Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 06:15 AM   #1  

Default Ideal Protein Daily Chat Thursday 12/6/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
Old 12-06-2012, 07:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

good morning everyone

did turbo fire's stretch 40 class this am, so happy, lots of stretching and yoga

jampooh congrats on the 6 pounds!

read yesterday's weigh in and was impressed with all the numbers.

i officially lost 0 pounds yesterday, so i have gotten ip's journal and going back to the building blocks. making sure i forget nothing

scorbett, thank you for showing how to reply to multiple folks at the same time
Old 12-06-2012, 08:28 AM   #3  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

lisa- read yesterdays thread about the shopping trip and fitting into a size 16. Awesome!!!!
Old 12-06-2012, 08:33 AM   #4  
60 great years young

S/C/G: 188/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all. WI yesterday -3. Still feeling well. Sonya I have faith that your body will respond and admire your determination. Keep up the great job and have a super day everyone.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:46 AM   #5  

Week 12 WI today, down 2.4 lbs. I'm so excited because I'm in the 170's. it's hard to believe that it's been 12 weeks. Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:02 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay2012 View Post
Week 12 WI today, down 2.4 lbs. I'm so excited because I'm in the 170's. it's hard to believe that it's been 12 weeks. Hope everyone has a great day.
Yay! Way to go! I noticed we have similar stats and start. Really looking forward to starting over in 2013 with most of this weight gone, how about you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyainva View Post
good morning everyone

did turbo fire's stretch 40 class this am, so happy, lots of stretching and yoga

i officially lost 0 pounds yesterday, so i have gotten ip's journal and going back to the building blocks. making sure i forget nothing

I LOVE doing a little light exercise. It really helps me focus and keep going on the diet. I also find it helps with my mood and hunger levels. I'm sure your body is changing even though the scale registered 0. I find I get stuck at the same weight for several days and then whoosh, off it comes! Hoping the whoosh fairy visits you
Old 12-06-2012, 09:23 AM   #7  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning Ladies-
hard to imagine how much things have changed in less than 6 months.
I think for me the hardest part was to make a commitment to lose the weight.
Once I said it out loud and then claimed it -there was no turning back.
I have never been a joiner of sorts but once I make a commitment I feel obligated to see it through.
Never imagined I would have to watch every morsel that entered my mouth and make sure it was OP.
Santa please reward me cuz I have tried to me really good, not perfect but good!
Have a Great Day Ladies! Roo2
Old 12-06-2012, 09:28 AM   #8  

Well today is a new day for me.I have finally come to terms with the impending knee surgery. All OP all the way.
NSV - I bought a pair of size 16W jeans when i started in October hoping that they would fit by Easter. They fit today!!!!! I started out as a size 22W...go me!!!
CONGRATS to all on the weight loss. Taking this journey with others makes it so much easier. Everyone understands!
Old 12-06-2012, 09:59 AM   #9  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyainva View Post
good morning everyone
You're welcome! Don't be discouraged by the 0 loss (I just had one of those myself) - you just added back a lot of exercise into your routine, so you may very well see a slowdown in losses. Especially if you are increasing muscle mass, muscle weighs more than fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay2012 View Post
Great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
Well today is a new day for me.I have finally come to terms with the impending knee surgery. All OP all the way.
NSV - I bought a pair of size 16W jeans when i started in October hoping that they would fit by Easter. They fit today!!!!! I started out as a size 22W...go me!!!
CONGRATS to all on the weight loss. Taking this journey with others makes it so much easier. Everyone understands!
Awesome NSV! And good luck on the surgery!
Old 12-06-2012, 10:26 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 206.5/191/115

Height: 4/11

Hi everyone. Love this thread. I'm new to the site. Have been in IP for past 5 weeks. I have lost 16 pounds. It has been slow the past 2 weeks and I was getting discouraged today then I discovered this site. Thanks
Old 12-06-2012, 10:41 AM   #11  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Good Early Morning...

Down 1.0 pound today..yay!!

Thats all the good news i have for the day...

Hasta Manana Amigas/Amigos
Old 12-06-2012, 10:48 AM   #12  
Restart: 1/5/15

S/C/G: 212/199.2/140

Height: 5'9"/36 yo

'Mornin' IP'ers! Rain here has finally stopped and its back to typical overcast SF weather. I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for contributing to this community. I only pop in once in a while to say something, but I do read daily and find it helpful in staying on track.

Speaking of which, someone above mentioned a no-loss. This week I had a small gain. While there were some planned cheats over the weekend, prior to that I'd lost a pound or two. There were certainly not enough cheats to overcome that loss. I think that adding back my weight training sessions has caused me to retain more water than usual. I had a hard workout on Th and one on Sat. After that last session, I gained and never got it off. Yesterday and the day before I made it my mission to drink a ton of water and tea and I'm down a pound. So, your 0 loss actually could be water weight. Also, I've been losing inches even though I gained a bit of weight (lots of closet shopping for me!). So, don't be discouraged!!
Old 12-06-2012, 10:57 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 211/181/155

Height: 5'9"

Butterfly- I'm similar- I've been on for about 6 weeks and the results are just incredible. I have had moments of weakness but I get back on the green bus and all is well. I've never done a diet before and this certainly has been an experience. I lost .8 at my last weigh in- I wanted to say ONLY there but I won't do it. A loss is a loss! I am going to weigh in tonight- I feel really good and my clothes are falling off me! My body has changed a lot and I can't wait to start yoga when my coach gives me the green light.

This site has been great for me- I look at pictures, read stories and know I'm not alone. Everything I put in my mouth has an impact. I need to be diligent and focus on what I'm doing.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:40 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly4Life View Post
Hi everyone. Love this thread. I'm new to the site. Have been in IP for past 5 weeks. I have lost 16 pounds. It has been slow the past 2 weeks and I was getting discouraged today then I discovered this site. Thanks
Welcome Butterfly!!! you will get so much support here! come back often and post often.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:48 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmmommy2 View Post
Yay! Way to go! I noticed we have similar stats and start. Really looking forward to starting over in 2013 with most of this weight gone, how about you?
Me, too. 2013 is going to be an amazing year.
Closed Thread