Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 12:02 PM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #27

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #27

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous lbs Down Friday We get to crow about loss or ask for help
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

CURRENT CHALLENGE IS UNTIL DECEMBER 31ST. TO LOSE 30 LBS BY THEN.

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.
Old 09-17-2003, 12:15 PM   #2  

Pam: You are back on track and YOU GET A: for points.

It is boring at the Wilkinsons' house today, but I am determined not to let it make me EAT! I can stay strong and stay OP and not go over. I know I can do this and not let boredom overshadow what I want to do with my life!

Oooohh only one more week and I go on my little birthday vacation. Jack and I are like little kids. We talk about it every night, he because he needs some time off from work and me because I need to get away from the house and spend some time with just him. I "bought him" a couple of beautiful satin gowns for me to wear on the trip.

Well, ladies, I am going to go and hunt myself something up to do.

Faye

Oh, here are a few things that I have found lately that are either low or no fat and pretty good snacks. You may have tried them, but I thought I would contribute anyway. Anyone else that has some good ones, please post them.

Heath Smart ice cream bars 60 cal NO FAT
Slim Fast Snack Bars 125 cal and 25 fat (4-5 varietys and taste liike candy bars)
Rold Gold Pretzels sticks 110 cal and NO FAT
Jello Fat Free Pudding 100 cal NO FAT
Breyers No Sugar Added Butter Pecan Ice Cream 120 cal and 60 fat cal
Breyers Real Fruit Popsicles (these are yummy in Orange, Mango, Strawberry and Raspberry) 80 cal NO FAT

ALL THE ABOVE WERE PURCHASED AT WALMART SO SHOULD BE AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE BUT OUR LOVELY INTERNATIONAL LADIES
Old 09-17-2003, 12:23 PM   #3  
Soon-to-be Sexy Lady

OK, I am over myc al limit yesterday by 300...so i only get 2 points! WAH! And I gained back my weight that I lost...148 again. I think what I need to do is STOP weighing myself daily. I'm going bonkers. So my mission is to ween myself off it and just do every other day and then every third, till I'm down to once a week. So my personal mission is to not weigh myself until FRIDAY!

Faye, did I miss the mission of the day?

I'm gonna drop a few extra cals off my daily limit..maybe 1000...just until friday so I can fit into my cute suede pants to wear to see my new man! i got a pair of ADORABEL brown heels and now tonight I'm going out to find a shirt to match them. This will be a super fun friday night...if ISABEL doesn't muck it up! What a wench! LOL
Old 09-17-2003, 12:31 PM   #4  

Missy: Girl, I was back on 26 and posted at around 2:30 am with it this morning! YOU GET A: for points! I am going to hypnotize you so listen carefully:

"You are relaxing and getting sleepy, very sleepy. You can't hold your head up you are so sleepy. Now as I count backward, you will go further and further asleep. When I get to one, you will be totally relaxed. 3.....you are going deeper, 2....deeper, and 1 you are totally relaxed. Now I want you to repeat to yourself, "the scale is my enemy. It will bite me if I stand on it. I do not like the scale. I am only going to stand on it once a week while it is sleeping." Now when I bring you back, I want you to remember that the scale is bad and not get on it except once a week when it is asleep. As I count forward, you will become more and more awake, 3 you are less sleepy and waking, 2 your are almost totally awake and 1 you are fully awake and relaxed like you have taken a nap."

Ok that should do the trick now! BTW if you have a gripe go ahead and spit it out even if you didn't see my topic post this AM!

For all the rest of you, I suggest you use the wizard and do the same thing. The scale can be a big pain in the patootey when it comes to weight loss so stay off of it as much as possible.

Faye
Old 09-17-2003, 01:04 PM   #5  
Soon-to-be Sexy Lady

Faye you crack me up! Now that you mention it, I DID see that it was Wednesday's woes...sorry, I missed it! Hopefully I'll be afraid of that scale now. LOL
Old 09-17-2003, 02:47 PM   #6  
Soon-to-be Sexy Lady

OK I went to the dietitian site to check to see if I was doing calories correctly and I redid everything and this is what it came up with to lose 2lbs. per week.

Your Nutrition Facts
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Calorie Daily Value 2,040 Calories from Fat 820
Total Fat 91 g
___Saturated Fat 30 g
Cholesterol 300 mg
Sodium 2,400 mg
Potassium 3,500 mg
Total Carbohydrate 204 g
___Dietary Fiber 25 g
___Sugars 51 g
Protein 102 g

2000 calories? Is that right Faye? I've been sticking with 1310...has the site been redesigned lately? Is it possible that I'm not eating enough and that is why I'm not losing?
Old 09-17-2003, 02:53 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 198/ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Oh Woe woe.. lol

My prayers to Carol Ann. Makes me feel like my problems are so insignificant when you think about those who are dealing with things much worse.

