South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 05:26 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Wednesday Beach Chatter, Nov 14

Good Morning

DH went to bed early then woke me at 2am for coffee. Ouch. Now he's decided we ought to head West for a couple of days which works for me. I found out last weekend that my Sis is flying in Friday night. It would be great to have a few days to ourselves before she arrives.

Food choices continue to be pretty darned good. After 3 years on SBD I'm still amazed at how good I feel.

What's up in your neck of the woods?? Stop by and say hi!
Old 11-14-2012, 06:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It wouldn't be a very nice morning here, I'm afraid, if Jake woke me at 2am for a cup of coffee. You must be a lot more accommodating than me, Debbie! You and Kirk enjoy yourselves on the western slopes before your sister arrives. I still marvel, too, how I have a sense of well-being when I stick to plan.

Hump Day already, and I only have some gentle hills in my day. I'm home until 10am, when I have to pick up Audrey from school. She and Maggie are playing hooky and going on a special centennial fox hunt today and a hunt club tea afterwards, so I'll have the house to myself all day. I'll have plenty to do, though, because they had overnight guests again, and I'll have to change the sheets on the beds and tidy up the bathrooms.

We had a brief snow shower yesterday. It didn't stick, but it was a reminder that winter isn't far away!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 11-14-2012 at 06:59 AM.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:42 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Debbie, and thanks for starting us up.

Thought this was supposed to be an easy week but checked my calendar this morning and I was wrong! After gym this morning, I have to drop off some schoolwork from the Fair and then go to Pet Therapy which will last until 2:30. I'd forgotten that I switched my days around because I was planning to go to PA next week. I have money to deposit in the Mill account and hope to get it dropped off on my way home.

It's 19ºF out there right now but sunny. If I have time and energy late afternoon, I will tackle those leaves again. I also want to organize my gardening tools for next spring - got another seed catalogue in the mail yesterday!

If anyone has nothing to do today, please pop in and I'll give you a job.

Happy Hump Day!
Old 11-14-2012, 06:43 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi Cottage. A snow shower? We're supposed to get it first. Who can we call with a complaint? I hope your day is as humpless as possible.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! Cottage , I'm with you - it wouldn't be a pleasant morning if my DH woke me up at 2 am! Enjoy your alone time. It is amazing when you stick with SBD how good you feel - I should put little note's all over my kids' cr@p food to remind me of that!!

Ruth, is that a big surprise you have a busy week?!? I would love to help, but my boss might object .

Cottage - hope your day goes smoothly. I would be the alone time is nice, even if you're working! I bet their family adores you .

For me - nothing too exciting. I've been really good on my goals (it wasn't as hard not to eat past 8 pm...but maybe that's because I went to bed at 9 pm!!), and hope to continue them. I've debated if I should just let myself have a free day next thursday, and go back to normal friday. I will be at my in-laws, so might not have the choices I have here. I bet they would love hoppin' john though!

For today though - short day of work, then hopefully a run (I bought new trail shoes!! woo hoo!), then standard evening.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:44 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning. Boy Debbie SB must really make you feel great if hubby waking you at 2 doesn't phase you Actually I think it is sweet. Enjoy your alone time before your sister arrives.

Linda enjoy your alone time. Hope they have fun on their hunt. I brought home ground venison last night. So today an enormous pot of chili will be made.

Ruth I would love to help, but the insurance adjuster comes today. Come on big money! Mama needs a new shed and her trees gone lol. The kennel will not be getting replaced much to the doggies liking. They prefer the comforts of the kitchen over the outdoors any day.

Tammy enjoy your new trail shoes. I get excited too when I get new exercise gear.

Had a fairly OP day which was helpful. Went to see the new 007 movie so my hand seemed to find it's way into Joe's pop corn tub. Must be because he wanted to hold my hand lol. I surprised him by cooking dinner before he got home from work. Nothing fancy salad and chipolte turkey burgers (no buns). I have to admit they were yummy. Today I need to get more Pyrex bowls to freeze the chili and some soup. My fridge is very well stocked these days.

Hope everyone has a great hump day
Old 11-14-2012, 08:53 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning quick fly by for me

Sounds like everyone is doing well.

Nothing on the agenda tonight except Haircuts. Last night they announced they are wanting to move the Awana program to Sunday nights, if they do I do not think I will be involved, Weekends are my only time to destress especially Sunday normally just have church scheduled. Not too many staff were happy about it being moved to Sunday afternoons so hopefully they will see they will not have any staff.

Have a great day everyone
Old 11-14-2012, 09:14 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Another busy week before a week of relative calm (at least work calm!). Today I've got meetings all afternoon and early evening. I'm going to try the fireside white bean soup for the meeting. I often bring them dinner to make life easier. Then tomorrow I'm off to Burlington for a small dinner event with Madeline Kunin . I am very excited about that event and the opportunity to meet her. Friday I work in Burlington for the day. Meanwhile I am trying to get and stay on plan. I do think there will be a glass or two of wine Thursday night though.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:50 AM   #9  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

morning chickies - I am at work today and have meetings all day but wanted to stop by, log my food and say hello. I hope you are all well!
Closed Thread