Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 07:17 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Monday 12/17/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
Old 12-17-2012, 07:42 AM   #2  
Started IP Alts 9/8/12

I'm oh so very frustrated! My first seven weeks I lost 24.4#. This last seven weeks I've lost 5.4#. I really have no clue what's going on. No, I haven't been measuring inches, but judging by the way clothes are fitting, inches don't seem to be pouring off either.
Here's a typical few days of IP Alts for me:
B: Frappe made with 1/2 packet ProtiDiet Oatmeal, Flavored ground coffee (usually Dunkin Donuts Pumpkin Spice), 1/4-1/2 cup EAS Carb Advantage, ice, and water--Usually have this during the work week OR WLS Cereal with splash of EAS Carb Advantage for 'milk'--Usually have this on the weekend
L: WLS Zesty Chili OR WLS Chicken & Veggie Soup plus 2 cups broccoli/cauliflower
D: Big Mac in a Bowl, or slow cooker chicken, or steak, or fish, with acceptable seasonings, plus 2 cups of veggies--usually broc/cauli mix, what can I say, it's cheap and I like it!
S: Proti-Thin Wafer--when I have the frappe, or Proti Diet Chocolate Dream Bar--when I have the cereal

Things that have changed since I started:
Was using Millstone Caramel Truffle coffee but switched to the DD Pumpkin
Was having the Healthsmart variety pack where I am now having the wafers.
Was drinking Crystal Light flavored water, but went back to plain
Started using Mrs. Dash on my veggies instead of soy sauce to cook my vegetables in
I do measure all meat & veggies on a digital scale. I do get in my minimum water (usually it's closer to 96 oz.) Have not been good at taking my supplements (but it's been like that since the beginning. They make me feel sick when I take them. Today I thought I might go buy a pill crusher and see if that helps.) Don't actively exercise.

Does anyone see what might be causing my issues? I know I've seen Scorbett post about overdosing on the wafers but wasn't sure what the issue was. Anything besides wafer overload that jumps out at anyone. Change the battery in the scale? LOL, if only it were that easy!

P.S. This is a repost from yesterday's daily since I posted so late. Also posting this as I'm walking out the door, so will try to respond to yesterday's questions as soon as I can
Old 12-17-2012, 07:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorblue View Post
I'm oh so very frustrated! My first seven weeks I lost 24.4#. This last seven weeks I've lost 5.4#. I really have no clue what's going on. No, I haven't been measuring inches, but judging by the way clothes are fitting, inches don't seem to be pouring off either.
Here's a typical few days of IP Alts for me:
B: Frappe made with 1/2 packet ProtiDiet Oatmeal, Flavored ground coffee (usually Dunkin Donuts Pumpkin Spice), 1/4-1/2 cup EAS Carb Advantage, ice, and water--Usually have this during the work week OR WLS Cereal with splash of EAS Carb Advantage for 'milk'--Usually have this on the weekend
L: WLS Zesty Chili OR WLS Chicken & Veggie Soup plus 2 cups broccoli/cauliflower
D: Big Mac in a Bowl, or slow cooker chicken, or steak, or fish, with acceptable seasonings, plus 2 cups of veggies--usually broc/cauli mix, what can I say, it's cheap and I like it!
S: Proti-Thin Wafer--when I have the frappe, or Proti Diet Chocolate Dream Bar--when I have the cereal

Things that have changed since I started:
Was using Millstone Caramel Truffle coffee but switched to the DD Pumpkin
Was having the Healthsmart variety pack where I am now having the wafers.
Was drinking Crystal Light flavored water, but went back to plain
Started using Mrs. Dash on my veggies instead of soy sauce to cook my vegetables in
I do measure all meat & veggies on a digital scale. I do get in my minimum water (usually it's closer to 96 oz.) Have not been good at taking my supplements (but it's been like that since the beginning. They make me feel sick when I take them. Today I thought I might go buy a pill crusher and see if that helps.) Don't actively exercise.

Does anyone see what might be causing my issues? I know I've seen Scorbett post about overdosing on the wafers but wasn't sure what the issue was. Anything besides wafer overload that jumps out at anyone. Change the battery in the scale? LOL, if only it were that easy!

P.S. This is a repost from yesterday's daily since I posted so late. Also posting this as I'm walking out the door, so will try to respond to yesterday's questions as soon as I can
The one thing I would replace is the wafers, atleast the IP wafers I was told are very high in fat and carbs.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:06 AM   #4  

I saw a reply yesterday about the coffee. After an internet search, I think the source was for the cup of coffee you actually purchase AT DD, not the ground coffee at home. I did locate a blog post from someone who was extremely gluten sensitive who reacted to the flavoring but could not locate a nutrition label for the coffee package.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:08 AM   #5  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Are you getting your oil for the day? Make sure you are getting that everyday, it is essential.

