Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 12-12-2012, 11:37 AM   #16  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

bargoo, I agree, poached eggs are relatively easy to make. I like poaching them over frying them, actually. I think they taste better and there is less chance of breaking the yolks.

I also love me some scrambled eggs in the microwave Quick and yummy.

Egg beaters works well in the microwave too, if you're looking for something SUPER quick and easy.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:01 PM   #17  
Fear does not = fate

S/C/G: 295/140/nogoal :)

Height: 5'2"

[QUOTE=kelijpa;4554704]is soft water basted like poached? I love a poached egg, but never make them at home, I've looked at a gazillion recipes and ways to poach, but for some reason never do it./QUOTE]

Yea they are kinda like poached! But a million times easier.

You start off in a small non stick pan just like a fried egg and you get a small lid to cover that pan. After the egg has gotten started, you add 3 tablespoons of HOT water to the pan and cover the egg, turning it down to a simmer.

You wait around 4 minutes and take a peek, when the whites have set, your egg is done and it's "poached", but really you've just basted it with water.

A lot of restaurants use butter or oil, so if you ever order this out, make sure to ask for water basted!
owlsteazombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:59 AM   #18  

Has anyone else found they have to cook the egg beaters a lot longer than regular eggs? I thought I really hated them but then relized I just wasnt cooking them long enough. Now I love them!
Gimmeabreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:43 AM   #19  
Fear does not = fate

S/C/G: 295/140/nogoal :)

Height: 5'2"

I have a serious addiction to egg beaters three cheese flavor with spinach...it's a problem and has to stop!
owlsteazombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:03 AM   #20  
Japanese Student

S/C/G: 230/ticker/120

Height: 5'3''

I also haven't tried eating liquid eggs, but I've heard of them. My mom told me about them for cooking purposes, because when I separated egg whites on my own, I couldn't get them to whip. I never considered eating them like that...
I guess I could try it sometime, but I'm happy with regular scrambled eggs.
Spiritix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:38 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Like kaplods, I'd rather use real egg whites (separated myself) because the color doesn't matter to me, and it's tastier and cheaper than buying egg beaters, and they're less processed.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote