South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 06:35 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thursday Beach Chat - December 6

Good morning and brrrrrr. It was quite a shock to have normal January temperatures yesterday. I did not get those lights up as my body was still adjusting to the cold after that balmy Tuesday.

Off for Snowtires Part II at 7:30 and then back to tiddle up my kitchen. A friend dropped in last night and was a bit taken aback to see the mess of the kitchen. I had Christmas shopping and groceries all over the counter and table. Toni's house is always pristine - but she doesn't do much except clean.

This afternoon I'm off to a nursing home in Gananoque to evaluate a handler and wee dog as they do their pet therapy visit. The dog is a wee Yorkie-Poo and will do fine. At only five pounds, she can sit on laps which is always a hit with the residents. That'll take up the afternoon so it'll be another day or so until I get those outside lights up.

Time to lug out the trash and get going. I guess I'd better get dressed though. Wahaddaya think?

Have a good Thursday, Beachies, and stay strong.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Ruthie. The temp dropped 20 degrees here during the day yesterday. I nearly froze to death while waiting for Maggie after school! I'm dressing warmer today.

Lisa, congratulations for hanging in there despite the cravings. Phase 1 seems to getting harder and harder, each time around.

Natasha, I love that quote from your FB friend!

Cyndi, I had farro for the first time a couple months ago, and it was love at first bite. You'll have to try the recipe I posted for Farro w/Mushrooms & Roasted Tomatoes. It's absolutely divine!
Old 12-06-2012, 06:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Ruth, I do think it's best you got dressed, although if you didn't you sure would give everyone something to talk about . A yorkie poo would be an awesome pup for a nursing home, I hope she does well!

Cottage - I guess I'm going to have to try this farro stuff!

I opened the door to say goodbye to the hubby, and bbbbrrrr!! They are right, it is cold out there! I didn't get my run in yesterday....I ran out of time (HA!), and was exhausted from work. I'm trying to fit it in today, and one option was to get up and have it done with before hubby left at 6:45...but 20 degrees and dark was not appealing!! (the treadmill exacerbates the hamstring tear)

So today is my 9-7, but I hope to do a quickie run over lunch. The schedule looked light, but we'll see what happens. Tomorrow after work I'm taking off with a friend to go shopping in a bigger town, and CAN'T WAIT!!!
Old 12-06-2012, 07:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Ruth - I admit to loving having unseasonal temps this week. I think the weekend is going to shock me.

Linda - I plan to try that one. My husband, aka the new vegetarian, likes farro. Thanks for the reminder.

Twynn - Hamstring tear - ouch.

I ended up with a busy day yesterday; I got called into work so squeezed that in between my treadmill workout and going to see Les Miz last night, which I'd forgotten all about. Love that music. Looking forward to seeing the movie when it comes out.

Today I work out with my mom and trainer (instead of tomorrow), then work again. Scratch that. Just got a text that my trainer's girls are sick. I'll go to yoga instead.

Have a great day.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:32 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Getting ready to take DD2 to school, I am doing wfh today and got early to get my report ready for 8 a.m. call. Today is my Friday as I took off tomorrow last day of vacation I needed to take off for this year.

Okay gotta run will try and come back later for personals.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:38 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning brrrrrr glad I grabbed the actual winter jacket this morning to walk the pups before work. OK what is farro?

Work, blahs today. Getting end of the year itis. Looks like John was getting forced to work Christmas Eve until 7 am Christmas morning. We decided to make it work for both of us. I remember when Joey was small him waiting for me to get home at 9:30 on Christmas morning. Just couldn't bear the thought of his family waiting on him to get home. So I will come in and relieve him around midnight so he can get home, sneak in a nap and be there when the kids wake up Christmas morning. Besides Joey goes back to his dad Christmas Eve so I might as well work.

Speaking of which I probably should be getting back to it lol
Old 12-06-2012, 09:58 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I've got a little bit of the blahs this morning...could be the downturn in the weather. Of course, we go to the pool anyway. Then we're off on an "adventure". A friend who has had back surgery wants to go out to lunch. It's a good hour drive each direction and since I can't leave the pup at home we need to head out in the cold and put up the barrier in the car so Bing can't jump on our guests. Better get to it.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-06-2012, 11:14 AM   #8  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Cottage - Thanks! I'm doing my best. No super cheats... I did have an effervescent Airborne tab in water today because I feel a cold coming on, but it only has 1g carbohydrates, so that's not too bad. (The chewables have 3G sugar so I skipped those!) Still whiny though...

Just checking in on break. Hope everyone is doing well! Have a great day!

Lisa
Old 12-06-2012, 05:32 PM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Quick fly-by for me. Had a lovely day playing hooky from work - lots of window shopping and a lovely lunch at my favorite restaurant. Came home to really sad news though. The 32 year old son of a good friend died in a freak accident. I am so incredibly sad for her and reminded yet again of how fragile life is. I refuse to waste a single day.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:00 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cyndi, I am so sorry about your friend's son. What a terrible tragedy! Life is fragile and we should celebrate each day like the gift it is.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:20 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

*waves* Busy day at work. See you ladies this weekend!!!
Closed Thread