Old 11-28-2012, 12:28 PM   #1  
Restart 12/29/13

S/C/G: 172/160/135

Height: 5'2

Default How do you get yourself back on track?

I need help! I am 3 lbs. from my goal. I've lost 79 lbs. (not all from IP). You would think the last three would be no problem...but I am self-sabotaging and justifying cheating left and right. I will be 100% for a few days, then lose everything I've learned in a weak instant. I'm not cheating that badly (a few pieces of cheese, extra packets, etc.), but it's enough to make the scale stop moving.

One hypothesis...I'm afraid of phasing off. I also recently went to alternatives for financial reasons and I think I'm missing the accountability.

What do you all do to get back on track and STAY there. For those of you that reached your goal, any advice for the last few lbs.?

Thank you!
RN4Babies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:44 PM   #2  
Started IP 6/14

S/C/G: 171.1/165.8/135

Height: 5'4"

I've been doing the same thing for about 6 weeks now!!! I get right to my goal (or a little under on my scale) then justify something, then get back on the wagon, get back to goal, then justify. It's never more than a 2-3 lb swing and I've been there for a while, but it's so frustrating.

I think what I'm going to do is phase off. I'm wearing size 4 pants, which is lower than I've ever been in my adult life and seems like I can maintain at the 136-139 range so I'm going to try that for a while and then decide maybe in January if I want to try for the last few lbs. It will also let me see how maintaining goes for ~6 weeks. I think that's better for me than continuing this for the sake of a number on a scale.

Sorry I don't have any sage advice -- I'm sure others on here will and I will be reading that too
jules26965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:01 PM   #3  

3 lbs? My weight fluctuates that much in a day.

After I reached goal, I'll need a small reboot every now and then. What really helps me is to log everything I've eaten. I use the myfitnesspal app. I find on those days when I eat everything, I don't log at all. It makes a huge difference for me.
Ugh73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:06 PM   #4  
Restart: 1/5/15

S/C/G: 212/199.2/140

Height: 5'9"/36 yo

I'm a long shot from being this close to goal, but I have a feeling that I'm going to be temped to fall off the wagon when I start to get closer, too. My plan is to buy myself a prize as motivation (something I really really REALLY want). Hopefully that will work--but I totally get where you're coming from.
benice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:29 PM   #5  
Restart: 1/5/15

S/C/G: 212/199.2/140

Height: 5'9"/36 yo

Oooh! RN, I see you are in Annapolis. We went back last year for Army/Navy. It was my first time (DH is a USNA alum) and the town is adorable. What a great place to live!
benice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:00 PM   #6  
Restart 12/29/13

S/C/G: 172/160/135

Height: 5'2

Jules, I'm glad I'm not alone...but it is frustrating! We've come sooo far to start acting silly now! Size 4! I'm so jealous! I'm still in an 8, but for me, that is the smallest I've been in 10 years.

To Ugh, you're right, three pounds might not seem like a big deal. For me, it's more about reaching my goal than three pounds and actually losing the weight I have tried to lose so many times. It's about proving to myself I can do it. For some reason...I am struggling with the last step. That's why I'm reaching out for help. Writing things down is a great idea. I think I'll give that a shot again

Benice, I'm so glad you like Annapolis! I'm not originally from MD, but I do really love the area. Very quaint. Navy games are always fun, especially that one!

Thanks again for all your suggestions...
RN4Babies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:26 PM   #7  
Started IP 6/14

S/C/G: 171.1/165.8/135

Height: 5'4"

Maybe if you commit to posting in the daily thread what your meal plan for the day if that will help with accountability? When are you most likely to "cheat"? For me it's at night so I've put everything in a box that I would cheat with (those freaking soy puffs) and had my hisband hide it before, since I wasn't really hungry just wanted more of whatever.

I am really scared of phasing off too. I know that maintenance is a lot of work and phase 1 is so easy! But we always have phase 1 to fall back on and that's very comforting too. Good luck with your choices -- I totally get *wanting* those 3 lbs just to say you did it

Last edited by jules26965; 11-28-2012 at 02:27 PM.
jules26965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:04 PM   #8  
Restart 4/1/19

S/C/G: 226.8/190.0/140

Height: 5' 5"

I would suggest, distraction techniques, not letting yourself get too hungry and if all else fails, get every form of temptation out of the house until those last few lbs are off. If you can't resist cheese get rid of it for a couple weeks until you reach your goal!

Good luck, we are all pulling for you. I can easily see myself having the exact same problem. I distract myself by posting recipes on Pinterest...sounds strange I know, but it's been working for me!
Bella73123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:06 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 151/133/120

Height: 5'1"

I know how you feel. I reached my goal. Was on Phase 2 for 2 days and started eating everything in the house for the next 10 days. I gained 5 lbs. Started Phase 1 again on Monday. I have lost the 5 lbs and started Phase 2 again today. So far so good. I just have to stick with it, be very prepared and not let the stress of work get to me. I have a trip in 77 days and I so want to look good in a swim suit!
bolt is offline   Reply With Quote