Old 12-08-2012, 01:00 PM   #1  
Restart Apr 8 2013

S/C/G: 218.6/207.6/141

Height: 5'6.5"

Default Hot and Sour Soup, Have an IP Recipe???

There are so many great cooks here, and in searching the forum, I didn't see a recipe posted yet, but I thought someone might have one??? Please...
Thanks!!!
libertybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:41 PM   #2  

I hope someone has one! I haven't seen one and my DH has a carton from a restaurant sitting in the refrig!!!
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:02 PM   #3  

Hi there, I am brand-new to both IP and also to the 3fatschicks forum, so hopefully this recipe is right for your phase of the diet, as I say I am just learning....it will take up your evening meal's protein as it is written with tofu, guess you could sub some shrimp or whatever you like!

From what I know of previous experiences eating hot and sour soup...it gets flavour from toasted sesame oil, which I thinkn is not allowed? Perhaps there is a 0/0/0 sesame extract flavour you could use? If not, I am sure this is better than eating a takeout version!
The only other thing I was not sure about was the stock/broth....if you make your own, though, with allowed veggies and maybe a 0/0/0 herb boilluion soup cube it's o.k.? Someone will know! It's from a veggie cookbook, I am a pescetarian (vegetarian but eat some fish and seafoods) Hope this helps!

Hot and Sour Ginger Soup
Makes four-six servings

3 tbsp. fresh ginger, grated
.5 cup shiitake or oyster mushrooms, chopped
4 cups vegetable stock
.5 tsp. red pepper flakes
3 Tbsp. rice vinegar
1 Tbsp. Tamari sauce or soy sauce
.5 lb. (225 grms) firm tofu, cubed
20 snow peas pods, ends removed

In a large soup pot on medium-low hwat, saute the ginger and the mushrooms, in 1 Tbsp. oil for 1-2 minutes, stirring often to prevent burning. Add the soup stock and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low again. Simmer for 3-5 minutes. Turn off heat, add vinegar, tamari , tofu and snow peas. Cover with lid and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
ThinkthinInCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:09 PM   #4  
Restart Apr 8 2013

S/C/G: 218.6/207.6/141

Height: 5'6.5"

Thank you!!! It is very similar to the one I made up. I am going to try this one, too! Will let you know the results!!!
libertybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:13 PM   #5  

Awesome, love helping and HATE to see anyone go without (a vervion of!) something thye desire to eat! Let us know if it's a "keeper"!
ThinkthinInCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:32 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

THANK YOU!!! I went on a quest when I 1st started IP for hot and sour soup and then forgot all about it. I must check this out, it's one of my faves!!
NinjaNurse is offline   Reply With Quote