Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 07:06 PM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default Home of the 100% Vol 18

We are almost to 500 post so I am going to go ahead and start a new thread. I don't get to spend as much time on here as I used too since I picked up a second job for the holidays. I do catch up when I can, seems like everyone is doing well and a lot of you are at your halfway marks which is outstanding. Very proud of each and everyone of you.

Christmas is just around the corner then we only have New Years left then no more holiday's for a while. Lets try, no wait.....lets STAY on program for the holiday's. This is going to be a first at New Year's to NOT say I wanna lose weight this year. I will be maintaining this New Year, which will be a battle in itself but I KNOW if I can do this for 19 months this way that I CAN and WILL do this for the rest of my life. I KNOW I am NOT going to go back to where I was no matter what.

We have a very strong support group that has become an extended family for many of us. Its great to know that we are only a click away from getting help whenever we need it. I promise to try to be around more, I will do my best!
Old 12-15-2012, 08:44 PM   #2  

wuv you inspire me on a daily basis. And you're in my head girlfriend!!!

Lisa. I am scared to death of failing. Everyday. Sometimes it consumes me and I think everyone is secretly thinking I'll fail. Just like all the other times before. LE sigh.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250?/146.6/160?

Height: 5' 7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post

Christmas is just around the corner then we only have New Years left then no more holiday's for a while. Lets try, no wait.....lets STAY on program for the holiday's. This is going to be a first at New Year's to NOT say I wanna lose weight this year. I will be maintaining this New Year, which will be a battle in itself but I KNOW if I can do this for 19 months this way that I CAN and WILL do this for the rest of my life. I KNOW I am NOT going to go back to where I was no matter what.

We have a very strong support group that has become an extended family for many of us. Its great to know that we are only a click away from getting help whenever we need it. I promise to try to be around more, I will do my best!
Ah yes, you are inspiring, Wuv! I will stay 100% through the holidays and as long as I can! I will not get back to what I was before IP. No way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post

Lisa. I am scared to death of failing. Everyday. Sometimes it consumes me and I think everyone is secretly thinking I'll fail. Just like all the other times before. LE sigh.
Oh, mompattie, I most definitely don't think you'll fail! You've come so far! And you too are inspiring! But yes, it is hard, and the thought of failing is terrifying. IP has been so easy for me (past the first month or so), and I just hope I can do maintenance the same way.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:50 PM   #4  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
.....lets STAY on program for the holiday's. This is going to be a first at New Year's to NOT say I wanna lose weight this year. I will be maintaining this New Year, which will be a battle in itself but I KNOW if I can do this for 19 months this way that I CAN and WILL do this for the rest of my life. I KNOW I am NOT going to go back to where I was no matter what.

You inspire so many here Wuv. You inspire me. I'm proud of you, and I know you will be rocking maintenance when I get there (I can't wait to hear your stories when I get to reading the maintenance threads). Enjoy your holidays! For my holiday season treat - I've been adding a touch of sugar free gingerbread syrups to my vanilla shakes (I'm one wild and crazy gal!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post

Mompattie, no way are you going to fail. You are in control. I have no doubts you will succeed. Look how far you have come! You got this.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:57 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

I have been trying my hardest to see the accomplishment in what I am doing. Physically it is easy (meaning not hurting myself with exercising the weight off) and because of that it scares me for maintenance. I will need more activity, exercise, toning and much much more to be able to keep the weight from coming back and then getting my body where I want it to be. I wish sometimes that IP would also allow me to do more physically so I could build up the habits now. Things will not change in a day, and food was not my only problem and it worries me once the plan part is gone the cravings and hunger will be to much. Glad to know I am not the only one.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:05 PM   #6  

For those who missed my post about my fears in the previous 100% thread, it is here
I really appreciate the comments from those of you making me feel not-so-alone!

Patti: We are all with you. Together we can do what we can't do alone and we won't ALL fail! Stick with all the winners!

BTW: The clothes are all boxed and bagged (going to 3 different places). Feel fear, face fear, move on thru & DON'T EAT OVER IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
I have been trying my hardest to see the accomplishment in what I am doing. Physically it is easy (meaning not hurting myself with exercising the weight off) and because of that it scares me for maintenance. I will need more activity, exercise, toning and much much more to be able to keep the weight from coming back and then getting my body where I want it to be. I wish sometimes that IP would also allow me to do more physically so I could build up the habits now. Things will not change in a day, and food was not my only problem and it worries me once the plan part is gone the cravings and hunger will be to much. Glad to know I am not the only one.
IP actually only restricts exercise the first few weeks. We're allowed to exercise, we just need to start slow, which any of us out-of-shape messes (oops! Sorry! Should just speak for myself) should do anyway.....start slow....

Last edited by lisa32989; 12-15-2012 at 10:07 PM.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:31 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
For those who missed my post about my fears in the previous 100% thread, it is here

Patti: We are all with you. Together we can do what we can't do alone and we won't ALL fail! Stick with all the winners!

BTW: The clothes are all boxed and bagged (going to 3 different places). Feel fear, face fear, move on thru & DON'T EAT OVER IT!

