craving free diet, I've been on MF for almost 5 months. As far as the soups, the only ones that I like is the cream of tomato and cream of broccoli. What I do with the cream of broc is blend in low sodium chicken broth and two wedges of light laughing cow cheese with the cream of broc. I pour it out in a bowl then add in real broccoli and maybe some chopped chicken breast, microwave for about 2 mins and add some hot sauce and it is very filling and yummy. For the COT I just add water to make a paste and bake. Sometimes I eat as is or I use it as a topping for my chicken. What other meals do you need help with?
aliciab307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:38 PM   #3  

My dd is doing shape for life which is based on medifast and she loves it. She lost 8lb in 2wk. But I would like to find out more and wondering if there is a thread here just about that.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 234/183/155

Height: 5'6.75

Carol there is a sub-forum for Medifast. You can find out more by going to the medifast website, I also know a bit about the program
aliciab307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 234.5/226.75/155

Height: 5'8.5"

Not to make medifasters mad but you might want to try new lifestyle diet (or wonder slim, they are the same products different packages) products. They use whey protein instead of soy and in my opinion taste much better. However they have less vitamins in them so you must take a daily multivitamin. I did do medifast for 5 month in 2009 and lost 80 lbs, so I do understand what you are saying since I mostly ate the shakes since I could not stand many of the other foods. Since then I regained the weight (long story) and decided on NLS instead of medifast due to the taste.

When I was on medifast in 2009 I use to make pizzas/muffins/cookies out of the tomato soup, oatmeal and other products that was the only way I could eat them. There are many recipes out there to doctor the food and bake it, believe it or not it does really change the taste.

Last edited by Kermit03; 01-07-2013 at 11:22 AM.
Kermit03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:22 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 239/203/159

Height: 5'7"

The only way I have figured out to get through this is to use the wonderslim shakes, puddings and chocolate cake. I use few other subs like laughing cow/melba toast; Jimmy Dean turkey sausage and eggs; Tuna fish, chicken breast. I find a hybrid between low-carb and wonderslim to be the path to sanity.
Cobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:36 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/187/165

Height: 5'7"

I have done Medifast and lost 12 lbs in about in a month. I learned to soak the soup for several hours and then heat it up and I made the shakes with ice to make them more smoothly like. I ate sugar free jello to help with hunger. It worked. WoW to the people who kept up Medifast for 8 months!!! I thought it tasted a bit like cardboard but I like your paper mache analogy. LOL!!
concminus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:36 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 159/158/135

Height: 5' 6.5"

Losing weight is hard enough without hating the food. I've been on MF almost 2 weeks. I think most of the food is OK although there are a few I can't stand. Also, I have cheated with a glass or two of wine or an extra snack of raw almonds. As a result, my weight loss has been slower, but I am still satisfied with the lbs lost. I would suggest the Wonderslim program. My friend is on it and thinks the food is much better. Maybe you could alternate the packages just to get rid of you MF food.
Gkm130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:52 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

I agree if you truly hate all the food you should find a different plan. Some of the Medifast food IS kind of bad to some people, but for every person who hates a food, plenty of others love it. I personally cannot stand the beef stew or the strawberry bars, but I love the hot cocoa and the smores bars. So to do this plan you have to find which ones you enjoy. It works, but if you hate it you won't stick with it and the weight won't come off.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:16 PM   #10  
On the Medifast Plan

S/C/G: 260/201/176

Height: 5'4"

If it isn't working for you, get off it.

Your tastes will change but no one in their right mind would describe Medifast as tasting "good."

As for Medifast being a craving-free diet--that is bullsh*t. People are always going to crave what they can't have. I've been on this program for 8 weeks and last night I would have killed someone for a cheeseburger. I find the cravings are manageable, but they exist.
dunebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:17 PM   #11  
On the Medifast Plan

S/C/G: 260/201/176

Height: 5'4"

Lynn is right about the different strokes for different folks---I hate, hate hate the hot cocoa but can eat most any of the bars. I'm also at a point where any of the soups or chili make me gag.
dunebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:48 PM   #12  
soiltosoul

S/C/G: 262/231/200

Height: 5'9"

Totally with ya on the taste of the food! Not to mention i didn't want all the chemical sweeteners and chemical vitamins. check out diymydiet it follows the medifast plan but shows you how to do it all on your own out of the grocery store with food you like. it's the only way i have been able to lose weight LIKE medifast..
soiltosoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:38 PM   #13  

Nice. That actually sounds pretty cool, I'm about to look up the site for that. The made for you ones are great, but then you are paying for convenience and sometimes have to go buy additional stuff anyway.
FattyFatFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:56 AM   #14  

I could only tolerate the MF shakes and the puddings. Their "fruity" drinks, not the shakes were too sweet and the "powder foods" were vile.

I am using Syntrax Nectar as shakes and BariWise puddings and WS bars for now. I can tell there is a huge flavor difference for me.

The Syntrax shakes are soooo much better and you notice they are much more affordable.
CosmosHuman is offline   Reply With Quote