Old 12-03-2012, 10:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Default Your sick days experience please........(?TMI)

I had a GI bug this w/e. I feel a lot better today but it was very hard for me to drink all the fluid and even eat what I needed.

Thanks to Scorbett for pulling me from the carb ledge but I am still concerned about how things will go at WI and wondered what some of you have done in the past.

I was ok until Saturday afternoon then had about 6 episodes of diarrhea. There was no way I was going to drink all the water I needed so I sipped on herbal tea and finally ate some eggs and cauliflower in the evening when I felt better.
The next morning, I thought I felt better so I made pancakes with the maple oatmeal pack. But felt like crap shortly after ended up taking a nap.

It was late in the afternoon when I was going to go for it and have a bagel. I so wanted something plain in my stomach. I ended up having herbal tea and veggies and broth. It totally helped and I was able to eat a reg dinner.

I probably only had 1/2 the water requirement each day. Plus I lost a lot of fluid on Saturday.

Long story short (too late Ninja), what has worked for you in the past?? Did you go off plan?? Any rec's from your coaches?? I am going to ask mine on Wednesday but I am not hopeful she will even have a clue.

As Winter is approaching, and all sorts of viruses are heading our way, I would love to know what has worked for you and what hasn't.

TIA!
NinjaNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:47 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8

hope you get answers because i've been living off pepto bismol. havent figured out which packet/s are dong it
southern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:46 PM   #3  
Restart Apr 8 2013

S/C/G: 218.6/207.6/141

Height: 5'6.5"

So glad you are feeling better! I have had a few days where I couldn't hold down food and I simply did my best not to have any "forbidden" foods, but not try to meet the IP requirements, either. So, I didn't have carbs, but I didn't get in all my IP requirements either. It was just the best I could do! I am sorry you had a sick weekend!

I think you take care of you and if it means a small "cheat" you have to take that in the big picture of your OVERALL health. Skinny and sick ain't gonna do you no good either!

Take good care!
libertybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:57 PM   #4  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

I made a homemade chicken/vegg soup with IP acceptable veggies twice in the last week. I didn't get all the required food or water in a couple of days either, but we can only do what we can do when we're sick.

Glad you're getting better!
greeniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:10 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

I actually posted the ??? on my Center's FB page. Just curious. I'll pass on whatever they say.

Thanks Greeniris!!
NinjaNurse is offline   Reply With Quote