Old 11-19-2012, 01:30 PM   #1  
Lifestyle Changer

S/C/G: see sig

Height: 5' 6"

Default More than 100

Hello, I am a new member, just joined a few minutes ago. I have a great deal of weight to lose and have some physical limitations to boot. I hope I can find like-minded people here to share this journey with. I find my need to lose this amount of weight a bit overwhelming. I have rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalga that will limit the exercise that I am able to do. I need to go from 291 down to 160 ish.
Rhonda Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:59 PM   #2  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Hi! We've got a lot of great members here so you're sure to feel very welcome.

I started out being over 200 pounds overweight, so I know how overwhelming it can be in the beginning. I'm sorry to hear that you have physical limitations, but many people here will tell you weight loss is more about how you eat as opposed to how much exercise you can do. Perhaps concentrate on looking at different eating plans or even building a plan of your own.

You can do this! You'll have our support as well as a place to vent and share triumphs here. Good luck to you.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:06 PM   #3  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Welcome Rhonda! I think you'll find this board a very friendly and helpful place to be, and do explore around the rest of the site for a gold mine of information
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:29 PM   #4  
Becoming A Better Me

welcome rhonda! Ur gonna love it here!
dangerouscurvesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:39 PM   #5  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Height: 5'6"

Default re:

It really can be done with no exercise. I have lost mine with very little exercise. Is that the BEST way - probably not. Is that possible for everyone - also probably not.

Like Elladorine said, it's really mostly about food intake.

The amount can certainly be overwhelming. Many people like to think of it in 'chunks'. Can you lose 5 lbs? I bet you can. Can you continually lose another 5 lbs over and over? I bet you can do that too.

Last edited by Vex; 11-19-2012 at 04:41 PM.
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:31 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Welcome - and ditto what everyone else said. We're all in this together.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:47 AM   #7  
I Will do this....

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 7

Just to stay I lost 145lbs with the help of the wonderful 3fatchicks, and THEN I started to exercise. It can be done
Good luck
starbrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:26 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 325/125/maintaining

Height: 5'6.5

I lost most of mine with very little, low impact exercise. I have degenerative back and bad arthritis in joints. I can do more exercise now that I've lost the weight, but still no where near what a lot of people on 3fc do everyday. I started out walking. Now I do the elliptical and gazelle...low impact machines...only 30 minutes a day. And started lifting heavy a few months ago. But, I had lost most of the weight before much exercise. You can do it! I've lost over 200 pounds and it makes a huge difference with arthritis. Really focus on your food choices.
KatMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:37 PM   #9  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

Welcome Rhonda

Like alot of people who have posted on your board, I lost a majority of my weight before taking up excerising. I didn't start hitting the gym until I lost 120 pounds, and didn't get serious about it until I hit 150 lost... Theres a saying around here.."Use diet for weightloss, use excerise for fitness..."

Starting out and feeling overwelmed is completely normal. It can help if you break it down into small goals...and celebrate all those milestones(both scale related and other milestones like being able to walk up stairs with ease, or fitting into a smaller size) with little rewards, like a new haircut, or a new shirt or something

Again, welcome, and congrats on losing the 9 pounds so far off your starting weight One more and your in double digets lost...*dances...
baker23 is offline   Reply With Quote