I got all 4 pts yesterday.

I am having difficulty eating lately.. odd isnt it? lol! I have been so very stressed out and it is affecting my appetite. I literally force myself to eat at meal time. Now I am also battling stress headaches every day as well, so I know its got to be bad.

My woes (just so I can feel a little better) : My DH is being a real DH (add whatever words you want for those initials.. I am thinking bad bad bad.) He has been criticizing my every move lately. I am living in the land of " You can't do ANYTHING" right. Not a nice place to be. Today was the last straw. I had to send a 40 lb package that was so big I couldnt get it into my car/trunk. He wouldnt help me. Refused to load it or go with me to UPS - 5 min away- to unload it. I somehow got it loaded and went with my 3 yr old to UPS - no he wouldnt keep the 3 yr old for me either. Asked for help at the counter which they kindly assisted me. Now....I am going to show him exactly what it feels like. He depends on me for everything.. even down to getting his work clothes, socks, etc and making his coffee and dinner to take to work with him. And that is the tip of what I do for him. Tonight he will do it himself or he will do without. I am still mad and will probably stay that way due to the fact that I pulled something in my back again today.. and I just got over a pull in my back a few weeks ago. Motrin isnt helping anymore. On top of that...
My kids are being devil children. Daughter and son got in trouble on the bus for swearing at a kid who was calling them nasty names. I was fit to be tied when I got called out to talk to the busdriver. That just really made me feel like an inadequate parent. Then she calls me the next morning because son is having a real problem with not staying seated on the bus and I have to deal with that. She is threatening to write him up which eventually could lead to being kicked off the bus. From what she says he has been a nightmare. I knew nothing about this and its been going on since last month.

Where do they learn it? I do not raise my children to act that way! I am actually a fairly strict mom who demands respect and makes my kids walk the line. I just dont understand what has gotten into them.

Enough of this.. I could go on all night. Big hugs to anyone who actually read all of this and I do feel a little better.
Old 09-17-2003, 03:14 PM   #8  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi Lovlies!

I got 4 points yesterday - even though it was a really hot day, I went to the gym and had a good workout - felt great afterwards!

DEBBIE:- So sorry to hear that you are having problems with your hubby - has anything happened to make him behave like this or is he always like this? As regards to your kids - it wouldn't suprise me if they have picked up the bad language from school, just because you try to bring your kids up right does not mean others do - kids pick up so much from other kids. Hope things improve for you soon.

My thoughts and prayers are with Carol Ann today.

No woes today, I think I'll just count my blessings.....

Amanda xx
Old 09-17-2003, 03:17 PM   #9  
2006 - Panda Remix

OOOOOPS sorry I forgot - welcome happy!! I'm sure you will enjoy being here - I love it and everyone is a real source of support and motivation.

Look forward to getting to know you.

Amanda xx
Old 09-17-2003, 05:00 PM   #10  

Missy: It could very well be the part where you put in how many hours you sleep, etc. If you work out all the time, that will be why your get a calorie increase especially if you have increased your workout routine or time significantly. I am sure it is ok, but try it again.

4 POINT SMILEYS GO TO:

AMANDA and DEBBIE

Debbie: Something is definitely going on with your son. You may want to talk to his teacher if you don't know of anything that could be upsetting him at home. He is acting out for attention and they will take bad attention if they don't get good attention. Is you dh ignoring him by any chance? He may need your hubby's attention. As for hubby, you know my motto, In your face all the way. I would certainly ask him nicely what is bothering him if this behaviour of his is unusual too. If he has been acting this way for awhile, I would tell him point blank it isn't acceptable. I think turning the tables on him is a good start if only because he is going to want to know why you aren't doing for him and that is your opening. BUT ABSOLUTELY find out what is going on with your son because there is trouble somewhere, a bully, or a teacher problem something.

OH BTW CUBS WIN CUBS WIN!

I gotta run as Jack will be home at any time.

Faye
Old 09-17-2003, 05:19 PM   #11  
Soon-to-be Sexy Lady

I had a hard time working out my hours and stuff but I bet that is what it is.

I usually sleep 8 hours...then I am at work for 8 hours....then beyond that it's just 1 hour or so for working out and the rest of the day could be lounging or it could be running errands...how would you work that out? Do you think it's possible that I'm eating too little and my body is just holdingo nto the calories? Maybe that's why I 'lost' with the McD's?
Old 09-17-2003, 06:00 PM   #12  

Missy: that is extremely possible. I would try sticking closer to the 2000 for a couple weeks and see if it jump starts you, if not, maybe split the difference and do 1600.

