View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 10:14 PM   #8
linJber

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

BeverlyJoy - your outlook is always so positive. I love your posts for that reason. I'm going to pass on my thoughts about "dieting" in general. We all have things that tempt us and pull us off plan. But most of the time we are able to eat what we know we should and keep our focus. The trick is never letting one day be more than that.

I've decided that I want to try to eat and think like a thin person. The thin people I know eat tons of stuff on Thanksgiving. Maybe 2X what they eat on a regular day. They eat the carbs, they eat the sweets, they eat second helpings. But - they only do it for the one day and usually compensate by eating less the days before and / or after.

I think this mentality helps me. My DD is thin and very fit. She watches what she eats as closely as I do, but you'd never know that if you saw her when she's out because that's the only time she really splurges. And I notice that she doesn't "clean her plate" - ever. Maybe this is a harder habit to break thatn we think! What I'm trying to tell myself now is this - If I eat it, I'll wish I hadn't, so the choice of eating or throwing away should be easy. If it's enough to freeze, I freeze leftovers immediately. If I put them in the fridge, they are easy to come back to. Harder to do if they're frozen. And then I have ready-made meals in a pinch, so there's no excuse for not eating right.

This is a ramble - sorry. Just realize you've inspired many friends in here and we are all behind you on this. You can get back on plan. And if the rest of you life consists of mostly eating healthy foods in healthy quantities with a few bad binge days scattered along the way - Oh, well! Habits DO die a slow death and they don't go quietly! LOL Good luck getting back on plan.

Lin

Life style change started on Jan 13, 2011. I was going to lose 100 pounds by Christmas.
I lost 93 pounds by Oct 1, 2011 and am holding there for now. We'll see what happens.
New goal: To maintain at about 160 Final Goal: To decide if I need to lose more
Just Keep On Keepin' On
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote