South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 06:12 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Terrific Tuesday - Nov. 27

Good morning. (Got the date right third try!)

A normal day ahead - even woke up at my old time of 5:20 instead of "sleeping in" until 6. So nice to have water back. As Joni says "You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone"! A soak in a hot tub was just wonderful last night.

This morning I'll be catching up on the stuff I should have done yesterday. I did make it to my Mill Board meeting with a hastily cobbled together financial report and then drove some old towels and blankets to the vet to be used for rescued animals. I met Mae, a German short-haired pointer, who was a charmer but I hardened my heart. No more hounds for me - they are such roamers.

Off to the doc late morning for a prescription for Twin-Rix (sp?) to get ready for Cuba. No sense taking chances at my advanced age and delicate constitution - not! (I think I am the only person who was ever constipated in Mexico! TMI, I'm sure!)

Pop in and share you plans or just say Hi!
Old 11-27-2012, 06:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, Ruth. Sounds like you've got a busy day ahead.

I just got off work about an hour ago and figured there's no sense in going to bed when I've got to be in court at 0815 hrs (it's 0642 hrs right now). So here I sit, still in my uniform, killing time until court. I can't wait to get back home and crash, LOL

Aside from that the only plans for today will be to sleep and then get up for work. Wash, rinse, repeat. Blech.

Hope everybody has a great day!!!
Old 11-27-2012, 06:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

LOL, Ruth, it sounds like you're giddy with joy over having water this morning. I hope you have a good day, catching up on financial reports and what-nots!

I'm keeping an eye to the weather, but so far it's only raining. We supposed to get the changeover soon, though. Snow sure would make everything look pretty, as long as it stays off the paved surfaces.

I think a nice hot bowl of cranberry oatmeal would make a nice start to the day. Anyone want to join me?
Old 11-27-2012, 06:58 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Ruth, I'm glad you enjoyed your nice soak compliments of a new pump! Glad the issue wasn't more serious!

Natasha, I hope you're home soon!

Linda, thx for the oatmeal offer-I'd better stick with my smoothie this morning.

Pearlrose, sorry about your ipad...rats!

We went to bed early and I had a full 8 hours sleep! Hurrah! We've enjoyed coffee and now I have some time to pick up/project before DH gets back from the shop. I bought fresh basil and need to get my favorite salad dressing made before the basil expires....and a few other niggles, I'm sure.

Have a great day everyone! I'm off to work sooner vs later!
Old 11-27-2012, 07:00 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ohhhhh, cranberry oatmeal sounds amazing!!

We do have a bit of **SNOW** here!! Whoopppeeee!! Not enough, but I guess the day is not done.

Ruth, I'm so glad you got your water back. I'm with you on the hounds...they should never, ever be off a leash!!

Natasha - is that a new pic?! Cute, cute, cute!! I realized yesterday I need to change mine, haven't done that in a year.

I actually just got off my stationary bike, I keep telling myself I need to get up earlier and start exercising if I ever want to drop some lbs. WOO HOO! Wasn't too bad either, I'm glad that is over with.

Next up - get the kids off to school, make a batch of black bean and sweet potato soup, and then work til 7. And this is why I worked out early...

Have a great day, chicks!

Good morning Debbie! And you reminded me - sorry to hear about your iPad, Karen. I left my iPod in an airport terminal - it is gone.

Last edited by TwynnB; 11-27-2012 at 07:01 AM.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:08 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I STILL haven't adjusted to the time change! Can't stay awake at night and can't sleep longer in the mornings. Sigh. I'm off to yoga today, then I work this afternoon. Maybe I'll start working on holiday cards this week.

Have a great day.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:38 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's my slightly later day so I'm enjoying a leisurely cup of coffee and making my plan. I have to include filling the bird feeders, the little piggys are eating me out of house and home already this year. It doesn't look like any serious snow for us yet. I am in no hurry, I'll just enjoy Twynn's snow (and my Mom's, hit with a vengeance after we left).

I can't believe November is almost over. The fall has just whizzed by.

Last edited by CyndiM; 11-27-2012 at 01:07 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:00 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Ruth hooray for hot baths

Natasha that is about what we walked each day in NYC Hope your time in court is short

Cottage that oatmeal sounds delish stay safe if it does snow

Debbie 8 hours of sleep is wonderful

Twynn enjoy the snow

Karen I haven't adjusted either doing the same thing

Cyndi enjoy your leisurely morning.

tonight is Awana and trying to do a bit more laundry, got groceries last night so doing Phase 1 today to get back on track for a few days.

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 11-27-2012, 09:43 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Wow this is what I get for sleeping until 9. I have been a little off the last few days, but once I fall asleep I stay there.

Natasha, testifying can be stressful. Only once was I called into court as a dispatcher. That one was hard. Now I do it all the time when someone fights traffic tickets lol.

Pearlrose sorry about your I pdad. We take so many lost property reports, but especially larcenies. They are quite popular among thieves.

Tammy and Linda we have snow here. Just the grass is covered which is good because I have errands to run.....maybe later I'll sneak up to Ruth's and use her hot tub Glad you got your water back

Hi Debbie and Karen. Debbie I do smoothies too, quick and easy for me.

Come January I am going to have to make some adjustments to my work eating routine. We picked our jobs for the new year and I decided to go back to patrol. Change is good and since I haven't been on patrol since my back surgery, it's time. I will be working at the palace, Grand Central Terminal. I will be working Sunday, Monday and Tuesdays plus Wednesday every 21 days. I will miss working with John, but hopefully next year he can get out too since he will only have one in daycare then. So the next few weeks I need to get my uniforms (different than what I wear now) in shape. In 10 years I have only worked GCT maybe 5 times. Guess I'll learn it now lol

Oh great the ex husband is on the phone great!
Old 11-27-2012, 06:05 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Cottage - Oooh, cranberry oatmeal sounds yummy!!!

Lexxiss - Yay for 8 hours of sleep!!! Today was the perfect dreary weather day for good sleep, but it eluded me, LOL

Twynn - Yes ma'am, it's a new pic from last week when I got my highlights done. That was it's initial purpose but then, as I got more and more compliments, it became the "post break-up, look what you messed up and lost" photo. LMFAO Okay, not really, but it sounds good. But we're trying to work things out now, so I guess I can't call it that anymore.

Pearlrose - Walking around NYC is quite possibly one of my favorite things to do. There's no shortage of sights to see and the miles sure seem to pass by faster than they do here in Warner Robins.

Jekel - My record remains intact...12 years and STILL never testified in court. I sat in the Solicitor's Office for an hour this morning w/ a couple of officers, an ex-officer's wife, and 2 citizens before they came in and told us that he pled out. Wow, back to patrol, huh??? Sounds like a decent schedule, though. I'm sure you'll get back in the swing of things easily...just like riding a bike.

As for me, I'm back at work for the night. Luckily I only got stuck at court for an hour this morning, so I got to bed around 10 and slept until nearly 4. I was so tired, though, that I actually answered the phone when a bill collector called (my brother's, for the record, not mine, LOL). I'll be glad when the night is over. Oh, and best part of the day??? I got someone to agree to work the first half of my shift for me on Saturday so that I can stay home and enjoy the SEC title game!!! Woot woot!!!
Closed Thread