View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 06:32 AM   #11
BillBlueEyes
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Sunday

Diet Coaches/Buddies Eating was on plan, CREDIT moi, including pan fried tofu in our dinner. DW mixed cultures a bit by combining tofu with curried okra. Turned out to be a tasty combination. She doesn't serve tofu often so I look forward to it.

I cancelled two different errands to avoid the light snow. My recovering broken leg is able to do many things, but getting out of a difficult situation, including getting up from a fall, isn't among them. The crutches are not stable on wet surfaces. I kept waiting for it to stop, but it kept coming. CREDIT moi for making the wise choice rather than charging out where I could create a situation that required help for recovery. No exercise; Oh Well.

onebyone Congrats for getting through your "sales/public events ok" - you often write that those things can be tough for you. Self applied pressure is so difficult to respond to. Yay for bed when that's the right thing.

Joy (gardenerjoy) Love the notion to maintain a constant weight through the eating season. It's a sobering thought that each year adds a permanent pound.

Debbie (Lexxiss) LMAO at losing your DH in your old Victorian house. Yep, "mindful choices at the evening potluck" is Kudos worthy.

Beverlyjoy Thanks for "I can't change the past... moving forward today." My brain doesn't always remember the obvious.

Chickbury Kudos for 8000 steps (he said with envy). Love the thought that you can see the results of a killer workout. Discovering exercise is just one of the best things that's happened on my new journey.

Georgia (geoblewis) Yay for serendipitous book discovery! Arranging your environment is one of the unintuitive Beck strategies for helping stick to our plans. Kudos for bounding ahead. Glad you've joined us.

Readers -
Quote:
chapter 1
The Key to Success

How Cognitive Therapy Woks
Cognitive Therapy helps you
identify your sabotaging thinking and
effectively respond to it,
so you feel better
and can behave in helpful ways.
Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 20.
Following Dr. Judith Beck via 3FC's Beck Diet Solution Forum: 10 years