Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 06:47 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 11/28/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
Old 11-28-2012, 07:13 AM   #2  
Joined IP 6-26-12

Height: 4' 10"

Good morning. WI yesterday. Finally a 3# weight loss. Over Thanksgiving and a birthday. Now I know I can do this. Was getting a little discouraged over the last few weeks with slow weight loss.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/172/135

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missdee18 View Post
Good morning. WI yesterday. Finally a 3# weight loss. Over Thanksgiving and a birthday. Now I know I can do this. Was getting a little discouraged over the last few weeks with slow weight loss.
Congrats!!! I had my WI today and had a 3 lb loss too!! Yippee!
Old 11-28-2012, 07:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

megscarles and misdee congrats on your 3 pound loss that is huge!

maezy reading thru yesterday's post I see you lost 2.6 pounds, yippee, good for you. Crying, really??? May I than have your 2.6 since according to my scale I have not lost any weight in the last week. Though I fit in blouses that I wore 20 years ago, skin tight indian blouses.

exactor - congrats on losing 2.6 pounds, 50 pound mark is huge as well, congrats on onderland and the fat %.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:36 AM   #5  
Restart Apr 8 2013

S/C/G: 218.6/207.6/141

Height: 5'6.5"

Wow! Congrats on the 11.2 pounds lost in this thread already! My computer is getting lighter already. And skin tight blouses? Sexy!
I am going to meet my goal today and consume all the food and water! Just wait and see. It if the first day of my second week and hearing y'alls progress, I know I am ready!!
Make a healthful, happy and prosperous day for yourselves today!!! Sending such wishes your way!

Last edited by libertybelle; 11-28-2012 at 07:37 AM.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:42 AM   #6  

today is my weigh in day, i am munching on salty homemade zucchini chips, according to my home scale have not lost anything.

here's what i learned new this week, that is embarrassing. I was eating 2 to 3 times the allotted chicken.

I know have weighed my chicken, frozen one serving in the fridge at work, 2 at home, so in a pinch i have my tandoori marinated chicken

hoping next week i will see better numbers. also i did exercise this week on my coach's prodding, did some weights.

it's a journey and i am enjoying it
Old 11-28-2012, 07:56 AM   #7  
60 great years young

S/C/G: 188/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyainva View Post
today is my weigh in day, i am munching on salty homemade zucchini chips, according to my home scale have not lost anything.

here's what i learned new this week, that is embarrassing. I was eating 2 to 3 times the allotted chicken.

I know have weighed my chicken, frozen one serving in the fridge at work, 2 at home, so in a pinch i have my tandoori marinated chicken

hoping next week i will see better numbers. also i did exercise this week on my coach's prodding, did some weights.

it's a journey and i am enjoying it
Wow eating two times the protein and consistently losing! That is remarkable. Sounds like your fuel burner is working GREAT and bet the road ahead will be even better. Best wishes.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:02 AM   #8  

Thank you shedit, sure hope so, how are you doing?

I went closet shopping and I had a dress I bought a year ago, that never fit me and it zipped last night, so I am doing the happy dance

i find it is easier for me to focus on lot of the positives that are happening with our bodies and mind.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:09 AM   #9  
60 great years young

S/C/G: 188/ticker/150

How wonderful Sonya. My first WI is this morning. After one week OP I am amazed at how terrific I am feeling. Did not realize I had become so sluggish from my prior carbo laden eating! I am sure that I have lost a few pounds and optimistic about making my goals. I appreciate you and the others who post on 3FC. Have a great day!
Old 11-28-2012, 08:10 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyainva View Post
megscarles and misdee congrats on your 3 pound loss that is huge!

maezy reading thru yesterday's post I see you lost 2.6 pounds, yippee, good for you. Crying, really??? May I than have your 2.6 since according to my scale I have not lost any weight in the last week. Though I fit in blouses that I wore 20 years ago, skin tight indian blouses.

exactor - congrats on losing 2.6 pounds, 50 pound mark is huge as well, congrats on onderland and the fat %.
Hey Sonya - yes tears over the no inch loss. It's frustrating but I have decided I'm not measuring again until the new year. I KNOW my clothes are falling off of me so something has to be working and measurements are done differently by different people. After I wallowed in self pity for a few hours I got over myself and used my disappointment as motivation. The support and "the kicks in the butt" from everyone helped so much!

It's a blustery 43 degrees in Baton Rouge today!!! Sunny and 60 is our forecast. Gonna be a great day
Old 11-28-2012, 08:29 AM   #11  
Restart Apr 8 2013

Well, that is cool that you've don'e so well on extra servings of chicken! The progress will give you the motivation with those chicken portions!!!

How do make the zucchini chips?

It's a good journey, isn't it?
Old 11-28-2012, 08:33 AM   #12  

Thinly slice zucchini chips, place on parchment paper to bake at 220, you have to play with your oven, atleast 45 minutes on each side.

spice it up with salt, garlic powder paprika, what ever you like

maezy, your clothes are falling off??? good for you!! brush off and go closet shopping!
Old 11-28-2012, 08:36 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning Everyone!

Food for thought...My brain has been mulling over what's going to happen when I reach goal. I currently make two meals, one for me and one for the rest of the family. I am a little worried about what I am going to do. I'm in a house of picky eaters who like their carbs. Will I be able to transition everyone over to what I can eat, or will I have to continue to make two different meals? Right now, the two meals are simple because they are usually supplemented with premade protein shakes, etc. When I get to phase 4, that will get more complicated.

What to do, what to do????? Anyone else thinking about this?
Old 11-28-2012, 08:37 AM   #14  
Restart Apr 8 2013

Maezy: How cool! I haven't seen the scale go down, but even up, in 5 days, but I am thinking about your falling off clothes and incented!!!

Focusing on the fat percentage instead. My husband ran in a marathon and has one of those scales that tells you your body fat, water weight, muscle, etc. Instead of feeling discouraged, my body fat is down 2%.
cip
Sonya: Thanks for the yummy recipe. Picking up more zucchini (and splenda) in a few minutes!

Mandy: I worry about this a lot! Eating what our family wants is part of what gets some of us into this mess. I brought my family in and we had a talk about my health and a family commitment to us all being healthy. Then we made a deal: I would make healthy dinners, and if they didn't like it, they could have a pb&j or something else healthy they can make. So, I've made my dinners in portions big enough for the family and an extra dish for them to enjoy. They are eating a lot of sandwiches! But I really want them to have healthy life habits so I am hoping they will keep working to incorporate my meals into theirs.

Last edited by libertybelle; 11-28-2012 at 09:40 AM.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:50 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 136/120/115

Sonya - WOW....2-3 times the protein allotment and STILL consistently losing? Color me envious!!! Your body must require more protein...good for you! (Wish mine did...lol!)

Maezy - your clothes are falling off and you LOST 2.6 lbs? Don't make me come find you here in BR and shake the sillies out of you! Don't worry about the tape measure - look and feel the fit of your clothes, girl!

Missdee and Megs, congrats on your losses! I actually had a 2.4 loss at WI Monday - which I was very happy with - especially with Thanksgiving falling during the week.

Good luck, everyone. Have a great and 100% OP day!
Closed Thread