Faye
Old 09-17-2003, 07:30 PM   #13  

Hi girls,
Wow it's going to take me a bit to know you all and catch up...but hopefully, just a little bit. The one think I have learned about you is that you all seem very supportive and are good listeners...thank you.

Today seems to be woe day huh...so I went to my gyn appt. and she prescribed glucophage forte for 1 week once a day and if the side effects weren't too bad then I should take glucophage XR once a day til further notice. Hopefully I'll be ok with it.

Now let me introduce you all to the major cause of most of the stress in my life...Andrew. He is my boyfriend and we've gone out for 1 year and 2 months. For a while we were living together, but then I made him move out. He was not contributing with nothing and so it turns out he has a bad drinking problem. He is the man I would love to marry and I have never felt like this before, but I hate the drinking problem and it has caused a lot of trouble. ALOT! I have tried breaking up with him but he always manages to sweet talk me back into his arms. And today as I am writing we were supposed to meet to go to the movies after my appt. and instead all I got was a phone call on how he got into a small dispute with someone-translation: a wonderful reason to drink-result: has not come home yet (he stays with me Tue-Thur)-prediction: he will not show up until 3am or later and wake me up, resulting in me being tired at work tomorrow.

Wow it sounds pretty ugly and clear that I should dump him, but how?

Sorry to dump this on you girl but I am so mad right now.
Old 09-17-2003, 07:57 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Evening ladies!

Sorry that I have been MIA but DS has been having some medical test and have been stressed as a result but all is alright just have to work on regulating his ADHD meds.

Dot, I know that it is hard to kick them to the crub but in the end you will be the one to benfit from it all. When people have a drinking problem there is nothing that you can do until they are ready to help themselves. I know this all to well. I have been married to someone who is an alocholic. As it stands right now we are waiting for the divorce to be finalized. He has straightened out his act however he knows how I feel about the drinking and is trying to take it one day at a time. I could handle it if it was only a drink or two but often it turns into more. I have constantly been praying for him.

Debbbie, I can relate to your sisuation all too well! Richard tried that a time or two esp when I was down with endo flair ups! I calmly pointed out what he was doing and how it was making me fell. It finally got thru. I too done things to show him how it felt and I am here to tell ya that it gets you nowhere fast!

Faye! You go girl!!!!!! Keep on buying those things for"HIM". I know that you will enjoy yourself on your VACATION!

I got into a 12 yesterday. Could have been misized but I dont care it was a 12!

Gotta run almost time for Corey to get home from children's chruch.

everyone please keep the people along the coast of NC and VA in your prayer!

sandy
Old 09-17-2003, 08:27 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 198/ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Hi all!

I am officially on 'shut down' with my DH. I did confront him when he got up (he works 3rd shift) and let him know that he was going to have to start pulling his weight around the house. He works, I work from home running an ebay store and selling hundreds of items a month, plus I do all the child rearing, cooking, cleaning, housekeeping. He has always been like he is.. sometimes worse than others. His mother raised him and waited on him hand and foot like he was a God. He thinks the world revolves around him about 80% of the time and he expects me to think that way too. I was with him a year before we married and he never showed this side until after.

I made a list. Told him he has chores and things he has to do if we are going to make things run smoothly. Things like putting his dirty clothes in the hamper, picking up after himself, doing things for himself instead of telling me to do it (i.e. he cant wash his hands because there are dirty dishes in the sink after a meal so he yells for me to come load the dishwasher-grrrrrr), and if there is a problem with the kids.. he will handle it if he is the one who discovers it. Unfortunately, I have continued what his mother started, for the past 8 yrs and its going to be a long road ahead.

He didnt say much tonight. Made his own coffee - twice because he did it wrong the first time. Man cant even brew a pot of coffee . He asked how after ruining the first pot and I told him, but I didnt do it.

I just want a 50/50 partnership. I do alot for him and I dont mind doing most of it.. as long as I am treated well and with respect in return.

As far as my son... He is almost 7 and has the middle child syndrome worse than any kid I have ever known. We do make it a point to give him extra attention, make sure that he is never left out, etc.. etc...because we know he needs it. He even has special time with DH every weekend where they go out alone and do guy stuff like fishing or going to a sporting goods shop or toy store. He has done things in the past similar to this for attention and I have even brought it to the attention of his doctor as well as talking with his teacher. In school the teachers seem to think that he is just the cats meow and a real joy. Maybe I'll get him figured out soon.

For now I must go break up the 764th fight of the evening and put my monsters in bed. Duct tape anyone?
Closed Thread