Old 11-24-2012, 12:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 302/302/200

Height: 5'6"

Default 50 GR./day carb meal plan???

Are there any sites out there that I get a meal plan for 50 carbs a day??? I would like to follow a meal plan for the first few weeks to get myself in the swing.....
I did not do well on south beach and a co-worker is doing this WOE through a local hospital and seems to having good results...she is not a friendly person or I would ask to borrow her meal plan....
Anyhoo ....would love some elp on this if anyone has some
dinomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:12 PM   #2  

I also would love this information. I didn't even know there was such a meal plan. Thanks.

Sheridan
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:31 PM   #3  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

This is just a guess here... But I would think that one of the many Atkins cookbooks or any number of the other low carb cookbooks that are out there might have some meal plans in that range...

But also you could put something together by just basing your meals around some lean protein and green leafy and/or non-starchy veggies... and at 50g of carbs a day you could probably have some lower carb fruit like berries...

If I were shooting for 50g of carbs a day I would probably do something simple like this...

Breakfast: Some sort of eggs (scrambled, fried, poached, and omelet... Totally up to you...) with maybe some turkey sausage (or bacon, or ham, or regular sausage if you like...) and maybe some strawberries...

Lunch: A nice big salad with your choice of low carb dressing and a some lean protein of your choice as well... Maybe some grilled chicken breast or grilled shrimp... or even tuna fish if you like... It's up to you...

Dinner: I would plan around some sort of lean protein like flank steak or grilled fish, or roast chicken or even roast pork loin... and a nice non-starchy vegetable like asparagus, or broccoli, or cauliflower... with some butter or olive oil...

Dessert: Some berries with maybe some cream... or perhaps a couple of small squares of dark chocolate that was on the lower carb side...

Basically you could do endless variations on each of these meal themes and keep your carbs at around 50g a day with not too much effort...

Good luck...
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:27 PM   #4  

Dear TripSwitch,

Now you have a fascinating screen name. Hope all is well in NYC.
Your info makes it so clear and I think I will be able to do that.

For some reason seeing your advice laid out makes so much sense and it seems possible.

I rally love carbs but it is time to break up withthem for the most part.Thank you so much.

Sheridan
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:13 PM   #5  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
Dear TripSwitch,

Now you have a fascinating screen name. Hope all is well in NYC.
Your info makes it so clear and I think I will be able to do that.

For some reason seeing your advice laid out makes so much sense and it seems possible.

I rally love carbs but it is time to break up withthem for the most part.Thank you so much.

Sheridan
Thanks Sheridan...

I really love carbs too... And these days instead of just "counting carbs" I do my best to "make my carbs count" and what I mean by that is I try and chose carbs that give me the most nutritional bang for my buck... Veggies, some fruit, and even some whole grains...

Good luck!
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: size24W/size12/size10

Height: 5'5"

I found a lady online that kept track of her low carb meal plans for about 7 years and published them to share with others. She even has the recipes for most of her meals. Hope this helps!

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/menus.html
angieand2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:58 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/220/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieand2girls View Post
I found a lady online that kept track of her low carb meal plans for about 7 years and published them to share with others. She even has the recipes for most of her meals. Hope this helps!

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/menus.html
Your weightless is inspirational!!!! Congrats
Cinders35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:50 PM   #8  

i'd look at atkins or other low carb plans and go to the later phases after there off the more restrictive phase you can get good ideas
mom2threebratz is offline   Reply With Quote