Old 12-07-2012, 02:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: Goal 145

Height: 5'4"

Default IP Alternative Products

Hi Eveyrone,

I would like to start exploring IP Plan Alternatives. I know there is a lengthy archived IP Alternative post but it is very difficult to weed through.

Can people post brands, sizes, purchase places of products they are using in place of the IP products that they are successful with.

In addition, I read that the same company that makes IP products also makes the products under another name.

Thanks,
Dawn
DawnK31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:35 PM   #2  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:36 PM   #3  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:39 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnK31 View Post
Hi Eveyrone,

I would like to start exploring IP Plan Alternatives. I know there is a lengthy archived IP Alternative post but it is very difficult to weed through.

Can people post brands, sizes, purchase places of products they are using in place of the IP products that they are successful with.

In addition, I read that the same company that makes IP products also makes the products under another name.

Thanks,
Dawn
Those of us here for a while have all weeded through this forum. That's how we learned! Pull up a seat, get comfy and dig in!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:44 PM   #5  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Those of us here for a while have all weeded through this forum. That's how we learned! Pull up a seat, get comfy and dig in!
Exactly. It can be a bit of a chore, but you learn so much. Searching helps too, it's not perfect, but it does help a lot.

Good luck finding the alternatives you need!
Starshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:01 PM   #6  
Restart 4/1/19

S/C/G: 226.8/190.0/140

Height: 5' 5"

Everyone's tastes are different, but these are the products that I use regularly. I order them from Nashua, I bought the lifetime membership which gives you 10% off of every order.

HealthSmart Cold Drink - Chocolate Drink (7/Box)
HealthSmart Oatmeal - Maple Brown Sugar (7/Box)
HealthSmart Pancakes - Blueberry (7/Box)
HealthSmart Protein Bar - Peanut Butter (7/Box)
HealthSmart Pudding & Shake - Cheesecake (7/Box)
ProtiDiet Dessert - Chocolate Fudge Cake (7/Box)
ProtiDiet Protein Bar Square - Raspberry Dark Chocolate (7/Box)
ProtiDiet Soup - Chicken Flavor (7/Box)
Proti-Thin Protein Wafer Squares - Dark Chocolate (5/Box, 2 Squares/Serving)
Proti-Thin Protein Wafer Squares - Vanilla (5/Box, 2 Squares/Serving)
Proti-Thin Soup - Broc N Cheese (7/Box)
Weight Loss Systems Pudding - Lemon (7/Box)
Weight Loss Systems Smoothie - Berry Yogurt (7/Box)
Weight Loss Systems Smoothie - Strawberry Yogurt (7/Box)

I have tried some other ones, but these are my regulars. I found a lot of the WLS puddings to be really chalky which I didn't like, but the lemon one is not bad.

Last edited by Bella73123; 12-07-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Bella73123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:02 PM   #7  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I know it's tempting to ask for a "Reader's Digest Condensed" or "Best of" version of the archived thread, but the fact is that to compile such a document would take lot more time and effort than it would to simply trudge through what's already available.

Last edited by kaplods; 12-07-2012 at 03:04 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:04 PM   #8  

I got through to about page 6 of the alternatives thread but was hoping to develop a worksheet listing the products. Much of the issue is that I have a massive allergy to Sunflower oil which is in many of the products listed in the posts.

I did find a blog in the interim of an IP alternative plan user who created a spreadsheet which including bars, shakes, supplements, etc. I am going to add to that in the hopes of finding products that will work.

I found the same vanilla waifers and chocolate soy balls on Nashua Nutrition as the IP Vanilla Crisp. In addition, I was previousy using the WW Pure Protein bars and shakes, which I liked a lot. I was searching for a cappucino flavored cold shake like the IP Program has but then I read a suggestion on the blog I found to use a chocolate shake and a Starbucks Via. I'll use the Folgers decaf granules and the shake will be under $2.50 a piece.

I can see many people use EAS, Pure Protein, Muscle Milk, ProtiDiet, ProtiThin, but many are not compatible because of my allergy. I am hoping someone has the name of the company that makes the IP products under a different name.

Thanks,
Dawn
Old 12-07-2012, 03:06 PM   #9  

Thanks Bella, that is exactly what I was looking for! I will research and add to my spreadsheet for comparision.

Kaplods, I understand the length of time involved. However, I have the time and the spreadsheet which will allow me to catalog responses. I am quite computer saving and pulling from the post here will be much less than getting through 15 pages of post.

Thanks,
D.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:06 PM   #10  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Hi, I have been weeding through the threads for a while, as my mother is doing IP and I have been doing something between IP and South Beach Diet. I have used many of the alternative products, but never any actual IP products.

Here is one thing that might be helpful if you want products that are exactly the same as IP. I read through that thread a while back and copied this (so it is NOT from my own experience), from Alternative products that are the SAME as IP products , post #69:

Quote:
Proi-thin products: sea salt & vinagar, chocolate soy puffs, chocolate peanut bar, caramel nut bar, Vanilla peanut bars (look at the pic on Nashua Nutrition and on the IP website. It's exatly the same pic! lol)
Proti-diet: white chedar snacks
New Lifestyle: chocolate and Vanilla RTD
Dr Bernstiiens: Chocolate and vanilla RTD (canada only?)
Premier Nutrition: Chocolate and Vanilla RTD (bigger serving size, so be careful. avalable @ costco)
I don't think there is one company that makes IP products under a different name.

If you want to explore alternatives in general...
You don't say what country you are from, but if you are from the U.S., I would start with the Nashua Nutrition and Diet Direct websites. There is also a website for Plain Protein that will have the actual IP products (this site has a seriously weird home page and I have never used it but others here have said it works). All ingredients are listed for each product.

If you are from Canada, there is a thread here specifically for people ordering from there. Other countries, I am not sure.

What I did, since I ordered in the U.S., was order first from Diet Direct all the sampler packs. They have a WonderSlim (which = "Weight Loss Systems" products at Nashua) sampler pack, a pudding/shake sampler pack and 2 bar sampler packs (Nashua has the bar sampler packs as well), so I figured out from that what I loved and what I would never order again. It was fun. Then I tried a few things based on people's recommendations here and have had some hits and some misses. I keep track of everything I have tried, and my notes about each item, and the document is now 6 pages long.

Beyond your sunflower oil allergy, everything is going to be personal taste anyway, so I think you just have to get in there and try things. I have seen so many things be someone's favorite and another's least favorite.

One thing that comes up frequently as a favorite, but I haven't tried yet, is the
WonderSlim Cheesecake (or here). No sunflower oil listed.

Have fun!
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:32 PM   #11  
A Healthier Weigh

S/C/G: 192/174/150

Height: 5'5

Great info. Thanks everyone. I too hate searching through extensively long threads.
AZ247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:07 AM   #12  

Everything I eat is from plainprotein or protidiet. Plus the eas shakes

You'll have to do the work to find what's ok with your allergy
southern is offline   Reply With Quote