General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 11-23-2012, 07:13 PM   #1  

Default Coffee has always made me hungry

But it's great for my energy level in order to work out (have fibromyalgia and CFS although i've come a LONG way) and also it has been proven to help increase calorie/fatty acid burn in aerobic exercise. i usually almost always consume it with food to minimize that gnawing hunger feeling i get but it has to be a meal and not a snack. i really wish it didn't have this effect on me, anyone else have this problem? i do also drink tea and it doesn't have the same effect as a cup of coffee but it also doesn't have the energy kick either. Although Matcha tea (pure ground green tea leaves) does have a smoother energizing kick on me, maybe i should just stick to that i love coffee, though
3fcuser291505109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/214/125

Height: 5'

I love coffee, too. I've recently come to terms with the fact that this is the one luxury I just can't (won't is the word I use now, because I'm making a choice) give up. I love everything about coffee, from grinding the beans, to setting up the pot, to holding the warm cup in my hands. I finally realized that I was giving up too much of a happy feeling by trying to give that up. I try to drink less of it and compensate by drinking more water. It's never made me hungry though.
valarielala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:26 PM   #3  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

It's the crash that gives you that 'hungry' feeling, it happens to me too. I get all jittery and think 'I need to eat!'

I've cut down to 1 cup a day to avoid that crash, and I take a vitamin B complex with a timed release for additional energy throughout the day. Maybe you could try that?
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:35 PM   #4  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Coffee has the opposite effect on me... It seems to do a good job of curbing my appetite... But I only drink 1-2 cups a day because I'm definitely more sensitive to the caffeine on the reduced amount of calories that I'm taking in now, even at maintenance...
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:57 PM   #5  

I usually drink it on an empty stomach in the morning and do pretty well- practice IF, so I don't eat after.

Maybe you could train yourself to drink it on an empty stomach and get used to it?? If you have tried, then maybe it is just one of those things that is what it is. Maybe you could try making it a little weaker while drinking on an empty stomach?

I used to smoke a loooong time ago, but ciggs always made me hungry! It's like it got my metabolism speeded up and with that my appetite.
kelleyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:07 PM   #6  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

I tried giving it up, but I really do love it. So many other foods I've given up, so I'm hanging on to it. Just have one cup a day, however. I drink it bulletproof-style, with a tablespoon each of organic grass-fed ghee and MTC pil. It takes the place of breakfast for me and I can go till noon without eating. I like controling my calories that way.
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:10 PM   #7  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

I love coffee. I used to have huge crashes after drinking it, which I found out wasn't the coffee but rather the sugar in the coffee. (I like my coffee light and sweet). I switched from sugar and creamer to stevia drops and almond milk. No more crashes. I'm glad, because coffee is the one vice I do not want to give up.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote