Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 06:42 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Friday 11/30/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
Old 11-30-2012, 07:15 AM   #2  
Restart IP 7/25/12

S/C/G: 199/142/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning and happy Friday! Still plugging along 100%. I have to keep telling myself slow and steady wins the race I am done 1.6lbs this week and finally into the 40s.

I have not been on the boards lately with Thanksgiving, a funeral, trying to pack up to move, decorating for Christmas and homeschooling, so this maybe on here some where. Does anyone have any suggestions of finger foods to take to a party, besides a veggie tray?
Old 11-30-2012, 07:23 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3girls View Post
Good morning and happy Friday! Still plugging along 100%. I have to keep telling myself slow and steady wins the race I am done 1.6lbs this week and finally into the 40s.

I have not been on the boards lately with Thanksgiving, a funeral, trying to pack up to move, decorating for Christmas and homeschooling, so this maybe on here some where. Does anyone have any suggestions of finger foods to take to a party, besides a veggie tray?
Congrats on the new decade!
Slow and steady DOES win the race! I was telling people to embrace the tortoise
Veggie trays are your friend. Make them decorative for the holidays. The last few veggie trays I've taken to parties have been DEMOLISHED. People really WANT to eat healthy.
I have a great Pampered Chef Chilzene tray to keep veggies fresh at parties. I made the turkey veggie tray for Thanksgiving. Ive seen Christmas Tree Veggie trays. Embrace your inner Martha Stewart and take a festive veggie tray. Plus, bonus: you can eat it!
Old 11-30-2012, 07:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

mommyof3girls 1.6 is great, i keep saying to myself, the longer it takes, the better my pancreas will react in p4

lisa i am with you on the tortoise bit

lose2win - congrats on the 7 pounds in 2 weeks, that is awesome. happy birthday to your grandpa

SDCHickie- congrats on the 2 pound loss
Old 11-30-2012, 07:53 AM   #5  
Restart Apr 8 2013

S/C/G: 218.6/207.6/141

Height: 5'6.5"

Lisa: thanks so much for always posting this thread. I am checking out the chilzene after typing this!

Mommy of 3g: that is awesome! And the way to do it. Lisa is right about the tortoise. What would we do without Aesop?

I finally broke the plateau. My weight was stuck for 7 days and now down a pound. I agree, checking the scale daily isn't for everyone! And I might insist on stopping. It wasn't the plateau that worried me as much as the timing of it. It was from my fourth day OP through my eleventh. It was beginning to niggle at me that if seemed others' plateaus came a but later so maybe the plan wasn't working for me as well. Especially since it seems like so much food. But I kept faith and while it is a small victory, it feels good to keep going!

Enjoy a wonderful day everyone!
Thank you for all you do!
Old 11-30-2012, 08:52 AM   #6  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaelbelle View Post
Lisa: thanks so much for always posting this thread. I am checking out the chilzene after typing this!

Mommy of 3g: that is awesome! And the way to do it. Lisa is right about the tortoise. What would we do without Aesop?

I finally broke the plateau. My weight was stuck for 7 days and now down a pound. I agree, checking the scale daily isn't for everyone! And I might insist on stopping. It wasn't the plateau that worried me as much as the timing of it. It was from my fourth day OP through my eleventh. It was beginning to niggle at me that if seemed others' plateaus came a but later so maybe the plan wasn't working for me as well. Especially since it seems like so much food. But I kept faith and while it is a small victory, it feels good to keep going!

Enjoy a wonderful day everyone!
Thank you for all you do!
Nice job ladies!!!

I'm starting to gear up for the holiday madness here too - my sister in law likes to schedule all kinds of get-togethers, but I just want to get through the holidays and get back to normal in January, with a little Christmas enjoyment in the middle Plus I work in healthcare, which means some of my holiday will be spent at work and every other weekend is not open for events. It's tough to cram everything in, but I decided a long time ago that I can't make everyone happy so I try to meet in the middle somewhere. Currently trying to figure out when to get to my Dad's house, we had thought we could do it on Christmas Eve, before our church service (I'm singing this year) - then I found out they're doing TWO services on the Eve so dinner with Dad is out. *sigh*
Old 11-30-2012, 09:10 AM   #7  
started IP 10/22/12

S/C/G: 185/143/120

Height: 5'4"

Made it through November and all that Turkey Craziness. Now onto December !

It's been a while since I updated my ticker and stats. I was shocked to see 155 on my scale this morning. Let the celebrating begin !

Ideal Protein is the BEST thing to have happened to me this year.
I have never felt better. I can go into December with strength and commitment to the plan.

100% works !

You guys are the best!

Last edited by alittlelessme; 11-30-2012 at 09:36 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-30-2012, 09:19 AM   #8  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlelessme View Post
Made it through November and all that Turkey Craziness. Now onto December !

It's been a while since I updated my ticker and stats. I was shocked to see 155 on my scale this morning. Let the celebrating begin !

Ideal Protein is the BEST thing to have happened to me this year.
I have never felt better. I can go into December with strength and commitment to the plan.

100% works !

You guys are the best!
Awesome job!!!!
Old 11-30-2012, 09:53 AM   #9  
Restart Apr 8 2013

S/C/G: 218.6/207.6/141

Height: 5'6.5"

Scorbett: You are just the whole package -Singing, too! Inspiring!

Alittlelessme: Congrats! That must have felt great to update such wonderful strides! You are more than halfway there... And your positivity is so contagious! Thank you!
Old 11-30-2012, 09:58 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

WI was this morning -- down 2.6 pounds this week. Definitely better than last week, so I'm pleased!! I had cut out all restricted veggies and packets this week, so now I just need to figure out if that mattered :-)

In celebration--I posted a new IP recipe for indian spiced chicken with garam masala. Enjoy! unlimitedlettuce.blogspot.com
Old 11-30-2012, 10:14 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaelbelle View Post

Oh my! Just to keep it real...a few DAYS of the scale not moving is not a plateau. A plateau is WEEKS of the scale not moving.
Truly. WEEKS.
Any reputable weight loss expert will define it that way. WEEKS.
There are just too many variables in weight reduction to micro-manage, especially with women's hormonal fluctuations.

My hubby was commenting on my WI day that perhaps weekly is too often. I'm going to bring this topic up with my coach next week. I'm doing A+ with this part of the plan right now. Perhaps checking in via email and just weighing in every-other-week? I KNOW I'll need more support for maintenance. That is where I have MUCH to learn. Sometimes seeing the smaller # on the scale is kind of defeating and moving to every 2 weeks might help. We'll see what she says....
Old 11-30-2012, 10:25 AM   #12  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

How about a shrimp tray? Shrimp are definitely IP-ok, and you could add other veggies to the tray. You could also add some grilled scallops wrapped in bacon to the tray (although that's probably better served right off the grill). I've combined WF bbq sauce with the low cal Heintz catsup and some horseradish and it makes a decent dipping sauce for shrimp. Experiment with it and see whether you like it. Or decide to forgo the dip part yourself, and just use a regular one that the rest of the group will enjoy... you'll still be able to eat the shrimp and veggies.

Last edited by evepet; 11-30-2012 at 10:33 AM.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:30 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 210/145/145

Height: 5'4"

Yah! I made it thru my first Christmas party 100%! I put 1/4 of my plate raw veggies, 1/4 steamed veggies, and the other half turkey and roast. And water, water, water. Great visits. No one said a word about what I was eating or drinking just that they loved my little black dress (that I bought for $23 marked down 50% twice). It is so fun not to wear tight clothes or tents!

Have a GREAT day everyone!
Old 11-30-2012, 10:35 AM   #14  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofl306 View Post
Yah! I made it thru my first Christmas party 100%! I put 1/4 of my plate raw veggies, 1/4 steamed veggies, and the other half turkey and roast. And water, water, water. Great visits. No one said a word about what I was eating or drinking just that they loved my little black dress (that I bought for $23 marked down 50% twice). It is so fun not to wear tight clothes or tents!

Have a GREAT day everyone!
There you go! I'm sure others don't pay nearly as much attention to what is on our plate as we think they do. Glad it worked out so well for you. And congrats on your little black dress! Sounds like a great (and very flattering) bargain.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:57 AM   #15  

Oh good lord, the office girls brought in a huge costco cake for my birthday I love that they thought of me, but a cake, really?!? So I cut a piece to save for later.....in all reality that sucker is hitting the garbage the second I figure nobody will notice!!!
Closed Thread