IP actually only restricts exercise the first few weeks. We're allowed to exercise, we just need to start slow, which any of us out-of-shape messes (oops! Sorry! Should just speak for myself) should do anyway.....start slow....
Before IP I use to take my dogs on 2-3hr hikes in the hills 3 or more times a week (only spring, summer, and fall damn Saskatchewan winters..) That will not work on IP because 1 extra pack will not make up the deficit of calories burned. That is why I am hoping to be at goal by the time it is nice weather here. ( haha maybe by may....brr....) I have started adding in stretching yoga routine on the wii starting slow. I love that it easy but for me it is weird because if it comes easy it is like I did not earn it. I am hard on myself as always I know. But I am sure I am not the only one.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:41 PM   #8  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Before IP I use to take my dogs on 2-3hr hikes in the hills 3 or more times a week (only spring, summer, and fall damn Saskatchewan winters..) That will not work on IP because 1 extra pack will not make up the deficit of calories burned. That is why I am hoping to be at goal by the time it is nice weather here. ( haha maybe by may....brr....) I have started adding in stretching yoga routine on the wii starting slow. I love that it easy but for me it is weird because if it comes easy it is like I did not earn it. I am hard on myself as always I know. But I am sure I am not the only one.
It's funny you should say that. I had posted my progress pictures on facebook and got a LOT of questions about what i was doing to lose the weight. Every time I found myself hesitating to respond - because IP is SO "easy" in terms of no working out, and meal planning around packets, I thought people might downplay my success as being "too easy".

But the truth is that's ALL coming from ME. Maybe it's a defense mechanism that goes along with fear of failure - I'm afraid of failure so if I DO fail, I can say the diet was too easy and I failed because I didn't really work for it.

How untrue is THAT statement???? I may not be sweating at the gym, but I have sweat through temptation after temptation, and conquered every one. I have stepped out of my food comfort zone and learned to love veggies I had never tried before. I HAVE worked - it may be more INTERNAL than EXTERNAL work, but it's still tough and still WORTH SOMETHING. We need to dismiss the LIE that just because this is a fast weight loss, that our efforts aren't worth as much.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:29 PM   #9  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I hear you Lisa. I have been there too, about about 10 years ago too. It was not 100 lbs then it was 80 something, but I had not started as large as I did this time. Like you described, I had given away my large size cloths and then proceeded to gain back the weight over the years. I have learned from that experience, and while I'd be a fool to think maintenance will be smooth and easy, I am determined.

We have talked about being ready to even begin a weight loss plan and how each of us find our own determination and willingness to do what needs to be done. Nobody can turn on a switch for us, and get us in that mindset (much as we'd like to help family, friends, others get motivated for whatever would help them). I know what has happened in my past, but that does not define my future. We need to know we are worth it. I feel it. I've heard the passion in your emails (and many folks here as well) about staying on plan - and having determination. I see no reason that this determination will just go away when we get to goal - if we don't just let go of the resolve. I relaxed my guard last time - I won't make that mistake again I know you have it in you to hold onto your resolve as well. I do understand the concern - and I know I'm not Wonder Woman, but I have faith, experience, understanding, determination, and support here. Besides if I really didn't think I could maintain I'd be in fear of even trying - I'm not trying anymore - I'm doing.

I'm feeling so much better physically and I have another ~60 lbs to go. It's exciting to think about the future. I'm looking forward to exercising starting in the new year and building up my endurance slowly of course. I really am a couch potato right now, but back in the day I used to do daily YMCA workouts etc. This is going to be great!

Last edited by Halfagain; 12-15-2012 at 11:31 PM.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:55 AM   #10  
Started IP 4/23/12

S/C/G: 232/129/132

Height: 5'3"

Lisa, I know what you are feeling. I too am scared to death of maintenance. My biggest loss before was 60 lbs and I was at my heaviest before I started IP. It has been quite awhile since I have dieted because you feel like such a failure when you gain the weight back. BUT I really understand now that carbs are the culprit and I need to stay away from them. I am not ready to phase off yet and won't until after the Holidays so I can avoid the temptations even if I continue to lose. I have never been this thin in my adult life and I am loving it so I have to stay this way. This forum helps so much and we have to stay on here for years to come! Good luck everyone!
Old 12-16-2012, 07:46 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
It's funny you should say that. I had posted my progress pictures on facebook and got a LOT of questions about what i was doing to lose the weight. Every time I found myself hesitating to respond - because IP is SO "easy" in terms of no working out, and meal planning around packets, I thought people might downplay my success as being "too easy".

But the truth is that's ALL coming from ME. Maybe it's a defense mechanism that goes along with fear of failure - I'm afraid of failure so if I DO fail, I can say the diet was too easy and I failed because I didn't really work for it.

