Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 11:51 AM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Default Nurturing the nuts...

Hi everyone. I know this sounds lame compared to other people's problems that have been posted on the previous nurturing thread but I need a big hug today.

My cat has been declining over the weekend and I took her to the vet's first thing this morning. She had cancer and the doctor told me that at her advanced age (17 years) that it was better to let her go. So I had to put her to sleep - I know she is better off but it still breaks my heart to see her go.

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 09-22-2003 at 11:58 AM.
Old 09-22-2003, 12:03 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, sweetie... I'm so very sorry. That is not lame at all, and don't you apologize. She was a very great part of your life... love and hugs...
Put some photos of her around your apartment for a while... she's still with you.
Old 09-22-2003, 12:25 PM   #3  
In Control: E+R=O

Oh Mauvais, my heart cries for you. Hon, this is not lame at all! Your loss is significant, our pets are important members of our family. I know how hard it is to say goodbye to a beloved pet, I still miss my cocker girl Chelsie that I said good-bye to over 3 years ago.

This last act of love, while excrutiatingly hard for you, was the most selfless act that you can do for a sick pet. You put her needs before your own, and released her from her pain and suffering.

Have you heard the story of the Rainbow Bridge? That wonderful peaceful place where our pets go to wait for the day that we join them? If not, I'll post the story for you when I get home from work tonight (I don't have it here at work).

She will be with you forever, in your heart. And she may visit you again. Don't think I'm crazy, but I have "seen" or rather sensed my sweet Chelsie girl visiting me when I needed her.

Old 09-22-2003, 12:37 PM   #4  
it's the getting up

Mauvais, so sorry to hear about your loss. It's so true that our pets are just as part of our families as anyone else. But, you did the right thing even though it was painful, that took a lot of heart. Take care of yourself....lots of hugs.
Old 09-22-2003, 12:42 PM   #5  
In Control: E+R=O

OK, I couldn't wait until I get home tonight.....I did a search and found the story for you....

RAINBOW BRIDGE

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
Old 09-22-2003, 01:02 PM   #6  
Spreadin' the luv.

Oh, darling, big hug to you today.

Our pets are like people to us, please don't feel shame in mourning - you've lost a long-time friend. I'll pray for you today...
Old 09-22-2003, 01:08 PM   #7  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Sorry hon. It's not lame. You had her a very long time, and it is heartbreaking.
Old 09-22-2003, 01:48 PM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Aw, Mauvais. I feel so sad for you! I know too well how it feels even though you know you spared the poor furry a lot of suffering. ((((C))))
Old 09-22-2003, 03:06 PM   #9  

Thanks for your support everyone. I have been okay at work today but every so often I feel weepy. It is going to be hard to go home tonight and not have her little face greet me at the door as she always does.

Thanks for the story twodog...although it made me cry....it did help a little...
Old 09-22-2003, 03:31 PM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

"Rainbow Bridge" is supposed to make you cry, my dear. That's why it helps.
Old 09-22-2003, 06:28 PM   #11  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

I am SO sorry that you had to do that Mauvais. You did the ABSOLUTE right thing, but it sure doesn't make it any easier. She was part of your family, and of COURSE you feel sad. I'm very sorry for your loss sweetie. Wish you could have gone home instead of to work afterwards.
Old 09-22-2003, 07:07 PM   #12  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I'm sorry sweetie. I know how it is. >>hugs<<
Old 09-22-2003, 09:26 PM   #13  
WW Moderator

Aww, Sorry Mauvais, I lost my dog Spot when I was pregnant with Cody. I've never had the heart to have another pet until recently. I know it hurts, and the pain is just as real as if she were a person. I hope you'll heal soon.
Old 09-22-2003, 10:54 PM   #14  

Thanks Den, Jessica and Jennifer.

I don't think it has fully sunk in yet since I was busy at work, went to WW and then to a rock concert so I have been holding up all day purely from distraction.

It was weird coming home to an empty house tonight and it will probably be harder when I get up tomorrow morning.
Old 09-23-2003, 08:18 AM   #15  

Height: 5'-2"

Mauvais, how are you doing this morning, sweetie? Thinking about you...
Closed Thread