South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 05:59 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default SBD Weekend Chat, Nov 17-18

Good Morning

I'm out the door in about an hour...it's my early day at work and the one where I get the most exercise. Whoopee! The airport was a late one last eve so I'm running on fumes...time for coffee and promise of a nap later in the day.

What's on your agenda this weekend? Stop by and chat
Old 11-17-2012, 06:37 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. It's a good thing somebody knows the date. Thanks for starting us up, Debbie, and with the right date. I guess I was still asleep yesterday when I came in.

Pet therapy and cookie baking are on the plan this morning with leaf raking happening when it warms up a bit this afternoon. I have to be on duty at the Town Hall tonight as it's the first night of the Celebrate the Season and also a rehearsal for next week's pageant. We may have to re-locate the rehearsal as the building is a disaster with holes in the floor and all kinds of construction crud and power tools in the main hall. No heat and no water sounds like a "no go" to me. We'll see what happens by 3 this afternoon but ...

Time for another coffee and then I'll see if I can whip up my Split Second cookies - they remind me of biscotti but really are quick.

Happy Saturday.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I've been officially diagnosed with Pemphigus Vulgaris, a rare auto-immune disease. My body is basically attacking my skin, and for me that is happening in my mouth and throat. I am relieved to at least know. This morning I am heading out to try to get in again for fasting blood work without an appointment. Then I head to the pharmacy to pick up my Prednisone. I'll see the doctor in just over 2 weeks to evaluate my progress.

I probably won't be posting much since my "diet" is pretty dictated right now by what I can eat with the least discomfort. I'm also going to try to cut out many of the foods that some people seem to find cause an increase in symptoms. I actually made chicken soup for the first time ever the other day so I could have it without any onion or seasonings. I know what I'll be doing with the turkey carcass this year!

And I have to admit that I am rather not looking forward to what is a reportedly inevitable weight gain from the steroids. Oh well, such is life.

I work this afternoon, for the first time in days, then off again until Wednesday. Weird scheduling lately.

Have a good weekend, all.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning,

Debbie, it sounds like you're wired and running on your second wind. I hope you can find time for a nap later, as I think you're really going to need it!

Ruth, I must have that recipe for Split Second cookies, especially since I love biscotti so much! Pretty please? I hope maybe a church will let you hold temporary rehearsal until your Towne Hall renos are finished.

Yesterday was a busy, but satisfying day of housecleaning, laundry, grocery shopping, and pruning back my roses. I feel good that I got so much done so I can have a play day today. I'm going over to Mom & Dad's for a while this morning, and this afternoon I'm going to a Thirtyone Party at my SIL's, where I hope to do some Christmas shopping.
I made a yummy Cauliflower Curry for supper last night and I'm looking forward to leftovers tonight.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:14 AM   #5  

Karen, I'm glad you finally got a confirmed diagnosis, but it doesn't sound very pleasant. I hope the prednisone gives you some relief and you can turn this disease around. Please DO continue to pop in and let us know how you're doing! WE CARE and we'll miss you very much if we don't here from you! Feel better soon, Sweetie.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:18 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

Karen, so sorry to hear of your diagnosis although I understand your relief at finally knowing. Please don't worry about weight gain on prednisone - it is not inevitable. Let's hope it eases your discomfort quickly. Do keep popping in to let us know what's happening.

ETA: Cottage and I are really not joined at the waist!
Old 11-17-2012, 07:24 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning

Karen I am sorry you have to deal with this. Hopefully the prednisone will give you some much needed relief. Keep educating yourself as hopefully it will help ease eliminate "triggers"Don't stress too much over weight gain with prednisone . You seem to lead an active lifestyle which should help offset some of the side effects. We are all here for you

Ruth I give you so much credit. How do you resist eating the cookies?? I decided no holiday baking for me this year. I have no will power with homemade cookies.

Debbie hopefully the coffee and energetic work day will perk you up

TGIF for me Tomorrow I am going with my son to the Army recruiter. He us taking a written aptitude test. Since he is too young to enlist, they require parents to attend. He plans on enlisting in the reserves at 17. Completing basic training the summer between his junior and senior year of high school. Enrolling in SUNY Delhi, majoring in automotive business management. He will do his service in conjunction with his education. Like any parent I worry, but this is a plan I can support. Too many of his friends without plans get into serious trouble. As an only child, I think he will benefit for the commodity too. Maybe he will even make his bed lol.

Have a great day all
Old 11-17-2012, 07:49 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Wow, I sleep in until 7:30 am, and I find a bunch of chatty chicks!

Karen - oh, suck, I would be nervous about the prednisone too, but I'm glad you finally have an answer. LOL...I know a little bit about it, dogs get it too! I'm with Cottage, you must check in with us no matter what!

Ruth - sounds like a "no go" to me!! and, a very busy day again for you.

Debbie - Thanks for starting us off, hope you're having a great day!

Cottage - YAY for busy days, and even better to get a reward play day today!

Jekel - That's awesome for your son. It has to be scary and comforting, all at the same time.

My hubbie and I had a *great* time last night. Dinner out (I wasn't bad, but prob not within calories!!), then a concert that was FANTASTIC!!! Cyndi, I thought of you...you may like them too. They did the soundtrack to "O Brother Where Art Thou" and sounded amazing. LOL...in one song, they passed around a bowl of plastic kids' instruments (It was a small room of 60 people) and had us play too. I got the tambourine . Don't tell my kids!

Today - work , and then who-knows-what. I'm thinking tonight is a family night, and I can attempt to beat my 9 year old in Rummikub. He's way-too-good at it!!

Last edited by TwynnB; 11-17-2012 at 07:49 AM.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:14 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's finally a whole weekend off and at home and I've got the To Do list to prove it Right now I'm just trying to get motivated though I did manage one load of laundry so far.

Debbie - Good luck today, sounds like it could be a long one.

Ruth - that recipe sounds good, please share?

Karen- knowing is better than not knowing. They are making all kinds of progress with odd auto immune things, hope you get some relief fast.

Cottage - love curry anything Happy Saturday

Jennifer - any down time for you on the agenda?

Tammy - I will check them out. thanks!

Now to figure out how much to cook for home, what to make for T-Day, and create a grocery list. then the cleaning list. must make time for exercise!

It's sunny but very cold here. Still better than the dreaded "s" word!

Last edited by CyndiM; 11-17-2012 at 08:15 AM.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:42 AM   #10  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

morning all -

was up early, donated blood and went food shopping. Now am home eating a PH1 friendly breakfast that DW made (?!?!) before heading back out to return a few things. Then I will nap and do some work that I didn't do yesterday. Tomorrow we've got Fanksgiving (Fake Thanksgiving) with friends...only Ph2 friendly foods for me!

Happy Saturday!
Old 11-17-2012, 11:31 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good evening, ladies...just popping in to say hello. Busy night at work w/ a fatality motorcycle accident not long after we walked in the door.

Ruth - LOL, some days I don't remember what day it is, either. At least I'm not the only one!!! Oooh, I love biscotti, too. Are these SBD friendly cookies??? Because they sound like they need to be shared if they are, LOL

WaistingTime - I'm glad you finally got some answers as to what is going on w/ you. Not as good as nothing being wrong, of course, but at least now that you have answers you can work on treating it. Good luck!!!

jekel - Sounds like your son has his head on straight. As a parent that has GOT to make you proud. Good luck to him!!!

Twynn - Sounds like you had a fantastic night out!!! I love the music from O Brother Where Art Thou!!!

to all you other lovely ladies!!!

As for me, I'm just plugging along. Got some staff issues to handle tomorrow and some paperwork to write up, but other than that things are pretty normal here. Still attempting to locate work in Massachusetts, but not having much luck. I've just about resigned myself to going up after Christmas w/ no job and just hitting up the temp agencies, but I'm concerned that prospective employers will look at that and think that I'm running from some type of disciplinary issue in Georgia. Damned if I do, damned if I don't. Blech.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:19 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Good morning. It's supposed to be sunny today but it's black as pitch right now. It's only 22ºF right now but is supposed to hit 45 later. I hope they're right as I want to rake some more leaves later.

First though, there's Church, followed by a rather sad meeting about finances. I think the writing is on the wall that we may be closing after Christmas. I hope the meeting is quick - it's sort of like ripping off a Band-Aid - fast is less painful.

Hope your Sunday is a good one.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:46 AM   #13  

it must be pretty cold out since the bedroom was freezing when I crawled out from under the covers. Brrrrrrrr!

We still have the never ending leaf raking to deal with today, too, but as long as it's sunny, I enjoy being outside. I want to run to the store first, though, and pick up a turkey and the trimmings. I found out yesterday at my SIL's that T-Day dinner is going to be here, after all, she's just invited my parents to her house. I really don't mind, and she wasn't clear when she told me about it the first time, so I was half expecting it. We'll only have between 9-12 people here, so it won't be too big of a deal.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:00 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ruth - that's sad to hear about your church. My good client (the pastor), as well as our sweet neighbors, are in a struggling church. We couldn't get ourselves to join, because we weren't ready to deal with that (never mind too contemporary for my traditional hubbie) Hope it is over quickly for you.

Cottage- 9-12 isn't too bad! I just found out they bought 50 lbs of meat for our shindig - and that's for...lemme see...10 people. Good grief! They'll be stocked for months!

Woke up a bit early for a Sunday, but I've got stuff to do before church anyway. I want to clean out the fridge later, and make sure we start planning for our trip. We're leaving Wed after work for NC, I think that calls for A LOT of coffee...

YAY! The coffee maker just beeped!!!
Old 11-18-2012, 07:19 AM   #15  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's another day of catching up around the house. Yesterday we ended up doing TJs in the evening so no major shopping left to do today. Should make the day calmer for me. I'm in a cooking mood so the kale sausage lasagna, trying a garlic and greens soup on the side, and experimenting with the mock snack cake to see if I can come up with a good pumpkin spice version. I think I might need a little almond flour to make it work. I haven't played with that recipe in a year and a half so that will be fun.

It's very cold but sunny. I am going to squeeze a walk in once it warms up. Lots of interesting birds around this year.
Closed Thread