South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 07:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default TUESDAY'S Daily SBD Chat 12/18

Do you know what a week from today is?

I realize I never did make it in here yesterday, although I did read. I had only gotten maybe an hour of sleep and was just dragging all day. Thank goodness I slept like a rock last night!

I have Maggie's holiday concert this afternoon, then I have rush back to Amber's school for her concert after dropping off Audrey for her violin lesson this evening. Other than that, the morning should be relatively calm, and we've been told the sun may actually come out!
Old 12-18-2012, 07:24 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Linda, and t4suu! (Secret MOD code!) I'm glad you got a good sleep last night. Your day sounds busy but fun. Enjoy the girls' concerts.

Yesterday went down the tubes fast as I had some sort of digestive flu. I have no idea what it was from but I spent the day close to the bathroom. Of course my weight is UP this morning. All seems well this morning though but I do resent losing a day this busy week.

We have rain this morning which sure beats ice pellets. I am going to go into town today to get a couple of things, gifts that got missed in the first wave of shopping. I am NOT going to a grocery store as I don't want anything else in my fridge since I'll do the Big Food Shop on Friday. This is the time of year when I miss my old beer fridge in the barn.

How does your terrific Tuesday look from this perspective? I often marvel that days never turn out quite the way I expected. Whatever it brings, enjoy!
Old 12-18-2012, 07:26 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Another icy start to the day here so I'll do a little desk work before hitting the road when it warms up. I'm so glad my boss is an advocate of only driving when we feel safe doing so. I'd do that anyway but it's nice to know she agrees.

Cottage - We are all going very low key this year so no holiday stress for me. DD works the day before and after so she and her fiance are doing something with friends in Boston. We are going to my parents for the day, just one quick overnight. I need some good veggie dishes to go with my Mom's lasagna!

I'm still struggling with my eating. I guess I should give myself credit for refusing to give up. I just wish I was doing a better job of sticking to plan. I know it's all emotional eating and just hope I can keep myself close enough to really get back to it once I'm through this patch.

Meanwhile there's a little snow and some ice out there. Time to make a plan for the day. It will end with wine and dinner with a friend, the best way to end the day. She has a cold so I'm bringing some extra spicy chili

Counting down - just today, tomorrow and Thursday morning on the road. then some desk time and vacation starts Friday at 4!

ETA - good morning Ruth. Hope the tummy is better today. I hate losing a day being sick.

Last edited by CyndiM; 12-18-2012 at 07:28 AM.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I'm off to work late morning. Then after I'll run over to Trader Joe's, since it is close by and the weather will be nice. I've been on a major kick for their haricot verts. They are yummy roasted. Any veggie that I actually WANT to eat is a great veggie

Have a great day, all.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:29 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! So gla to see everyone in here this morning. A quickie for me - I just realized I don't have much time left til I need to walk out the door.

I am *almost* done with shopping. Having two children closer together(and under the age of 10), I need to make sure they're equal gifts....and *gasp* they're NOT!!! Part of it is though, that DD's bday is Saturday.

FUll day today, maybe watching a friend's kids tonight. Y'all be good!

I'm with you Cyndi...at least I'm not horrible about my eating!
Old 12-18-2012, 08:34 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning ladies

Ruth I hope your tummy feels better

Linda enjoy the concerts (I miss them)

Karen I wish we had a Trader Joe's or a Whole Foods near by. Since you like haricot verts roasted do you like asparagus that way? if not give it a try with a little SP, garlic and olive oil.

Cyndi you are not alone. I have been emotionally eating too. I am not beating myself up yet. Just trying to maintain (or stay close too) my goal weight. The holiday season is difficult for many people. I saw something on the Internet which I thought was a great idea. Take an empty jar and write down positive things that happen to you or you see throughout the year. Then on next New Year's Eve you read all the notes to remind yourself what a great year you had. I thought it was cute and quite clever as I know I tend to dwell on the negative and forget the little miracles that are around me.

Natasha have fun with your cousin. Are you still relocating after the New Year?

Yesterday was a baseball and sweats day, enough said about that lol. I did receive a lovely wine basket full of goodies from my Aunt Gail in Arkansas. I am not opening it until I have someone to share them with. I figure I will share with my son this weekend and Joe on NYE. At least the wine is SB P2 compliant lol.
I made the butternut squash and black bean soup, quite yummy.

Today I have a date with my bike trainer. Hopefully will get 3 hours in today. After my little binges yesterday I need too. Not even going near the scale today or tomorrow for that matter lol
Old 12-18-2012, 08:41 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Flyby...late party and work/snowy car await! Better keep going!

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 12-18-2012, 09:01 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Jennifer - I saw that on facebook too. Love it, picked out a giant jar and started already because I plan to have a memorable year. Kind of wish I'd done that last year so I remembered all those special little moments better.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:24 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Great idea - except I'm trying to cut down on clutter. (I worry about becoming a Hoarder and finding myself on TV.)
Old 12-18-2012, 09:28 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning, quick fly by for me as well.

Have to finish up some stuff at work and then we are leaving for a party with our Director we are going to cooking class, no idea what we are cooking but it should be fun.

Awana is also having their Christmas party tonight so the kids will love it and be all sugared up to send back to their parents.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Last edited by Pearlrose; 12-18-2012 at 09:29 AM.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:43 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekel383 View Post
Karen I wish we had a Trader Joe's or a Whole Foods near by. Since you like haricot verts roasted do you like asparagus that way? if not give it a try with a little SP, garlic and olive oil.
Absolutely! I think maybe all veggies taste better roasted.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:51 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Good morning chickies! I'm still not in the Christmas spirit, yet. I don't know what's up, with that?! Anyway, I weighed in, and I've lost 8.6lbs, down to 295.6lbs! This is Day 8 and it's getting better, resisting unhealthy food. Take care and be forever blessed.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:18 PM   #13  

Congrats Bella now isn't that a great Christmas gift you gave to yourself!!! Awesome job!!

Ok Ruth, I should have swallowed before reading your last post. I giggled and made coffee run down my chin. Needed the laugh so thank you

Ok time to dust grumble grumble
Old 12-18-2012, 04:19 PM   #14  

Cyndi I am raiding my cabinets looking for two! Starting out a jar for my friend Joe too
Closed Thread