WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 10-12-2012, 01:20 PM   #1  

Default Just asking for some help

I don't go to WW meetings because they closed up the ones near me...I am still having a little problem with calculating points for chicken, ground beef and steak...not that I eat steak that much LOLOL.. but it seems there is nothing online to help...I get so confused looking up a chicken thigh, cause there is so many variations.. I am just curious is there a simple formula.. like one ounce of protein equals one point????
Crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 242/230.5/155

Height: 5'9"

It isn't as easy as a ratio. I wish it were. It is pretty clear with chicken breast that is skinless and boneless. That is 1 point per ounce. Chicken thigh, skinless and boneless has a different ratio. 1oz=1pt, 2oz=3pts, 3oz=4pts, 4oz=6pts. I would just look up the different protein that you use frequently and jot down their numbers. I have a tendency to use one to four ounces of meat for a meal. You probably are similar in this way. Make a notebook with the numbers for what you use the most. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Signey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:30 PM   #3  

Signey...I thank you very much for your help... I think I may just make a cheat sheet...once and for all.. I guess I wanted to take the easy way out and not look up nutritional info...on protein there is so many variables...know what I mean...
Old 10-13-2012, 09:16 AM   #4  

Signey...Let me thank you again...I found my Pocket Guide book..when I first joined back in January, before the meetings were closed down there.. .. and I am taking your advice immediately and making myself a cheat sheet...What a fantastic idea, that is going to work very well for me.. it seems everything is easy to calculate except the protein, I have a huge block......I basically eat thighs and I don't like the boneless ones so its hard to figure out what that weighs....but now I think I can be a little more accurate.. thank you so much again..
Old 11-12-2012, 03:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 242/230.5/155

Height: 5'9"

You are very welcome! I hope you are doing well.
Signey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:00 AM   #6  
WW Moderator

If you don't have any meetings nearby, then you will qualify for WW at Home. If you go to the official WW site, you can put in your zip code and check. They will mail you all of the materials, and you can use the online calculator with the program. Good luck!!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:16 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer 3FC View Post
If you don't have any meetings nearby, then you will qualify for WW at Home. If you go to the official WW site, you can put in your zip code and check. They will mail you all of the materials, and you can use the online calculator with the program. Good luck!!
Thank you very much for the information.. I wasn't aware of that....I am going now LOL!!!