Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 05:23 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday 11/20/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
Old 11-20-2012, 06:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 373/331/195

Hi everyone...
I find myself needing a little encouragement this morning, or at least some words of wisdom.
I had WI 8 yesterday, and I was up 0.6 pds. I wasn't surprised as I'd been weighing myself at home and I was curious as to what the breakdown would be. Thinking that I would feel a lot better about a gain if at least the fat pounds went down - which they did by 4.8 pds which would be the most fat pounds I've lost in a week. (Strange that it happened on a gain week though.)
I should also mention that I'd just had two back to back whoosh weeks - 6.8 and 6.6 losses.
I know that I've been OP and so I'm telling myself that everything is on track I'm just having a weird week. However, all my self-talk doesn't amount to much when my coach was so harsh with me (in a group setting no less). I told my sister (also OP) that you'd think I'd gone out and ate a doughnut or something... Which I of course didn't do... I was OP!
So, what I'd like to know is - has this happened to other people? What was their experience with this kind of week? Any advice?
I want to keep positive!
Thanks! Have a great OP day everybody!
Old 11-20-2012, 06:49 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroovyCat View Post
Hi everyone...
I find myself needing a little encouragement this morning, or at least some words of wisdom.
I had WI 8 yesterday, and I was up 0.6 pds. I wasn't surprised as I'd been weighing myself at home and I was curious as to what the breakdown would be. Thinking that I would feel a lot better about a gain if at least the fat pounds went down - which they did by 4.8 pds which would be the most fat pounds I've lost in a week. (Strange that it happened on a gain week though.)
I should also mention that I'd just had two back to back whoosh weeks - 6.8 and 6.6 losses.
I know that I've been OP and so I'm telling myself that everything is on track I'm just having a weird week. However, all my self-talk doesn't amount to much when my coach was so harsh with me (in a group setting no less). I told my sister (also OP) that you'd think I'd gone out and ate a doughnut or something... Which I of course didn't do... I was OP!
So, what I'd like to know is - has this happened to other people? What was their experience with this kind of week? Any advice?
I want to keep positive!
Your coach was harsh? What happened?
I said this to someone else and it bears repeating...
I'm sorry your coach is treating you like that. I would not wait until next week to have a frank discussion about how you are feeling. Call him or her. You are the customer (paying $$$$) and deserve to have a good experience while doing IP. They may have good intentions and not know how they are making you feel. There is just a way to work with a client to help them learn and grow and empower them
Coaches need to be building people up, not tearing them down!

Did your measurements change? Remember there is more than one way to measure loss.. The scale is only part of the story. A good coach is also doing weekly measurements.
And some weeks our bodies are readjusting to bigger loss weeks. Your coach should know this and be preparing you for it. He/she is being PAID for this!!!!

The weight loss story isn't measured weekly but in overall trends. We can't let one day set our mood. The trend is headed the right direction.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:46 AM   #4  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Hi everyone...
I want to keep positive!
I stopped going to my coaches and started buying products online instead. I found that seeing the coaches did nothing but upset me, and I just don't need that aggravation right now.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:55 AM   #5  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Hi everyone...
I want to keep positive!
If you know you were 100% OP, I wouldnt worry too much about the tiny gain. I'm sure you will see a better result next week.

As for the coach, I would be honest with her and just tell her you are there for support not to be belittled in a group environment. If anything, she should have gone over your food journal with you privately so that she could see if you ate something off plan.

You are doing great so far! I haven't had a 6 lb loss since week 2, so whatever you are doing keep it up.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:56 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/194/175

Height: 5'9"

GroovyCat,
Don't let this discourage you! You are doing great in staying OP and your coach was wrong for not seeing what you have done as a positive. You know that you stayed on plan and that you didn't do anything wrong. Your body is going through a change and adjusting to what is happening, some weeks are going to be different than others. I myself have not experienced a week like this yet, but I only had WI #4 last night (down 4.5lbs). Don't let this discourage you. You are doing great and staying OP!!!
Take the advice of lisa32989 and give your coach a call to let them know how last night made you feel...that will make you feel better. Get your feelings out and maybe by you doing that your coach won't do what they did to someone else.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:44 AM   #7  
mei

S/C/G: 293/289/185

Height: 5'7"

GroovyCat: I'm of the same mind as others above...I wouldnt let that slide with your coach. Be honest with him/her how those words made you feel.

My first real NSV. It was much easier to shave my legs today than it used to be.