Try mixing up your veggies. I was doing cauli every day also (2-3 cups of it), but it seems to be a little higher in carbs than some of the other veggies. Maybe try a smaller amount of cauli and add in a variety of other veggies.

If the crystal light is helping you get all your water in, you can still have it. I think WUV mentioned something about it before. Not sure if I have it correct, but think it was at least 64 oz of plain water and then you can have crystal light in the rest.

I'm finally breaking through an 8 week slow down. Don't give up! Your body might just need some time to adjust to the quick loss.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:22 AM   #6  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
My first seven weeks I lost 24.4#. This last seven weeks I've lost 5.4#. I really have no clue what's going on.
Okay, so I'm pretty new on IP, but after *many* weight loss efforts over the years, I've found you really need to keep the average weight loss you're achieving in mind. Some weeks you will lose more, some less. You've lost just under 30 pounds in 14 weeks. That's an average of over 2 pounds per week. I know many here seem to lose more quickly, but there's nothing wrong with losing weight at that rate. The rate of loss can also vary by how much you have to lose.

It sounds like there are some things you probably could tweak to speed the loss, but the main thing is to just stick with plan.

Good luck!
Old 12-17-2012, 08:29 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyainva View Post
The one thing I would replace is the wafers, atleast the IP wafers I was told are very high in fat and carbs.
The chocolate dream bars are also fairly high in fat and I think only have 10 grams protein, so I would use those sparingly. Also check the chili, that might be restricted to once or twice a week.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:33 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Whoosh, Whoosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got on the scale to weigh in this morning and am at 165!!!!!!!! That is 7 pounds gone in a week. I am doing the happy dance!!!!!!!! I have also passed my half-way mark and am able to wear my wedding ring again. My week has been full of victories WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-17-2012, 08:35 AM   #9  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmmommy2 View Post
I got on the scale to weigh in this morning and am at 165!!!!!!!! That is 7 pounds gone in a week. I am doing the happy dance!!!!!!!! I have also passed my half-way mark and am able to wear my wedding ring again. My week has been full of victories WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7 lbs!
Old 12-17-2012, 08:37 AM   #10  
Started IP 3/12/12

S/C/G: 248.25/see ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Congratulations! A wonderful early Christmas present!
Old 12-17-2012, 08:46 AM   #11  

Quote:
Wow that is amazing, so happy for you!
Old 12-17-2012, 08:54 AM   #12  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Well, I'm back from 4 days out of town. Despite lots of restaurant meals and two Christmas parties, it looks like I managed to drop a few pounds. I'll know for sure when I go to WI on Wednesday. The second party was tough since I ended up in charge of arranging the food (sandwich platters, cookies ad other desserts, deviled eggs, popcorn chicken, chips, wine, beer, etc.). Thank goodness for the shrimp and veggies! I also knew not to go to the parties hungry in case there was nothing for me to eat. I really didn't go off plan at all although I substituted egg beaters for breakfast a few times. (I was shocked that I could actually order an egg white/egg beater omelet with no oil/butter and veggies only in a restaurant and they'd actually listen to what I ordered! I had a couple of the best omelets *ever* over the last couple of days!

A lot of what I've been doing over the last two weeks has to do with changing habits. I never would have pictured me sitting in the United Club at the airport in the past with a cup of tea vs. a glass of red wine. The real test will come over the holidays while I'm away for two weeks without a scale, but at least I feel better equipped now. And over the holidays I'll have my own kitchen to work in although we'll still be eating out in restaurants occasionally. We also throw a big Christmas Eve party, but at least I already know what the food is for that!
Old 12-17-2012, 09:01 AM   #13  

Here's a trick I found that really works for me on the weekends.

I have to eat within an hour of waking up, I think if I let my blood sugar go to low I start to crave more food.

For me eating every 3 to 4 hours really works, I understand everyone is different.

for me i have noticed the days i am off and wanting to eat more is when i dont eat every 4 hours. and for me it has to be protein not just veggies.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:03 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Great and a Happy Dance for you here in Texas
Old 12-17-2012, 09:10 AM   #15  
Sleeved in Mexico

S/C/G: 250 /170.4 /140

Height: 5'5

Blah, 0 loss this week. At least I didn't gain! And I did lose 2 inches. So headed in the right direction, but it was my first 0 loss, and as you know can be a bit disappointing. I'm OK with it- makes me focus even more this week!
Closed Thread