How untrue is THAT statement???? I may not be sweating at the gym, but I have sweat through temptation after temptation, and conquered every one. I have stepped out of my food comfort zone and learned to love veggies I had never tried before. I HAVE worked - it may be more INTERNAL than EXTERNAL work, but it's still tough and still WORTH SOMETHING. We need to dismiss the LIE that just because this is a fast weight loss, that our efforts aren't worth as much.
Scorbett I just wanted to say I love the way you put things. I have a problem verbalizing my feelings in small concise sentences, which is a little funny cause in person I am quiet the talker who shares almost anything with anybody and is known to say it like it is, but you really have a great way of getting what you mean across and I for one appreciate it You are absolutely right that internally and mentally it was and is hard at times and We should not over look that. As Lisa said so well it may be my fear of failure using the ease of this diet as an excuse for later if I need it. Plus if it was really that easy wouldn't everyone be doing it?

Last edited by MonicaKolesnik; 12-16-2012 at 07:48 AM.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:53 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
I see no reason that this determination will just go away when we get to goal - if we don't just let go of the resolve. I relaxed my guard last time - I won't make that mistake again I know you have it in you to hold onto your resolve as well. I do understand the concern - and I know I'm not Wonder Woman, but I have faith, experience, understanding, determination, and support here. Besides if I really didn't think I could maintain I'd be in fear of even trying - I'm not trying anymore - I'm doing.

I'm feeling so much better physically and I have another ~60 lbs to go. It's exciting to think about the future. I'm looking forward to exercising starting in the new year and building up my endurance slowly of course. I really am a couch potato right now, but back in the day I used to do daily YMCA workouts etc. This is going to be great!
Hey! Me too! Doing! ~60 to go. Re-starting exercise in the new year. Used to be a daily gym work outer. Current couch potato. Not alone!!!!

Quote:
Plus if it was really that easy wouldn't everyone be doing it?
OMG. DH used to say this to me when I was working on my last degree (EdS in Ed Admin for any teachers in the room). It was quite the motivator!

Last edited by lisa32989; 12-16-2012 at 09:54 AM.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:02 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 210/145/145

Height: 5'4"

Ditto for all that is said!

To me what feels different about this "diet" is that it feels to me like a lifestyle change. Eating around the carbs has become easier and easier after 20 wks. I don't want other people's fries or hamburger buns or potatoes. I am a bit worried about not letting it become an everyday thing but I think if I consider it weekend food things might be more manageable. This style of eating seems more probable for success than any other diet I have seen.

Lossing the weight, any amount of weight, is a success even when not at goal. Any gain back is a slip up and can be corrected quickly by returning to phase 1, it is not a failure!!

You are the BEST and most successful group of 'losers' I have ever chatted with. YOU are strong and YOU can do this!

Old 12-16-2012, 11:57 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 178/170/140

Height: 5'2"

I agree with those of you who worry a little about finishing IP. I, for one, cannot imagine going back to burgers and fries ever again. I'm not tempted at all by other people's food right now. (yes, IP does a great ob of curing cravings!) what scares me is that I will have a really difficult time adding carbs back into my diet and I want to be sure to be balanced in what I eat after IP because I am never, ever gaining this weight back. I am so grateful to all of you. I read these threads every day and you are all so inspirational. I am amazed how long you have all have done this plan with such fabulous results, but, mostly, i am impressed with how supportive and positive you are of and for one another! You all are truly a beautiful bunch. I just wanted to say Thank You because even though I haven't been on here long or posted much, I feel that I've benefitted so much from all of you. Whenever anyone asks me what I'm doing, I tell them all about IP, but I also tell them about this amazing 3fc forum. I can't imagine doing this alone without my virtual support group! Thanks again, all!
Old 12-16-2012, 12:20 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy56 View Post
I agree with those of you who worry a little about finishing IP. I, for one, cannot imagine going back to burgers and fries ever again. I'm not tempted at all by other people's food right now. (yes, IP does a great ob of curing cravings!) what scares me is that I will have a really difficult time adding carbs back into my diet and I want to be sure to be balanced in what I eat after IP because I am never, ever gaining this weight back. I am so grateful to all of you. I read these threads every day and you are all so inspirational. I am amazed how long you have all have done this plan with such fabulous results, but, mostly, i am impressed with how supportive and positive you are of and for one another! You all are truly a beautiful bunch. I just wanted to say Thank You because even though I haven't been on here long or posted much, I feel that I've benefitted so much from all of you. Whenever anyone asks me what I'm doing, I tell them all about IP, but I also tell them about this amazing 3fc forum. I can't imagine doing this alone without my virtual support group! Thanks again, all!
Cindy: I lurked for over a month on 3fc-IP before I started IP and before I said a word here. I learned SO MUCH so I think I "get" what you are saying. I stick with the inspirational folks.
There are people who don't come here anymore (or not much) because they don't want to see negativity (complaints about slow losses, repeated inquiries about how to tweak the diet to lose more, generally newbies who come in & don't read/learn first, and more...we even had someone who came in who it seemed WANTED to start controversy about our plan!).

It frustrates me, too and I'm glad there are others on 3fc-IP who have more patience than I, who can deal with these folks, as I am learning to leave them alone. But I can't leave here. I need this place right now. And I need all of you! Thanks for being here and thanks for being 100%. I needed to know it can be done without cheating
Closed Thread