Old 12-13-2012, 04:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

Default Those pesky last 10 pounds

I had my 11 Week weigh in yesterday, lost another 3 pounds. I am 12 pounds from goal, but coach thinks less, I still have a VERY big tummy compared to the rest of my body.

So coach thinks may be 5 to 7 pounds to go. She goes by fat percentage not by the scale.

So she has given me 28 days till Jan 9th, she is confident that I can get to my goal at that point.

I am going to be 100% OP, 28 days I can do anything.

Determination all the way!

Did the Firms Jiggle Free Arms this morning.
sonyainva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:02 PM   #2  

Height: magmeepEVE

Congrats, Sonya on the great loss! Amazing! Good luck with the last pounds. I hope your stomach area decides it's time to hit the road and go away. That's my biggest area too, as you know. Maybe they can both go on a long, forever-gone trip together.
Starshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:13 PM   #3  

For me personally the stomach has to get flat so that when I do add pounds on the scale due to weight training I am not confused by the numbers.

Let's buy our tummies are a one way ticket to timbuktu
Old 12-13-2012, 09:55 PM   #4  

Height: magmeepEVE

I agree, I want my stomach flat too. I so hope I can get it! And Timbuktu! I'll have to ask my stomach if she wants to go.

Best of luck getting to your goal, Sonya!
Starshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:02 PM   #5  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

It's been so long since I exercised. I'm wondering if the remaining belly buldge isn't also because I can't do 5 sit-ups in a row.
Fishette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:25 AM   #6  

I have started doing Jillian michael's six week six pack dvd

Fishette our bodies respond well to change, if you start doing situps within a few weeks you will see a lot of positive changes
Old 12-14-2012, 10:33 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/144/130

Height: 5'2''

I hear ya...This is my first post. I've been on IP since July 26, and have lost over 55 lbs. My original goal was to lose 50, but ideally I would like 20 more. These last 15 lbs are killing me...I'm cheating so much now and I'm not sure if I need to take a break or just push through it...the holidays are so hard....it's good to know I am not alone in this final push. I have my weigh in today and I know it won't be pretty...
laurava99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:53 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurava99 View Post
I hear ya...This is my first post. I've been on IP since July 26, and have lost over 55 lbs. My original goal was to lose 50, but ideally I would like 20 more. These last 15 lbs are killing me...I'm cheating so much now and I'm not sure if I need to take a break or just push through it...the holidays are so hard....it's good to know I am not alone in this final push. I have my weigh in today and I know it won't be pretty...
Talk to your coach, device a plan, recommit and finish strong
Old 12-14-2012, 01:02 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
It's been so long since I exercised. I'm wondering if the remaining belly buldge isn't also because I can't do 5 sit-ups in a row.
Very well could be, IMO. I think a lot of what we think of as belly budge is often lack of core body support. I used to do postural analysis reguarly. Not to get too technical, but when you lose your core body muscle support, your hips rotate forward and your back sways, poking your belly way out and resulting in a "belly pooch", and it makes your belly look much bigger. Pilates and yoga are a great fix.
Nolawhodatchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:39 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 175/See Ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

I only have 16 lbs left to go for my goal and I feel that I still have so much fat left on my body. I'm worried that I might need to go lower.

I hate that they ask you what your goal is, because I don't know what my goal should be based on my height and body fat %age. I would rather have it where the coach comes up with a realistic and healthy goal. I don't want too low of a body fat percentage, but we shall see.
IPbeginnerNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:54 PM   #11  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPbeginnerNOLA View Post
I only have 16 lbs left to go for my goal and I feel that I still have so much fat left on my body. I'm worried that I might need to go lower.

I hate that they ask you what your goal is, because I don't know what my goal should be based on my height and body fat %age. I would rather have it where the coach comes up with a realistic and healthy goal. I don't want too low of a body fat percentage, but we shall see.
Don't forget that goals are just goals - not hard and fast numbers. Goals can be adjusted up or down as you go along I started with an approximate goal weight for the size I wanted to get down to, then adjusted down because I hit the size two months before I thought I would!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:45 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPbeginnerNOLA View Post

Scorbett is right, you can always adjust your goal, also with your height 16 pounds will make a difference

Went to the store, asked to try a dress in size 10, loose, so tried 8, then on to a 6, it was good but since I have a few more pounds to go asked for a 4, they did not have it, but the mannequin was wearing a 2, tried it, it didn't zip near the boobs, but bought it anyways, it's a knockout and will give me the push I need
Old 12-16-2012, 06:49 AM   #13  

Day 4 of 28 being 100% op.

I have had fibrocystic breasts for a while, I noticed that I used to have a nasty knot on my left breast, walnut sized one, I cannot find it. Doing the happy dance.

My Tom is late and breasts are hurting so doing a castor oil pack, hoping whatever knots are still there will dissolve
Old 12-16-2012, 07:49 AM   #14  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

It's now the last 4 pounds for me. I'm pretty confident in my goal weight because I weighed this 6 years ago and felt very good. However, I noticed I'm a bit larger now in the waist than I was 6 years ago. On Tuesday I'm going to the fitness center where I work and get a fitness assessment and some advice on exercise. Before damaging so many joints over the years, I got my exercise from sports like racketball. I have never really gotten excited about just-put-the-time-in kinds of exercise.

Like someone said in another thread, I should not let my inner child decide my exercise.
Fishette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:38 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
It's now the last 4 pounds for me. I'm pretty confident in my goal weight because I weighed this 6 years ago and felt very good. However, I noticed I'm a bit larger now in the waist than I was 6 years ago. On Tuesday I'm going to the fitness center where I work and get a fitness assessment and some advice on exercise. Before damaging so many joints over the years, I got my exercise from sports like racketball. I have never really gotten excited about just-put-the-time-in kinds of exercise.

Like someone said in another thread, I should not let my inner child decide my exercise.
5'5 love your height and weight combo.

Yes my middle is big too, but mine has always been big. I am grateful that it is much smaller than when I weighed 160.

For me Jillian michaels six week six pack DVD seems to be helping