Old 11-30-2012, 09:48 PM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up December Turbo Fire & More Check-In

We do all types of workouts in this check-in. We are not limited to Turbo Fire. Please join in, if you are looking for a place to log your workouts and to be accountable with your fitness goals.

Let's make this a great month!

Last edited by Diana3271; 12-31-2012 at 10:12 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 222/150/140

Height: 5' 7"

Holy crap, it's December!! One of my favorite months and its snowing here this morning and looks so pretty

Diana, thanks for taking care of this!
Teacher - glad that you are able to move a little and feel ok!!!!!! Progress

Today: Fire 30, Upper 20 and abs 10. Feeling strong
TurboLaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:46 PM   #3  

Update - this combo of workouts was fab and I burned an incredible 675 calories! Holy crap!
Old 12-01-2012, 07:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

Diana- thanks for getting us started. I can't believe it's Dec.

Laura- Wow, that's an impressive workout! Snow- you're so lucky.

today- elip 30 min
teacher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:10 PM   #5  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

No workout to report. I went to my Mom's house to go through some more things while DH did some work there. I noticed there was a problem with the last water bill at my Mom's house. Right before my Dad passed, they came through with city water. Before that they had a well/pump. They got the city water, but since then they kept developing water leaks. Mama would have a neighbor do the repairs. We went there last weekend to see if we could find the leak in the yard. Sure enough, with the help of the neighbor, we found the soft spot. A friend of ours has a commercial plumbing business. He sent a worker out today with a truck loaded with supplies and a backhoe. DH and the worker laid new water lines outside for the whole house. In the process they noticed a dead tree and took that down with the backhoe. They started work at 8 AM and we left at 7 PM. So, no official workout for me. They will go back in a couple of weeks to check for leaks. I noticed there is a small leak at the bathroom sink (not related to the outside work), so they will fix that and I want the fluidmaster replaced in the toilet. The outside lines were very old and the city water has more pressure than the well/pump. Hopefully all of that will be resolved with the new lines.

Laura Great job killing those calories today!

Teacher Good job being consistent. I hope the hip continues to improve.

Last edited by Diana3271; 12-01-2012 at 10:11 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:16 PM   #6  

Diana- wow, that's a lot of work. Leaking water is no fun!!! We've have a drainage problem outside ever since we've moved to this new house. We're going to have the backyard redone again to try to fix it next Spring. So I feel your pain. What are you doing with your mom's house?

today- elip 30 min
Old 12-02-2012, 03:32 PM   #7  

Hey ladies,

Diana - that sounds like it was a lot of work! It's so nice that your mom has such caring and skilled friends and neighbors. It must still be difficult to go to her home and have her not be there.

Teacher - I'm glad that you're able to workout! Did your hip feel ok?

Haven't worked out yet but will most likely do Fire 45 EZ. Must say my triceps are sore from yesterday
Old 12-02-2012, 08:31 PM   #8  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Check-In:
Les Mills Pump and Burn
TF Fire 55 EZ w/weighted gloves

Teacher Good job on the elliptical. Hopefully, when I get everything done, I will put it on the market and sell it. She never liked the house and wouldn't want me to live there. It's right on a main highway. Not good for pets, etc. She also has a piece of property at the lake. It has a mobile home on it that's in really bad shape. We are hoping to build a house and retire there one day.

Laura I haven't told anyone this and maybe you or Teacher could ease my mind with something. I am really bothered by getting rid of my Mom's stuff. It feels disrespectful to be getting rid of it (donating it). It feels like I should be keeping it. But I literally don't have room. I could rent a storage unit, but my Mom would not want that. She would say to get rid of it. I am keeping a few items of clothing. The clothes that I am keeping are too big, but they are really nice pieces and would be in style for years (just in case I ever gain weight ) Of course I haven't gotten to the rest of her stuff yet. No sense in keeping shoes that don't fit and someone else could use. It just feels weird. Any thoughts that might help me with this? The bottom line is that my Mom would not want me to rent a storage unit just to keep stuff that I can't use. It makes no sense, but I am still weird about it.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:21 PM   #9  

Laura- my hip is really feeling better... not gone but better

Diana- I know what you mean about not wanting to get rid of your mom's stuff. I think it's good you're taking your time and not rushing into getting rid of everything. When you're read,y you'll probably donate most of the stuff. I would call a retirement home in a needy area and seeing if they could use the clothes, books, or maybe someone at church might know some families in need. Goodwill is always a great choice. I think once you're ready you'll feel good knowing someone who really needs the items will be using them. Just think of it as you're mom reaching out helping people. I would maybe do a room at a time so it's easier emotionally.

today- elip 30 min

Last edited by teacher1; 12-03-2012 at 04:22 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:55 PM   #10  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone! ;wave:

Check-In: Melt It off w/Mitch Cardio Mix & Melt w/#6 weighted ball

Teacher Keep up the great work. I am donating things as I go along. I have given to My Sister's House, The Salvation Army, and Goodwill. I am doing things in stages, for example I did the shoes first. I am doing stages because she has a lot of stuff. Next I did the books and then the clothes. It just feels weird getting rid of her stuff. I know she would want it and would like that other people are being helped.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:10 PM   #11  

Hello all...Fire 45EZ tonight.

Diana, I think that with time, you'll feel ok about donating her things. It's important to do it when you're ready and only when you're ready. Keep what you feel is important to you to remember your dear mom. I can see why it would feel disrespectful..I bet in some way it feels like she'll still need them. I really think that you're doing it in a great way. Slowly. It may still feel weird but you're able to control what, when and where it goes and I bet that's really important.

Teacher - glad you're feeling a little better!
Take care ladies!
Old 12-04-2012, 05:52 PM   #12  

hi ladies-

today- walk with the dogs... enjoying the beautiful weather
Old 12-04-2012, 10:36 PM   #13  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Check-In:
Les Mills Pump & Shred w/15's
Les Mills Sports Combat

Pump and Shred is the next step in the Pump rotation. It was a huge challenge to do Pump & Shred w/15's. I skipped a couple reps in Jericho's track. I will try it again. I might have to drop to 12's on this track. I did the cardio workout after the weight workout. I could feel the fatigue in my legs during the cardio from the previous weight work.

I just got home and it's late. Thank you for all the support and words of advice you have given me. Keep up the great workouts!
Old 12-05-2012, 05:18 PM   #14  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Check-In:
Les Mills Hard Core Abs
Amy Dixon's Breathless Body

My legs still feel fatigued from Pump & Shred last night. They're not sore, just fatigued.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:30 PM   #15  

Diana- you're really killing it on the workouts!!!

today- elip 30 min