Old 12-05-2012, 05:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/186/145

Height: 5'4

Default I am ASHAMED

I am so ashamed that I recently came back with a new name on the forum because I don't want anyone to know I failed and gained 30 pounds back!!

At least it wasn't' the full 70 right? That's what I keep telling myself. I KNOW what it was to look like and feel AMAZING and yet somehow, work caught up to me, FOOD caught up to me and I stopped exercising. I remember how I felt and yet I still can't get back in the groove completely and I tried to figure out what was missing...and then I realized, it's 3FC!!

I think not staying accountable and joining little challenges is the problem. I need to have some place to check in everyday...so here I am. Back at em. Still too ashamed to show my face but alas...let's hope I can get back to goal and realize that I CAN KEEP IT OFF for longer than a year in a half. I CAN do this for LIFE. WORK should NEVER be an excuse. I just want my healthy fit and killer leg self back. =(

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you lovely ladies and helping each other reach our goals!
MakeItHappen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome back and good luck. You are not the only one to lose and regain, I did it over and over before I finally was able to maintain for a significant period of time, many on these forums have done it , too, But you are back and you can do it, this can be the last time of starting over.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:25 AM   #3  

Thank you SO much for your encouraging words!!! Truly feels good to let it out and admit I fell down and am now in the process of dusting myself off!
Old 12-05-2012, 07:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/124

Height: 5'2

Welcome back and there is no need to be ashamed ! There are a lot of men and women on this forum who have gained their weight back! We are not here to judge you but help you!

You lost those pounds before and you can do it again.

Join us in the 5 pound challenge to kick start that lost!

Last edited by Fatness; 12-05-2012 at 07:26 AM.
Fatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:58 AM   #5  

I think almost everyone who has tried to lose weight has had this problem
I know I have! Try not being ashamed of yourself. Rather, try and be proud that you are back.
TheLauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:54 AM   #6  

You guys ARE so much nicer on me than I am on myself> For the past month I've just been kicking my own arse instead of getting up and DOING Something about it!! It feels good to talk about it and get it out there, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Now where is this 5lb challenge?
Old 12-05-2012, 10:30 AM   #7  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back and good luck on your journey!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:37 AM   #8  
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Hey girl, You'll be back down in no time, I gained and lost 30 lbs myself, and gained it back and now i'm back trying to lose it again! good luck and keep going. Its difficult but you will make it if you make an effort each day.
cheeriloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:48 AM   #9  
1500 Max!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/119

Height: 5'6"

That's so sad that you changed your name cos you were ashamed. We're not judgmental here. I myself lost five stone but then put three and a half back on. As you say, at least it is not the whole amount. Focus on feeling good about yourself whilst also being disciplined and slowly but surely the weight will come off. We will all support you. Welcome back to the forum!
LucyOlivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:03 AM   #10  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Just remember, you are not 'starting over' because you already did a great job losing the 70 pounds and you have kept 40 of those pounds off! Some people (myself included in the past) put ALL of their weight back on -- plus many additional pounds. Having to 'Start over' would have entailed having to lose those 70 pounds again. You just had a setback... and by no means not a failure. You just have to get back on track -- which you've already started to do. You've lost those 30 pounds before, so you can most certainly do it again!

What I have come to accept is that I will need to step on a scale every day as part of the way to keep myself accountable. (For me its everyday, but I realize that others weigh themselves less often, like once a week, otherwise the fluctuations would drive them crazy!) But my point is, if I do that, the weight will never be able to creep up. I will be able to nip any lapses in diet in the bud!
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:06 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/155

Height: 5'10"

Welcome back! And just like everyone's said before me, we've ALL been there, girl!! The last time I lost the weight, I was able to lose 26lbs and only had 16 more to go before I stopped.... Like you, I blamed work, relocating, yada yada yada... And not only did I gain those 26 back, I packed on an extra 41 within the next year. So I've got a loooong way to go back. But all I can do is restart, right? Good luck to us both!!
Lakilaulea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:37 AM   #12  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

There's no need to feel ashamed! The important thing is that you're back and not giving up.
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:04 AM   #13  

Thank you SO SO much, everyone. Truly your words have REALLY helped me!!! Trying to remember I'm not "starting over" is something that has been pushing me through the last few days. I am happy that I have been doing very well the past week and can't wait to weigh-in tomorrow.

It is also reassuring to know others have been in this same place before me and succeeded!
Old 12-10-2012, 10:34 AM   #14  

S/C/G: Pant Size 12/6/4

Height: 5'2"

Right there with you - although I did not change my name on here, this is my first post being back again...

I gained 30 lbs back and now am down 7lbs already. Going on a cruise in Feb so need to get them off! Can we also discuss how difficult that will be over christmas?! I've given myself 2 cheat meals (christmas brunch and work party) other than that its all hands on deck, do not pass go, do NOT pick up that chocolate.

Now to go change my ticker...
Harriette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:42 PM   #15  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

I just want to echo there is nothing to be ashamed of! I lost 50 pounds with the help of 3FC back in 2005/2006, I regained it all PLUS a lot! I definitely felt awful about it, ashamed, but I knew how the people on 3FC would related and welcome me back with open arms, and of course they did -- and now I'm the smallest I've ever been in my life!

Welcome back. It happens! Do not beat yourself up about it. The past is gone, as long as we learn from it is all that matters!!!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote