Old 12-03-2012, 02:07 PM   #1  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

Height: 5'4"

Default Phase 2 Helpful Hints Please!?!

Not for me, but for my husband. Today is his first day on Phase 2 and he's already panicked about what to do about real live lunches! The easiest thing would probably be me making 3 portions of what ever we have for dinner (his dinner, my dinner at lunch the next day, his lunch the next day). Today he packed up 7 oz of canned tuna plus a bunch of veggies for a spinach salad. He has the luxury of 1) a full kitchen at his office bldg) and 2) has the time to eat at his desk.

I couldn't find a thread with Phase 2 hints, only the threads with the Phase 2 info. Thanks!!!
Great Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:10 PM   #2  
Started IP: Sept 19/12

My husband is on phase 3, and when he was on phase 2 he either took left overs from supper the night before or hard boiled eggs. He likes his hard boiled eggs and it helps the food bill. He liked to add them to his salad/spinach.
tunafish246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:16 PM   #3  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

I love hard boiled eggs so when I transition to Phase 2 that's going to be a main stay (plus I need portable food and they are CHEAP). Husband prefers them as egg salad or deviled eggs. He has forgotten how to cook since we've been on IP...
Great Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 155/111/115

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations to your husband on reaching Phase 2!

I'm probably not the most helpful...I tend to eat the same things daily! (That's why I don't post my meals in the "What are you eating today?" thread!) Anyway, I just grilled up enough chicken breast for the week for both my lunch & dinner meals. For lunch I would normally have 7 oz BBQ chicken with my 2 cups of veggies. Then at dinner I would have 7 oz of either BBQ chicken again (thankfully I really like chicken!) or 7oz of chicken salad wraps with 2 cups of veggies. I think that 7 oz of Tuna would also be a great option...he could even put a little egg & cucumber in with it!

I did stay on phase 2 for the entire 2 weeks. I lost 3 pounds & about 2 inches during that phase. At this point, he should also start thinking ahead to his phase 3 breakfasts. It takes some time, and grocery shopping, to be fully prepared before that big day!

Good luck!
fitgirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:59 PM   #5  

I am a salad lover so I do have a big salad everyday. I was adding 7-8 oz of tuna or chicken but it was too much to eat. Now I add about 5 oz of meat to my salads and a diced hard boiled egg.
Hgamroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:23 PM   #6  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

I often do make an extra portion at dinner to have for the next day's lunch. I also keep some precooked chicken chinks in the freezer, in case I don't have leftovers. Just zap them in the microwave to defrost and warm a bit.
Lizzy63 is offline   Reply With Quote