Last edited by mei; 11-20-2012 at 09:44 AM.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:47 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 248.4/156.8/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mei View Post
My first real NSV. It was much easier to shave my legs today than it used to be.
WOO HOO!!! Congrats, mei!
Old 11-20-2012, 09:53 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Quote:
I was just saying that yesterday to my husband. Congrats
Old 11-20-2012, 09:58 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Today I passed the 50lb loss mark. I am so excited but also a little ashamed that I still have so much to lose. Guess before IP I never really thought about how heavy I was. One thing that is scaring me is buying new cloths and getting rid of the old ones. It hurts when some including family say "you will gain it all back". I will make it to my goal of that I am sure but Maintaining I know will be the real challenge.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:18 AM   #11  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Height: 5'4"

i feel so blah today...TOM is here and I am so bloated! UGH!!!! hopefully the inflammation will go down by weigh in time on friday!
Old 11-20-2012, 10:22 AM   #12  

GROOVYCAT I would be blasting th coach for not being supportive. She/he should have looked in your journal and made suggestions. the LAST thing we need is for someone to belittle us because we've gotten a lot of that in our lives already! shame on her/him!

MEI congrats on your NSV!!! I'm going with no shave November! I don't think Ill make it to the end though. I'm about to start braiding my leg hair! ewwww

Monica going through the EXACT same thing! its not my family but my people at work but still, really negative about my weight loss. I decided to use it as motivation! I'll show those witches! I got rid of 5 garbage bags of clothes this past weekend. Left me feeling very vulnerable. My DH was great though and pointed out that I will never be there again so get rid of it. Then he sent me shopping for a few new things. Hadn't been clothes shopping in a while and boys what a difference! Gotta admit though I was anxious while shopping. Such a different experience! CONGRATS ON 50 LBS OFF!!!!! YOU ARE ROCKING THIS EATING PLAN!

I had a great WI today -3.8. I'm ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas! Bring it on!!!! Ill show you (my family) how to eat right!!! I avoided all the icky stuff at Halloween and I will continue to do so through all of these holidays as well. IPEEPS ARE STRONG!!!!!!!!

Last edited by maezy1; 11-20-2012 at 10:26 AM.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:25 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Hi everyone...
Sorry this happened to you; it sounds like you are doing truly FANTASTIC on IP. I remember someone having a similar experience with their coach recently and they said they decided to leave her (the coach) attitude at the door. I thought that was wonderful. Talking to her would be good, though. But don't let her get you down. You are doing everything right, she was the one who goofed here if she implied otherwise.

Quote:
GroovyCat: My first real NSV. It was much easier to shave my legs today than it used to be.
This is a wonderful thing, it makes me smile! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
Today I passed the 50lb loss mark.
WOW this is awesome! Try not to feel down, you are an inspiration to others in your success!

Other stuff: checking in for my daily support!

I was wondering if anyone can comment about the scales that supposedly measure body fat and IP. I read an article someone posted here about a week back in which they said those scales refelct a spike in body fat right before a big loss (if I understood it correctly.) It was the article about "Whooshes and Squishy Fat". I have one of those scales and it is all over the place. It can vary up to 8 or more points from one day to the next...I really just have to ignore it. What is up with those scales?

Also, yesterday someone said TOM is evil. TOM is always evil, but during my first TOM on IP, I felt as though I was possessed! Never have my hormones been so crazy and I so moody! I felt like a toxic hormone dump was occuring in my body. I sure hope it's not so bad this time. I've already warned all living creatures in my house as of yesterday that I might have to quarantine myself for the health and welfare of all! Did/does that happen to anyone else on IP?

Last, I 've been feeling a bit low because I'm all bloated with TOM and realize I probably won't make my Thanksgiving mini-goal (disappointed, I'm 100% OP, 2 lbs away and it was a modest goal). But then I realized I have lost 10% of my body weight since I started IP. Wasn't on my mini-goal list, but I guess it'll do!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 11-20-2012, 10:26 AM   #14  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
Today I passed the 50lb loss mark. I am so excited but also a little ashamed that I still have so much to lose. Guess before IP I never really thought about how heavy I was. One thing that is scaring me is buying new cloths and getting rid of the old ones. It hurts when some including family say "you will gain it all back". I will make it to my goal of that I am sure but Maintaining I know will be the real challenge.
CONGRATS on the 50 lbs!!!

I totally understand how you feel. Everyone always asks me how much I lost and it can be embarrasing to say over 50 lbs when I clearly have a lot more to lose. There are only a few people that I share the actual number of lbs lossed with.

Next time your family tells you that you will gain it back, let them know you have a long term plan to keep it off.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:32 AM   #15  

Nolawhodatchick I don't remember the thread but it was only a few days ago. Those things don't work correctly at all. They are very inaccurate at measuring body fat. I know John P put up an article about the different ways the scales measure depending on how it is programmed. Told my coach I'm not doing that anymore.

Last edited by maezy1; 11-20-2012 at 10:33 AM.
Closed Thread