Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 10:56 AM   #1  

Default 300 + and ready to try again #415

WELCOME !!!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

We chat at 8:30 pm EST, 7:30 pm CST on Wednesday and Saturday.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME!!!
Old 09-22-2003, 11:14 AM   #2  

Good Morning Girls!

I have emerged from a busy and fun weekend. Today is my 28th birthday and I've been partying since Friday. Yes, my plan went right out the window because I've over indulged on chocolate cake. But, what the **** I am going to work my butt off this week during my workouts and I will have lost by this Friday.
It was a very nice weekend. Tom and I celebrated my birthday on Saturday. He made me breakfast in bed, then took me shopping and bought me the most beautiful gold earrings. He made me a fancy dinner of shrimp cocktail, and fettucine alfredo. After that we went out for a couple of drinks and had a lot of fun. So that's why I've been MIA since Friday.
I am also ticked off because I had a one pound gain. Possibly from my period, but now it's probably from all the rich food I've been eating. I am determined to get it off by this Friday so it's going to be a week in "boot-camp" for me.

I'll check back in with all of you later today!
Old 09-22-2003, 11:53 AM   #3  
You and Me in 2003

Happy Birthday Justme
I am at work plugging away
Not much else to report. catch up later
Old 09-22-2003, 12:02 PM   #4  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUSTME!

Hope you have a memorable day.
Old 09-22-2003, 12:30 PM   #5  

Happy Birthday Justme!!!

I am getting ready to go get my monkey from school and then off to work I go. For those of you that dont know, I work part time in a daycare. I am in charge of the afterschoolers K-2nd grade.

I have started the day off right and I feel good about that. I cant bring myself to drink alot of water yet but at least I am drinking diet soda.

Tonight after work I am taking the kids skating. It is sponsored by Lee's school and should be fun!! Zachary has never been skating but we got him some inline skates from Fisher Price for his birthday and I think that he will have a ball. I promise to start doing personals but I am in a hurry right now.

Hugs to all!!
Tracy
Old 09-22-2003, 12:45 PM   #6  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATALIE
Old 09-22-2003, 12:53 PM   #7  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATALIE
Old 09-22-2003, 01:17 PM   #8  

Happy birthday Justme!

Thought I would I would share a few things about water importance that I found somewhere, maybe you already knew this, but just in case, I'll post it again:

1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.

2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.

3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.

4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.

5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.

8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

have a good day.
Old 09-22-2003, 01:45 PM   #9  

Hey gals,
Me again, things have slowed down a bit here at work so I'm planning on jumping in more often

As of today, I am back on the wagon, we got our tickets to Newfoundland last week, and I've never met DF(fiance) family, and If I want to have a good flight and enjoy my christmas in NFLD I want to be 30-50lbs lighter by Dec 22nd. I know I can do it, just have to stay motivated, and that's what I got you gals for. Were going from Dec 22nd to Jan 5, should be really fun, if you know any Newfie's you'll know there a blast. It's an 8hr flight, thank god all three of us our going, I'll be able to share my son's seat if needed. He's only six, so he doesn't take up a whole seat while I'll probalby take up 1 and half. Haven't flown in about 3yrs, so hopefully it wont be to bad.

Tina, I have to say that I am totally addictted to Paradise Hotel, it's the smuttiest and nastiest reallity show out there, I just love all the juicy twists, I'm almost ashamed to be watching it, it's so bad. I also love Survivor, but Hockey Season is starting soon, and I will have to fight DF for the remote.

I'm going to start using FitDay again, it's seems to keep me on track, it is kind of a pain in the ***, but I find when I use it, I lose, and when I don't I gain. Maybe will check out Calorie King as well.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATALIE
Old 09-22-2003, 02:08 PM   #10  

Angry WEIGH IN DAY

Today is the day.....Monday weigh in....

Drum roll......5 lbs gone!!! regone!!!! Gone forever!!!!!!!!!!

Nice seeing you pop in here again Duckie. It will be nice having you post with us. Trip to Newfoundland, wow what a Christmas vacation. We will help and encourage you along your way of loss.

Hugs to all,
Sandy
Old 09-22-2003, 02:24 PM   #11  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Default Re: WEIGH IN DAY

[QUOTE]Originally posted by peekabooangel
Today is the day.....Monday weigh in....

Drum roll......5 lbs gone!!! regone!!!! Gone forever!!!!!!!!!!

WAY TO GO ....SANDY!
Old 09-22-2003, 02:36 PM   #12  
BELIEVE!

Hi Girls -
I hope you are all having a beautiful day! I have spent the morning catching up on work and am taking a quick break to check on my favorite gals!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATALIE!!!

Congratulations Kat!!!

Way to go Sandy!!!!

I'll catch up with the rest of you later.
Barb
Old 09-22-2003, 04:58 PM   #13  
Michigan Old-Timer

Just a quick stop to wish Natalie a very Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday, dear Natalie! Happy Birthday to you!
Old 09-22-2003, 05:30 PM   #14  

WAY TO GO SANDY 5 LBS DOWN, THAT IS FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!

KATRINA, YIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEE

Later chicksters!
Old 09-22-2003, 06:40 PM   #15  
Progress..not perfection

Talking My first time with a man....

as a LEADER. I knew that would get your attention....

I tried a new meeting time today and the leader was a man. He was nice.....older, probably in his late 50's and definitely more interesting than my other leader, but I am definitely trying out some other days and times. Not my cup of tea.
One thing he kept doing was talking about was "skinny" people. You know..... "skinny" people eat this....and if you want to be "skinny", things like that. I do NOT like that word.

Anyways.... drumroll please. dadadadadadadadada I lost 1 pound. Yippee. Can you hear the sarcasm there? I'm trying not to let it get me down though. It's just very frustrating because I didn't even touch my Flex points. I ate exactly to my 32 pts. except for a couple of days, (I did go under a couple) I did the Leslie Sanson 1 mile video two days last week and the 2 mile video two days last week and drank 64 oz of water every single day.

And I lost a whole frickin pound.

I'm not going to get discouraged though.... I will forge ahead and try some new things... just wanted to report in.

P.S. Happy Birthday to Natalie!
I hope you have a WONDERFUL DAY!

Congrats to Kat and Sandy! Good job guys!!
Closed Thread