South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 06:58 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Terrific Tuesday Dec, 12 on the Beach

Good morning and I see Cottage, Cindy and TwynnB online so we may have several starts to today's daily.

I'm going to post this to see if I can be first!
Old 12-11-2012, 07:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning sunshine!

Just got off the bike, time to get chili in the crock pot then off to work. I thought Thursday would be slow, and it was not....will today be the same?!? I started watching a hallmark movie on the bike, and now I'll have to finish while cooking!!
Old 12-11-2012, 07:22 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I was distracted by the little dog eying the cat food, while the cats were still eating. She thought better of it and sat and waited until they walked away.

Just another day here. It's day 9 of the countdown to time off. Yes, I really need a vacation! Not much happening here. We decided to skip a large work party Friday night so w could go see The Hobbit. That will give us a quiet, at home Saturday, something we don't do enough of.

DD had her first wedding meltdown yesterday. Apparently a "friend" looked at the dress pics and told her she liked the other dress she tried on last week better. Really? After she already bought this one. I was not amused. After much texting and a long talk in the evening all is well again. Hope this is the last one for awhile. She has been so grounded throughout this process until now.

I'm getting better at getting some movement in every day. It's not serious exercise yet but at least I'm making time to move. Slow but steady progress. Some day my ticker and I will speak again.

Now for another cup of coffee
Old 12-11-2012, 07:23 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

Twynn, good morning. I must get back to making chili - it's so comforting in cold weather, not to mention quick to reheat. Hope your day is easier than last Thursday.

Today is a more normal day weatherwise with sunshine and temps just below freezing. Yesterday's casserole of snow, ice and rain has melted away. I did get out after gym to do a little shopping and it was messy driving but OK. I got home about 3 and was just settling in to wrap and cook when friend Karen and her big Golden arrived. We drank tea and chatted while the dogs had a ball. They sure know how to party. Karen stayed for dinner which I had organized in the morning - luckily there was enough. It was a lovely lamb pilaf, a recipe from the 1960's and still delicious.

So my To Do list is still pretty long but it was good to spend time together. Karen was raised in several foster care families and never had a "real" mother so I now have an extra 46 year old daughter.

Wrapping must be finished today and before I close the box to go out West, I want to include some Christmas baking. Guess I'd better get off my butt and just do it.

Fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la !
Old 12-11-2012, 07:28 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

Hi Cyndi. Smart wee doggie!. Never take on a cat little girlie dog. I thought your DD looked great in the wedding gown. Stupid "friend" to make that comment after the gown was chosen. I hope she is not going to be a bridesmaid. When is the wedding? By the way, my ticker is true - I just don't show it all the time.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:32 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

The wedding is August 10. No question that dress was made for DD. The other dress looked nice but couldn't hold a candle to the one she chose (the one that is staying in my front room!). No bridal party luckily, it's all very low key.

Just found a new recipe to try this week (I'm still on my cooking binge). Should be easy to beachify this Sante Fe Chicken. I'm thinking leftovers will be excellent in ww tortillas.

(and it was two cats with a potential walkway in between and an unguarded dish on the other side )

Last edited by CyndiM; 12-11-2012 at 07:37 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:35 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Cyndi - Thanks for sharing the photo.

I'm going to skip yoga today Seems I re-aggravated my left leg, the one that was a problem for almost a year after a minor calf strain. So I am trying to be smart. Haven't done any cardio in the past few days either and actually really miss it!

I work this afternoon. Not much else going on here.

Have a great day, all.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:21 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning chatty chicks.....Cyndi I am glad you were able to calm your daughter. It is so sad when friends say things hopefully without thinking.

Tammy I love the Hallmark Channel too. Miss "nice"television shows

Karen I hope your leg feels better

Ruth that is so sweet you think of Karen that way. I hope after I retire to mentor a child. I would like to be a big sister to someone. I really do not have the time to commit right now, but hope to in the future. If you get a chance read The Invisible Thread. Based on a true story, it clearly shows the impact one person can have on someone's life.

Slow start to the day here. Will ride (very motivated after last night's meeting). Later hope to finish my shopping then to Joe's for dinner and tree trimming.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:35 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Getting ready for the 8 a.m. call, it is cold outside brrrr.

I am going for a facial after work bought a groupon several months ago but couldn't get the nerve up to call and schedule....silly me

Awana tonight as well...

Enjoy your day!!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 10:31 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning. Yes, it's still morning, I just checked! I had to run out for an early hairdresser appointment, and now I'm taking a short breather at home before going out to the farm, where I'm staying overnight since Cindy & Richard won't be home til late. I'll have to be up and ready to leave very early tomorrow morning, though, since Jake has an appointment in center city and wants me to go with him. I am not looking forward to that drive in the rush-hour traffic.

Cyndi, I think Tiffany's gown is gorgeous and perfect for her. I love it. Well meaning friends can be so thoughtless at times, but this is Tiffany's wedding and her day.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:55 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 256/219/165

Height: 5'6"

Hi all! I hope you don't mind me joining your little party. I've been doing SB for quite a while now but I've been plateauing for a while and really want to get down to business and get this weight off. I've been fighting the same 10 pounds for months now and figured some additional support would be great.

I'm getting married in June and then we are off to the South Caribbean for our honeymoon. I'd really like to look great in my dress and then be comfortable in shorts and (eeek) a bathing suit on our honeymoon. We are also planning to do quite a bit of walking on our honeymoon and I need to be able to keep up with my fiance.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone better!

Gabby
Old 12-11-2012, 10:44 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Just popping in to say hello. Hope everyone is doing well.

Cyndi - Sorry to hear that DD had a meltdown. If that's her first one, she's doing quite well. The important thing is which dress SHE likes most, not her friend...and she looked absolutely STUNNING in the picture you posted yesterday. So you tell her a complete internet stranger thinks her friend is nuts.

Gabby - Welcome to the site!!! Jump right on in...the daily thread is one of the best ways to keep yourself accountable, IMO. Good luck and congratulations on your impending nuptials!!!
Old 12-12-2012, 06:00 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

to Gabbysews. Glad to see you join the site and also our daily thread.

Natasha, I love reading your post before I start the new daily thread! Hope your evening was good, even if you had to work.
Closed Thread