South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 06:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Monday Beach Chat for 11/19

Good morning on this frigid Monday! The frost is on the pumpkin, as my grandfather used to say. I'd rather picture the frost as whipped cream on a slice of pumpkin pie. Low fat and sugar free, of course.

It's a short work week and my girls have half days of school all week, so that should make these next few days fun. I'll have to scurry to get all my work done in the morning so we can have the rest of the day to play.

How's your week shaping up on this countdown to turkey day?
Old 11-19-2012, 06:39 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Monday Chat on The Beach - November 19

Good morning and I hope I got the date right this morning.

Slept until 6 again which is great but also puts a bit of pressure on me to get outta here for gym by 7:30. No coffee with the "girls" after wards as I am driving a friend to a medical appointment for 9:30. After that, I may finish the raking which somehow did not get done yesterday. I know snow will be here soon so there is some pressure to get it cone although I'd rather be doing Christmas baking.

A little sad this morning because our Church will be closing December 30 but am pushing myself to get over it and think positive, although it's hard to think of closing a church as a positive thing. It's only a building and my friends are still here.

Now for an almond milk smoothie and on with the day. It's pretty cold out there and a remote car heater is starting to sound pretty good! I buy myself a Christmas Gift every year - so spoiled!

and tell us how you day looks.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:01 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Today and tomorrow are supposed to be data entry days but I have to head into town for a medical test that requires 2 appointments three hours apart. Guess I'll work at my in town office (the bagel shop with coffee and WiFi). Tomorrow I've got a late afternoon visit in town. Oh well, nice to be able to wait until it warms up out there. I will be able to do some pre-holiday cooking while I'm home working, not a bad arrangement

Cottage - I do like that visual better, makes it almost appealing.

Ruth - I bet you get yourself perfect gifts. You appreciate how wonderful you are and always seem to know exactly what you want.

It's my usual morning list time. Someday I will learn to make lists I can actually complete. Happy Monday

Last edited by CyndiM; 11-19-2012 at 07:01 AM.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:44 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning girls. Quite "crunchy" here with the frost too. Enjoying a bold brew before getting motivated. I am still up in Columbia County, but will be home later today. I never sleep as well as I do at home. Oh well.

Ruth I am sorry to hear about your church. Is there another parish close by? Please tell us what your Christmas present will be. I usually buy myself something too. I hate asking for gifts that I feel are too expensive or personal. This year I will be buying much needed supplies for the bike tour (cycling uniform jerseys, jacket, high end well padded shorts), but not until I get my holiday check in January. My mom and I are doing practical gifts this year. Lol she wants flannel sheets and me a large crock pot. I'm sure I will throw in something unexpected, sheets are boring lol.

Went to the recruiter yesterday. I must say I was so proud of my son. He was so mature, articulate and respectful. He made me get misty when the recruiter asked him what does Joe feel the hardest part of the Army would be for him. Joe said saying good bye. Now of course he may have been referring to his friends, but I like to believe he meant his family. He is still too young to enlist and a high school diploma is required. He is going to "soldier readiness training." It is after school on Thursdays at the recruiter's office. Basically it is PT learning basic principles and helps prepare them for basic training. I must admit I wanted to enlist after our meeting. I am trying to keep everything in perspective. I know my mom worries about me when I am on patrol, but she is happy I love what I do. I am the easier sell than my ex, he is not supportive of my son's decision. Hopefully he will come around in time rather than buy him off to keep him here. Yes he does things like that! Since this looks like the last summer Joe will be home I want to plan a nice trip just the two of us. Maybe Puerto Rico or a cruise to no where.

OK I just keep babbling away. I better get my butt moving and not back to bed either! Have a great day
Old 11-19-2012, 08:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks. I will not say too much since I have not had my coffee this morning...getting blood drawn.

Ruth, I'm so sorry to hear about your church .
Old 11-19-2012, 08:49 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks for getting us started, Linda. My Thanksgiving week is looking "busy". I'm off to work very soon....just wanted to say hi! Mom has an eye appt in Denver Wed. at 11 so I don't have to think about holiday shopping for awhile. We still haven't decided what to do about our holiday meal here, since DH and I have to go to his family event later in the day and mom and sis won't want to go, although they're always invited. complicated.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-19-2012, 08:53 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Cottage sounds like your week will be fun

Ruth it is always sad because you do have memories that are attached to that building, still kinda have to go through grieving process if that makes sense

Cyndi have fun at your town office... good luck with appointments

Jekel my son is wanting to join when he graduates from college but I think he moved from Active Duty to wanting to join the National Guard

Good morning Twynn

Spent the weekend getting all of the Christmas decorations up and we put up more of them since we are going to have company for Christmas. DD2 wanted to get them up before we left for NYC on Wednesday so they are already up when we get home, normally I wait until after Thanskgiving.

I am feeling a bit guilty for leaving the two older kids home seems like they did not make plans or let their friends know that we are leaving and will not be home for Thanksgiving, they are now going to have to go eat at a Restaurant that day.
Closed Thread