South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 11-14-2012, 07:04 PM   #1  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Default Need some advice

Hi there,

So, DW is on Day 5 of Ph1 with me. It's the first time she's actually done a clean Ph1 with me with no add ins or cheats.

I just got a super cranky text from her about having gained back the 3 pounds she lost. I called her to tell her that she shouldn't weigh in at 7p ("but I did at this same time on Sunday!") because, depending on the food plan for the day it could flux, that she hasn't had a good BM so that could do it, she's been working out, she could be retaining water, TOM, etc. but she is so deflated and upset right now.

Anything else I can say to help her alleviate the crank she's in right now? I don't want her to go backwards and I think she overall feels better (she's also got SAD and went to the dr. yesterday so hopefully new meds will help some of this).

I sent her a text to say all of this after she yelled at me but any advice would be helpful!

Thanks
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Hi Jenne,

This is a tough one, I feel for you. Do you think DW is having a little SB flu moodiness too? She is doing great and maybe reading posts from other members might help too (hey we all struggle with that mean nasty scale) Maybe she may take your advise as being biased. It is so nice you support each other through this. Just keep reassuring her. Hide the damn scale too!! Most weight loss programs agree ONE weigh in a week. Now, I am a nut job who weighs myself daily, but I am in a different phase than DW. I am maintaining with little hiccups. Hope this helps
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

LOL...NEVER, EVER weigh yourself at night!! I'm often 3-5 lbs heavier in the evening. (or if you do, don't take it seriously)

Always, first thing in the morning, buck naked, after you pee.
(what was the scale this am!?)

and, is this her first time on SBD, or has she somewhat followed it with you before? If so, you really don't drop the weight on P1 like the first time .
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:42 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hide that evil scale! They lie! If you must weigh in, then do it once a month.

The best indicator of weight loss is how your clothes are fitting and how you feel. The SBD flu can be a big factor for many, but once that passes, she should be feeling terrific and noticing a difference.

Tell her to hang in there, Jenne, and consider the alternative.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:09 AM   #5  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Thanks all.

We weighed in this morning, post pee and sans clothes and she is at the same weight from when she started. I talked with her and she is on board to continue though she's frustrated.

Thanks all!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

In reality, diets don't work that quick anyway....we get all excited with sbd b/c we'll drop a few pounds when we drop the grains. But in reality, it's the normal 1-2 lbs/week.

I will mention, like everyone else I gain weight at TOM, but I also do when I ovulate. So many things play a role!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote