I saw this from an older post and thought i'd re-share

if you have any other good ideas, lets share them together

Loose skin when losing weight:

InstructionsThings You'll Need:
Time
Will power
Perserverance

Step 1
Think of how long it took your body to reach your highest weight. It didn't happen overnight, so you can't really expect your skin to become taut in such a short space of time.

Many surgeons recommend waiting two years from the day you reach your weight loss target before even considering surgery. This allows you to exhaust all options available naturally before entering into a costly and potential dangerous operation.

Step 2
Nourish your skin and encourage it's elasticity. Exfoliate your skin daily to encourage removal of dead skin cells. Doing this each day will stimulate your skin's circulation which should help in tightening skin up.

Step 3
Treat yourself to a hot hour-long bath once or twice a week. While the bath is being drawn, add 1/2lb of pure sea salt to the water and allow it to dissolve. Besides relaxing your body and muscles, it will draw toxins out of your skin and will improve your overall skin tone.

Step 4
Determine what your body fat percentage is. It's impossible to differentiate loose skin from body fat without this figure. Many gyms are able to assess your body for this.

Step 5
While you may have reached your goal weight, it's possible that your body fat percentage is still high. In order to reduce this, you should strive to change your body's composition by reducing fat and replacing it with muscle. If you haven't done so already, speak to a gym or a personal trainer to work on an exercise plan which will help you achieve this.

Step 6
Aloe vera extract, soy protein and yeast extract can improve your skin's elasticity by increasing your body's production of elastin and collagen. It not only tightens your skin but your skin's natural defenses as well.

Step 7
Eating raw food such as cucumber, tomato, olives and coconut can mark an improvement in your skin's elasticity.

Step 8
Hyaluronic Acid is naturally found in our body's tissues. It depletes over time, so it's worth supplementing your diet with some. It is critical for muscle growth, so if you're replacing pounds of fat with muscle, it's definitely worth taking. Smokers tend to be lacking this nutrient. It needs magnesium to synthesize, so ensure you're taking magnesium daily to reap its benefits.
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:55 AM   #2  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Finding solution to sagging skin

Drink water: You should drink at least eight glasses of water every day, in order to keep enough moisture in your skin. Apart from this, water helps in flushing out those toxins of your system. It will give your skin that healthy feel and look.

Exercise: When we talk about exercise, we are talking about sit ups, push-ups, running and anything else you can think of. When you are exercising, you will be building those muscles up. This will plump up your skin from the inside and give it that tighter appearance. When you exercise, you will be making sure you will not gain all the weight back that you just tried so hard to lose.

Strength Training: A great way to get rid of that excess skin would be to lift weight. When you are losing weight, lifting weights is important. Do resistance training 3 times a week to build new muscle for the skin to adhere to. Lifting weights and doing other exercise such as crunches and lunges helps to tighten the muscles underneath skin, which firms up the area.

Massage: Massaging the skin helps to build that elasticity back up. You should use mustard oil in order to get the best results. A daily massage will also help your muscles develop. In mustard oil, you will find that there are many medicinal properties in it that will help you to have healthy and glowing skin.

Scrub your skin 3 times a week: When you scrub away that surface, you will be causing that skin underneath to generate faster. By using a body scrub or loofah at least twice a day, you will be helping to tighten up that lose skin that is caused by weight loss.

Maintain a good posture throughout the day: As you are driving in your car, standing in lines, watching television, playing video games and sitting at your desk, you could help tighten up your skin. You can do this by pulling your stomach muscles in and holding them for a couple of minutes.

Try over-the-counter creams: Take in a good vitamin E supplement and apply vitamin E cream or oil twice a day in the problem areas. This will not give you immediate results, but will slowly tighten up the skin and prevent sagging. Skin is like elastic and it needs time to settle in. The use of coconut oil, shea butter or glycerin has been shown to restore damaged skin so when you look for soaps, creams or lotions try to find ones that contain these two natural oils.

Eat lean poultry and other proteins with each meal: Choose foods which are high in vitamins and minerals and low in sugar, saturated fat and additives. Include foods high in essential fatty acids such as avocados, olives, oily fish, nuts and seeds and oils made from these and also ensure that you have an adequate supply of lean protein. Omega-3 fatty acids can help prevent skin sagging. Making sure you get enough omega-3 in your diet, by taking fish oil or cod liver oil regularly Omega-3 fats help to normalize skin lipids and prevent dehydration in the cells. This keeps skin cells strong and full of moisture. Omega-3 fats may have an anti-inflammatory effect that can help to calm irritated skin. When choosing omega 3 oils try to choose oils that come wild varieties of fish which are less likely to contain dioxin or other types of smoke. The best sources of antioxidants are in raw fruits and vegetables. However if you cannot find the time to eat your greens and brightly multi-colored fruits you can buy powdered mixes that make a quick fix for people on the run.

Lose weight sooner rather than later: Don't keep putting off your weight loss program. The older you are and the longer you have been overweight the less elastic and resilient your skin becomes and the more you need to stick stringently to the other guidelines here to prevent skin becoming too loose. The constant yo-yo dieting stretching and then loosening the skin will harm your skin's elasticity too.

Avoid smoking: Cigarette smoke can also go a long way to preventing the kind of collagen break down that causes sagging skin. Smoke damages the microcapillaries in the skin as well as its ability to absorb creams with nutrients.

Protect your skin from Sun damage: Sunburned skin is much more prone to wrinkling and sagging over the long term. To prevent ultraviolet light from causing free radical damage to your skin stay out of the sun during its most intense time which is from ten am to two pm. If you must go out wear a broad rimmed hat, sunglasses and plenty of sunscreen. Remember that your skin needs a bit of sun to stay healthy, the idea is to avoid over-exposure. Ten minutes at a day in direct sun on off hours is the right dose to keep your skin healthy
Old 11-29-2012, 12:30 PM   #3  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Height: 5'4"

This is great rainbow!!! Thank you! I have noticed my tummy is getting a bit wrinkly...any suggestions for stretch marks?
jmuroff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 282 / ticker / 180

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmuroff1 View Post
This is great rainbow!!! Thank you! I have noticed my tummy is getting a bit wrinkly...any suggestions for stretch marks?
cocoa butter will help with the stretch marks.
nobylspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/132/125 or 115? not sure

Height: 5'4" (on a good-hair day!)

Thanks, Rainbow!

Many things worth considering doing. In the meantime, I'll focus on not knocking myself out while waving. (Thank goodness for winter - long sleeves.)
Mountain Mamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:01 PM   #6  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobylspoon View Post
cocoa butter will help with the stretch marks.
That works since i love cocoa butter any recommended brands?
jmuroff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:30 PM   #7  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

[QUOTE= In the meantime, I'll focus on not knocking myself out while waving. (Thank goodness for winter - long sleeves.)[/QUOTE]

Good one!
healthyangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:11 PM   #8  
Newbie!

S/C/G: 273 / 217 / 112

Height: 5'5"

Thank you SO much for this post!

I'm really worried about my bingo wings getting worse as I lose weight
SecretSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:50 PM   #9  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

bumping for any new advice or information
Old 01-19-2013, 01:09 PM   #10  

love the info! thx!
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:20 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

Thanks rainbow

Bio oil for stretch marks helps too
sonyainva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:27 PM   #12  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

I've been taking silicea balsam for the past 8 months or so. I found out about it while googling about how to reduce hair loss, and saw that it is also said to be an excellent support for the elasticity of the skin. I've no way of knowing what my skin, nails, and hair would be like now without it - but I'm very happy with they way they all are looking today and give this stuff at least part of the credit. I've also not experienced significant hair loss.
Here's a link to an info page about the product I've been using:
http://nakaherbs.com/pdf/silicea_gel.pdf
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:51 PM   #13  
Kara - Restart 8/23/2013

S/C/G: 277.4/214/160

Height: 5' 3"

Thanks everyone!

When I went to my last open house there was a gal there who had lost 100 lbs in 8 months... she said she had no problem with loose skin except for her arms a bit. I was like really? Because I have lost 50 and already am noticing some.

I just think I may have issues because of 4 C-Sections in 6 years, your skin just doesn't go back right after that. lol
Calisto is offline   Reply With Quote