Old 12-04-2012, 12:56 PM   #1  
Back for a tweak

S/C/G: 120/115/110

Height: 5'0"

Default New Phase 3 IP Meal Replacement!! YAY!

Just got back from my first Phase 3 check in (no gain, YAY!) and my Coach had just gotten a box of Phase 3 Meal Replacement shakes. They are not pre-made, you have to shake em up, but they aren't just protein - they are also fats, carbs, etc - a full meal replacement. The only thing I can remember is that they are 230 calories. I haven't had one yet - they are chocolate flavour. You can use them for breakfast, lunch or dinner. For me it will be a lunch life-saver since I've been having Phase 1 lunches anyway cause I'm not crazy about having more meat for lunch. I can see using these in maintenance too.

SO HAPPY!!!!
slow2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:08 PM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

Are these an IP product or something your coach is selling independently?

It seems an odd direction for IP to take for Phase 3, which originally was weaning us off IP food.

On the other hand, 8oz (30 to 40g) protein at both lunch and dinner along with the 25g or more at breakfast and the 15 to 18g in a snack is quite a lot for a transition phase to maintenance.

Glad you have found something that might work for you.

Last edited by infoplease; 12-04-2012 at 06:13 PM.
infoplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:25 PM   #3  
Back for a tweak

Brand new Ideal Protein Product - I'm eternally grateful for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by infoplease View Post

It seems an odd direction for IP to take for Phase 3, which originally was weaning us off IP food.

On the other hand, 8oz (30 to 40g) protein at both lunch and dinner along with the 25g or more at breakfast and the 15 to 18g in a snack is quite a lot for a transition phase to maintenance.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:39 PM   #4  

Height: magmeepEVE

I'd love to see the nutrition info on this. So glad you found this one!
Starshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:44 AM   #5  

any other info about this? Not finding it online...
karikitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:54 AM   #6  
Back for a tweak

My Coach sent me this info - but she is going from memory as she isn't at her office - 220 cals, 22 grams protein, she thinks it's 9 grams of carbs and 6 grams of fat. I'm pretty sure the cals and protein are correct, the carbs and fat may be a little off - or maybe not.

You shake it with 300 mL of water - makes a big thick chocolate shake. I use them fairly regularly when I know I'm not going to be sitting down for a meal.

Maybe it's just something they are trying out with the Canadian market for now?

Last edited by slow2lose; 12-13-2012 at 10:59 AM.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:38 AM   #7  

ok I did just find a mention of it, available in 3 flavors

http://www.idealprotein.com/ca/ideal...-products?c=22
karikitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 265/233.7/220

Height: 5"11

IP is in the business to make money. (Not that there is anything wrong with that...)

Quote:

az365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:10 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by az365 View Post
IP is in the business to make money. (Not that there is anything wrong with that...)
Yeah, kind of a bad business model to wean your dieters off all your products, but a nice mission from an ethical standpoint.

This looked like a Canada only product for now.

Perhaps IP is going in the direction of Healthwise and Proti in starting to market products to cancer patients that need to gain weight or need an easily digestible source of calories (although the use of artificial sweenters for that subgroup is questionable to me) as well as diet patients looking for meal replacement for ease of compliance, or just trying to get their products used for many different medical situations.

I had this pollyanna view that IP was a stepping stone to getting people back to eating whole (unprocessed/minimally processed) foods. Unfortunately, if that were wildly successful, they couldn't stay in business. Unless they opened a bunch of restaurants that served meals following the phases. How cool would that be?
Old 12-13-2012, 10:03 PM   #10  
Back for a tweak

Quote:
Yeah, kind of a bad business model to wean your dieters off all your products, but a nice mission from an ethical standpoint.

This looked like a Canada only product for now.

Perhaps IP is going in the direction of Healthwise and Proti in starting to market products to cancer patients that need to gain weight or need an easily digestible source of calories (although the use of artificial sweenters for that subgroup is questionable to me) as well as diet patients looking for meal replacement for ease of compliance, or just trying to get their products used for many different medical situations.

I had this pollyanna view that IP was a stepping stone to getting people back to eating whole (unprocessed/minimally processed) foods. Unfortunately, if that were wildly successful, they couldn't stay in business. Unless they opened a bunch of restaurants that served meals following the phases. How cool would that be?
My Coach fully admits that IP wants you to continue purchasing products on maintenance. They say you don't have to use IP products for the one Phase 1 day per week but I know I will be. On my last visit to my Coach - first day of maintenance - I bought $120 worth of food for one month. 4 days worth of P1 foods, lots of restricted snacks and some P3 meal replacements. I can see me spending $100 a month on IP foods for the foreseeable future - am I the only one doing this?
Old 12-14-2012, 12:25 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow2lose View Post
My Coach fully admits that IP wants you to continue purchasing products on maintenance. They say you don't have to use IP products for the one Phase 1 day per week but I know I will be. On my last visit to my Coach - first day of maintenance - I bought $120 worth of food for one month. 4 days worth of P1 foods, lots of restricted snacks and some P3 meal replacements. I can see me spending $100 a month on IP foods for the foreseeable future - am I the only one doing this?
Nope, you are not the only one doing this.

At first I tried a lot of different alternatives to see if I could find stuff I liked. So far, not so great for my wallet, because I can't find a replacement for the IP chocolate drink mix that I can stand. I like to use that before and after workout, plus on P1 days along with the strawberry wafers (which I will trade out for the Proti dark chocolate and vanilla). My clinic no longer carries IP, so I stocked up on some IP at half price plus bought some of the new products to try at my last monthly visit.