Old 12-02-2012, 03:21 AM   #1  
Baby-Belly Stepper

S/C/G: 330/273/173?

Height: 5'8.75"

Default Beginning my long journey, one more time.

Hi everyone. I am just beginning my weight loss journey after putting it on the back burner for nearly a year and half, through 9 months of pregnancy and the 7 months since my son was born. Today I weight the most I've ever weighed, even during the end of my pregnancy. I have about 150 lbs. to lose and that just seems like such a huge number.

I sure would appreciate any words of encouragement and advice from others who have had to lose similar amounts. Thanks!
ciel213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 325/125/maintaining

Height: 5'6.5

Don't let the amount of weight you have to lose scare you. If you eat right and keep moving, the weight is going to come off. I completely changed the way I eat...I really did do a lifestyle change and not a diet. You can do this, you will do this...believe it! Eat less, move more.
KatMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

HI!! Glad you posted. Congrats on your new baby!

I know it's hard to look at a big number. It's has always been helpful to me to put my goals in five pound increment. (Read my saying below.)

I think the most important thing about losing weight is planning. PLan, plan and plan some more.

There are many plans to follow: Weight Watchers, calories and many more. Find one that suits you and tryit out and see how it feels.

Post often. Folks here are helpful and wise.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:09 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hello and on your new baby!!

Yes, 150 pounds can seem like a huge number... but it really helps to have mini goals and even mini tickers. Perhaps you have a special item of clothing in a slightly smaller size you want to get back into... or something to accomplish. Make it something small... LOL for example I am very happy that I can now get up off of a toilet seat when there is nothing to hold onto without having to figure out how in the world I am going to do this!

Someone else posted in the forum... sorry I can't remember who and don't mean to steal her idea.. an idea which has helped me. She suggested taking a fine point permanent marker and writing the number of pounds to your next mini goal on the inside of your wrist, very small, where you can see it easily. For example, I am now one pound away from losing 70 pounds so this morning I will put a "1" on my wrist as a reminder. When I am tempted to eat something I don't need I can glance at that "1" and remember I want to make it!!

Get yourself a great plan and stick with it! You can do this!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:51 PM   #5  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I am in very similar shoes to yours right now. I let life, mostly the adoption of my son, get me off track. I gained back about 30 pounds when I was really close to having lost 100. I started with about 130 to lose initially and right now I have about 65 to lose. Just take it 1 day and 1 pound at a time. Lots of planning helps me. At the very beginning I ever pre-made and pre-portioned all of my foods and labelled them "Monday breakfast", "monday morning snack" and so on. I have post-it notes on my wall with encouraging sayings and quotes on them that I find various places. One of them (I think it came from someone here) says "It's not how much you do in a day, it's how many days you do it!"
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:59 PM   #6  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations on your baby!!!
I hit my all time highest weight 6 months after my daughter was born, so I certainly understand how you feel.

You can do this, even with kids in tow! Good luck on your journey!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote