PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

Default 2012 - December (!) PCOS Support Thread

Hello everyone! Our tiny little November thread was here.

Wow, that was probably one of the smaller threads! Where are all the PCOS ladies? Busy or hiding?

Let's catch up! At least, I need the support!

Who is here this month?
How are you?
How was last month?
How is your PCOS management last month?
What are you going to work on in December?

Last edited by Rana; 12-01-2012 at 12:03 PM.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:03 PM   #2  

Who is here this month?

I am, obviously! I'm in my mid-30s, PCOS diagnosed since I was 19, given BCP to "treat" it and told to go off on my own until my late 20s/early 30s when my doctors finally said I should do something about it (I was gaining weight).

Turns out my BCP made me more susceptible to insulin resistance, which I had developed and I was gaining weight even with more exercise in my life. I love to move, so exercise was never an issue. Had to learn it's all about food to lose weight though!

Now, I'm in maintenance mode even though I haven't lost all the weight yet. I am super-busy and stressed out and will be for a couple more months, I think.

How are you?

Good. Tired. I had a good spin class this morning that kicked my butt.

Overall, I think okay. I was traveling, ate too much, miss veggies again!

How was last month?

It was okay. In maintenance mode, I can eat more "loosely" but I know that I can't go crazy. And I hate this time of year because people really do want to shove food down your throats. And you feel like you should say yes, cause it's the holiday and all that.

Good. Thanksgiving week = desserts that I normally don't eat, but I'm back on track again. I feel better when I'm eating healthy, paleo, low-carb, whole foods, so I'm happy to be back on track.

I gained a couple pounds over this past week which I don't know if its water or real lbs. So, they are coming OFF ASAP. I am in maintenance, not gain weight mode!

I know what works -- making food at home, increasing intake of veggies and fruits, and eating paleo. Because I'm so busy and really need my time, I have been turning to convenience foods (popcorn, nuts, starving and then getting a meal at a restaurant) and I need to stop that.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:27 PM   #3  

Really? No one else is going to join me this month?
Old 12-04-2012, 06:45 PM   #4  

Who is here this month?

I am too!!..only new here though so i am sorry if i missed this post..just getting used to how this forum works!!..lol..lol..boy does it move fast!! I am 40 and have been diagnosed with pcos since 35 due to me trying to get pregnant and failing miserably...i think i am infertile!!..but thems the breaks!.
what will be will be as my hubby says...mind you it does not make it any easier to cope with though..sometimes i get very depressed over it!!..but
thankfully that does not happen often!!

How are you?

Feelling pretty good actually...my back is a bit sore (i have athritis in the spine and something called shermans disease (curving of the spine)..but i think my body just needs time to get used to working the different muscles..going to start pool work soon...been on plan low carb, low sugar and fat for just over 2 weeks..not going to weigh myself but just get healthier and stronger..hopefully!!..if i lose weight then all is good...i know
i started at 130kg as i get weighed at the doctors every 3 months for my diabetes check!!

How was last month?

It sucked health wise...my legs swelled quite a bit especially the left and i got a fright and went to the doctor...all was good (tuned out to be hormonal
got my TOM a few days later)...then just the week after i got short stabbing pains in my chest..gosh another trip to the doctors..this turned out to be nothing too and went away...heart is all fine..so that is good too..darned hot here and it is a pain in the patootie!!

Okays i think i just roll with the flow!!

My exercise and eating healthy...hopefully my TOM won't be as bad as last month...there was some pain and also boy was it heavy which is not unusual
for me but i think it was a little heavier than usual..oh and i will be pre menstrual around christmas time too..urggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!! that sucks!!

i am heres hun never fears!!...cheers liz (oh i have a bad habit of adding an s to my words)..lol..lol..lol
lizarddau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:46 AM   #5  

YAY!

Hello Lizard! Thank you for joining me!
Old 12-14-2012, 07:54 PM   #6  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Who is here this month?

Me! Barely!

How are you?

In myself, ok. In my friend, really worried.

How was last month?

HORRIBLE! Divorcing friend is dealing with abusive estranged husband. She did not get her restraining order so it's been an ordeal over here helping her relocate, turn in forms at the courthouse, etc.

Hopefully her weird DH will cease and desist with the creepy and her divroce hearing will come up and be over fast!
She is moving hopefully to a new apartment that he will not know location of!

Endoc lab was much improved -- even the non-fatty liver thing was normal. Now I just have a) weight and b) improve LDL a smidge more. It was better but not in normal range yet.

So again... in myself -- doing fine!

In my friend -- very worried.

I don't know if I'm going to be supporting her some more and attending courthouse things some more or what.

So basically just stay afloat in December.

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 12-14-2012 at 07:56 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:26 PM   #7  

It's good to see you again, astrophe! I'm sorry you're friend is still dealing with all this crap from her exhusband.

I hope things get better for her, so you can focus on yourself!

Good news on the labs! Yay!
Old 12-21-2012, 09:29 PM   #8  

OMG! What is wrong with me?!

I went away the other weekend and I have been eating like a freaking cow ever since then.

This has got to stop -- whether it's water weight or real weight -- the scale is up at least 5 lbs and I need to get it off.

I am just tired... No, I'm not sure what it is... It's more like I'm feeling lazy... super lazy... I haven't been to a proper store for food in a while and I haven't really cooked and I'm letting myself get tempted by eating out and going for convenience, rather than healthy.

What were once a month or so indulgences are becoming daily stuff. I wish I could say it was family or friends seducing me into eating these foods... they're not!

God, I need help. Or sleep. Or something. I am just out of control.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:05 PM   #9  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Rana -- don't beat yourself up over it. Just get back on track.

Over here I had a little too much holiday party fun, but I'm on better footing today since the in-law visit was yesterday. Made saner choices, working on cleaning the kitchen up from all these candies and things. Rather donate it to church coffee hour.

My mom's is always healthy food so xmas there tomorrow will be nice and NORMAL.

And New year's is never a problem -- sticking to sane food and enjoying one drink isn't an issue at that gathering.

My in laws gathering usually has all the sorts of wheat trigger foods -- cookies, cupcakes, bread and cheese dip, crackers and cheese -- all that stuff I cannot keep away from easily.

I'm losing the bloat today tho -- lots of water. Yay!

A.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:51 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 301/301/200

Height: 5'7

Hello everyOne. I am new here and i just wanted to say hello before the year was over.
dolphinlov80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:08 PM   #11  
Designing my new physique

S/C/G: 316

Height: 5'7.5

I'm so tardy being here. Hubby drove me nuts while he was on vacation so I didn't get enough time to post or get involved in the communities as much. I'm going to try to catch the January thread here.

Rana, I'm very sorry I wasn't here. I hope you're feeling better and have since overcome these trying times.

Last edited by avalonmoon; 01-04-2013 at 05:09 PM.
avalonmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:04 PM   #12  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

January 2013 is up! Join us over there...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos...rt-thread.html

A.