Old 12-06-2012, 01:49 PM   #1  

Default HUNGRY...a bit shaky...almost to goal?

Hello fellow IPers. I have been noticing that I am getting hungrier lately (earlier for lunch) and have even been a bit shaky. However, I have been more stressed out lately at work (I work as a social worker and this time of year is seriously crazy!). I am also about 2-3lbs from goal and will begin phase 3 this weekend. I am just feeling a bit burned out with phase 1 and I feel like my body is getting weaker the last couple of days...perhaps because I have less weight to loose? Anyone else notice this as they got closer to goal? Is it because of stress and how it is impacting my body? Any advice/suggestions. I am so ready for a phase 3 breakfast.
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:10 PM   #2  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Are you doing phase 2 now? If not, you might want to try phase 2 before switching to phase 3. The additional calories from the phase 2 lunch might help with hunger and shakiness.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:13 PM   #3  

Height: 5'4"

My theory on this feeling was that it is because my body was (finally!) working the way it was supposed to, and quickly burning whatever fuel I was giving it. Stress is contributing in your situation, but being not just hungry but also shaky would seem to be blood sugar swings because there is no fuel.

You might truly just need more food. My suggestions would be to either add a non-restricted snack (or egg/egg whites) or do more of a Phase 2 couple of days by either replacing the lunch packet with 8 oz of meat/protein or supplementing the lunch packet with 4 oz of protein or add some eggs to breakfast (or a couple ounces of protein).

There was a poster in the maintenance thread who also felt terrible the last week of phase 1. Her weight/body fat is now a bit below where she would like it.
It might mean that 2 to 3 lbs to goal is actually too low for you. Maybe you are at goal now.

So, I would definitely add calories today and tomorrow in the form of either eggs, an additional nonrestricted packet or 4 oz protein equivalent or replacing lunch packet with 8 oz of protein.

When you get to P3 be sure you are doing a P2 lunch (8 oz protein instead of packet).

An additional extra packet is critical if you are exercising, or you will feel exactly as you describe (at least I did).
infoplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 169/140/135

Height: 5'2"

Wow! I am close to goal too and have been so hungry these past few days. I am also dizzy a lot lately. I wonder...
snolover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:21 PM   #5  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by snolover View Post
Wow! I am close to goal too and have been so hungry these past few days. I am also dizzy a lot lately. I wonder...
Dizzy can be from low blood pressure which can be from dehydration (according to the nurse at my doctor's office) so be sure you are at least getting the minimum of water in and the 1/2t of sea salt per day.
infoplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:28 AM   #6  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Without knowing more details I'm only guessing but generally speaking:

Feeling shaky is often a symptom of hypoglycemia. Given the context of the post this seems likely.

Feeling hungry all the time when you have very little to lose is very common. A large controller of hunger is leptin. The leaner you are the less letpin you have in your body. This is a big reason why it is very difficult to maintain a very low body fat level especially for women. This is also a key aspect of set point theory.

Generally speaking there are a couple things to consider. 1) When you don't have much weight to lose you need to lose it slowly. 2) Perhaps your goal weight is too low.

At a certain point focusing on weight is a fools game. Body composition is much more important in my opinion.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:19 AM   #7  
Restart 12/29/13

S/C/G: 172/160/135

Height: 5'2

LOVE your replies. They just make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
Without knowing more details I'm only guessing but generally speaking:

Feeling shaky is often a symptom of hypoglycemia. Given the context of the post this seems likely.

Feeling hungry all the time when you have very little to lose is very common. A large controller of hunger is leptin. The leaner you are the less letpin you have in your body. This is a big reason why it is very difficult to maintain a very low body fat level especially for women. This is also a key aspect of set point theory.

Generally speaking there are a couple things to consider. 1) When you don't have much weight to lose you need to lose it slowly. 2) Perhaps your goal weight is too low.

At a certain point focusing on weight is a fools game. Body composition is much more important in my opinion.
RN4Babies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:54 AM   #8  
A Healthier Weigh

S/C/G: 192/174/150

Height: 5'5

JohnP is always on point :-)
AZ247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:36 PM   #9  

Thanks for all the information guys. I was originally going to stay on P1 until Sunday but when I went for my WI this morning, I was down another 4lbs, after a 6lb loss last week, taking me to 145 goal weight!!!!!!!!!

Needless to say, I think that because I have lost almost 30lbs in two months, the closer I have gotten to goal, the less I have to loose and the hungrier I have felt and the more tired, dizzy, etc.

Happy to be back to Phase 3 today (loving the breakfast) and moving forward with maintainence in two weeks.

Also, just wanted to point out that I did a bit of everything in terms of phases for the last two months. My coach said this morning that she thought if I had not done P3 and a three days of maintainence around Tday that this 10lb loss over the course of two weeks probably would not have happened. Needless to say, I am happy with the result and look forward to the challenge of maintainence of keeping it off FOREVER!

While I am not offering any advice in terms of what to do, I would suggest talking to your coaches about mixing it up a bit as it seemed to really help me.

Phase 1 10/05-11/2
Phase 2 11/3-11/11
Phase 3 11/12-11/21
Maintainence-11/21-11-24
Started Phase 1 again 11/25/12-12/06
Started Phase 3 again 12/07
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:39 PM   #10  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandc2006 View Post
Thanks for all the information guys. I was originally going to stay on P1 until Sunday but when I went for my WI this morning, I was down another 4lbs, after a 6lb loss last week, taking me to 145 goal weight!!!!!!!!!

Needless to say, I think that because I have lost almost 30lbs in two months, the closer I have gotten to goal, the less I have to loose and the hungrier I have felt and the more tired, dizzy, etc.

Happy to be back to Phase 3 today (loving the breakfast) and moving forward with maintainence in two weeks.

Also, just wanted to point out that I did a bit of everything in terms of phases for the last two months. My coach said this morning that she thought if I had not done P3 and a three days of maintainence around Tday that this 10lb loss over the course of two weeks probably would not have happened. Needless to say, I am happy with the result and look forward to the challenge of maintainence of keeping it off FOREVER!

While I am not offering any advice in terms of what to do, I would suggest talking to your coaches about mixing it up a bit as it seemed to really help me.

Phase 1 10/05-11/2
Phase 2 11/3-11/11
Phase 3 11/12-11/21
Maintainence-11/21-11-24
Started Phase 1 again 11/25/12-12/06
Started Phase 3 again 12/07

congrats and thanks for the info!
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote